IGNORED

Favourite Sitcom's/ Comedies

jamiemaher85

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Royle Family and Early Doors i think was written by the same bloke.... somebody Cash, cant remember his name.

Craig Cash

Liked Lead Ballon with Jack Dee

He prety much plays himself, its a bit like a more modern Victor Meldrew

Craig Cash

Liked Lead Ballon with Jack Dee

He prety much plays himself, its a bit like a more modern Victor Meldrew

that's terrible, i cant watch it without thinking he's just trying to be larry david. remember at an awards ceremony i think it was someone made a joek about him obviously having watched curb your enthusiasm an he wasn't amused at all, thought it was quite funny.

having mentioned larry david i'll throw seinfeld in.

Good - Red Dwarf, Still Game, Family Guy, Malcom in the middle and Fawlty Towers.

Bad - Shameless, Anything with Peter Kaye in it and The young ones

Ugly - On the buses, Allo Allo, Sorry and Duty Free.

All of the above are purely a personal opinion and are not those of the owner of this site. :D

ATB

Mac

Good - Red Dwarf, Still Game, Family Guy, Malcom in the middle and Fawlty Towers.

Bad - Shameless, Anything with Peter Kaye in it and The young ones

Ugly - On the buses, Allo Allo, Sorry and Duty Free.

All of the above are purely a personal opinion and are not those of the owner of this site. :D

ATB

Mac

Classic. The early series were amazing

How can you go downhill when you start in the gutter :lol: ?

well to each to his own but i like it. got a problem sue me.

aaron i agree about skins. i think its ok. but you do need to be of a certain age to enjoy it.

shame there isnt very many sitcoms nowadays. nowadays its boring and repetative sketch shows such as mighty boosh and catherine tate.

Seinfeld is brilliant, i have the first 7 seasons on dvd,

7 seasons!!! Thats one thing that annoys me about American shows, they run for years until they are done to death. UK ones (such as Young Ones, The Office, Fawlty Towers etc) generally run for 2 seasons (12 episodes). When they run for so long the jokes wear thin and they become boring. One English example is Only Fools and Horses, great for a couple of seasons then just rode on the wave of its popularity and I quickly got sick of it.

UK Comedy for me all the way, Favourite one for me is The Royle Family, Young Ones,

and has anyone seen GARTH MARENGHI'S DARK PLACE?????, Very Funny in a strange mighty boosh type of way.

As a young nipper in the 70's there were a few comedies I liked but I dont know if they would stand the test of time The Goodies, George and Mildred, Robins Nest (go on, tell me how bad they actually are and kill my illusion).

7 seasons!!! Thats one thing that annoys me about American shows, they run for years until they are done to death. UK ones (such as Young Ones, The Office, Fawlty Towers etc) generally run for 2 seasons (12 episodes). When they run for so long the jokes wear thin and they become boring. One English example is Only Fools and Horses, great for a couple of seasons then just rode on the wave of its popularity and I quickly got sick of it.

UK Comedy for me all the way, Favourite one for me is The Royle Family, Young Ones,

and has anyone seen GARTH MARENGHI'S DARK PLACE?????, Very Funny in a strange mighty boosh type of way.

As a young nipper in the 70's there were a few comedies I liked but I dont know if they would stand the test of time The Goodies, George and Mildred, Robins Nest (go on, tell me how bad they actually are and kill my illusion).

I think that certain series can be done to death but Seinfeld is different. It is consitantly good and doesn't rely on repeating similar jokes to get easy laughs, it actually gets better as the series go on, but the writing talent behind the show is immense, jerry seinfeld himself, Larry David, Larry Charles (who has recently directed Borat) and many more quality writers.

Also Dark Place is genius. Probably my favourite recent sitcom. "I had a cat once, dropped a sofa on its head, it was a right off" Genius

Liked Black Books. Cheers/Frasier is/are a good example imo of the American sitcom that can evolve and stay funny.

If you go back to something like Allo Allo (sorry Alex :unsure: ) it's the same jokes every week....every minute in fact. It's one joke is that foreigners speak in a funny accent which creates endless double entendre, funny for thirty seconds if you like that kind of thing I suppose.