IGNORED

Huyton 3 - 0 Andorra

im glad i went to watch the "legends" (stuart barlow??? WTF!!!) than the england shite!

Erm do you not remember Wimbldon? That makes the lad a legend in my book plus he ran the Manure defence ragged in the first half of the 95 cup final even if every shot hit row Z (apart from the one which bounced off the cross bar of course & we all know what happened next).

More a part of Everton history in the mid 90's than any other IMO!

Erm do you not remember Wimbldon? That makes the lad a legend in my book plus he ran the Manure defence ragged in the first half of the 95 cup final even if every shot hit row Z (apart from the one which bounced off the cross bar of course & we all know what happened next).

More a part of Everton history in the mid 90's than any other IMO!

I thought it was Matt Jackson that hit the bar??? I could be wrong. I'll have to get the video out.

Certainly don't remember it being jigsaw. Graham Stuart from a Matt Jackson pass if I'm not mistaken.

(Barlow didn't play at all in fact...you're confused fish, must be your age. Take another pill :lol: .)

Later edit...

Everton: Southall, Jackson, Watson, Unsworth, Ablett, Horne, Parkinson, Hinchcliffe, Stuart, Limpar (Amokachi 69), Rideout (Ferguson 51)

Have to say heroes every one but it looks a pretty poor team on paper looking at it now. What a day :D !

Edited by MikeO

Certainly don't remember it being jigsaw. Graham Stuart from a Matt Jackson pass if I'm not mistaken.

(Barlow didn't play at all in fact...you're confused fish, must be your age. Take another pill :lol: .)

Later edit...

Everton: Southall, Jackson, Watson, Unsworth, Ablett, Horne, Parkinson, Hinchcliffe, Stuart, Limpar (Amokachi 69), Rideout (Ferguson 51)

Have to say heroes every one but it looks a pretty poor team on paper looking at it now. What a day :D !

Oh well, I was close. I thought Jackson was involved somehow. I remember his début at Goodison in (1991 i believe), I thought he was a good player. Wasnt too happy when we sold him.

Later edit...

Oh dear Mike your shattering young Evertonians Dreams....Southall, Watson, Hinchcliffe, Limpar, Amokachi, Plus a young UNSY and a young DUNCAN, and your calling them a poor team.

OBVIOUSLY BEEN SPOILT BY THE 80s SIDE. :)

Later edit...

Errrrm I never said it??

If remember rightly Limpar broke, passed to Jackson who squared it to Stuart in the middle and the fool hit the bar from 10 yards only to be bailed out by the heroics of Rideout putting his nose through Irwins fist and forehead through the ball!

As for the pair of you I dont care what you saw in the 80's because if if it wasnt for those "hero's" who look poor on paper the club we love would have been playing outside the premier league in 94, 95 & 97. So sing the praises of a load of internationals bought by a club with money to win silverware all you like but I do and forever will sing the praises of the dogs of war that kept my beloved club in the top flight and won me the FA Cup with all the odds stacked against them!!!

Soap box away for another few weeks :P

Didn't mean to be remotely negative about them...they will forever be mentioned in the highest echelons of Everton history and I love each and every one of them and the fact that I don't think the team looks strong on paper only makes their achievment more remarkable in my book.

But (here's a question, in fact make that two questions)...

1. How many of them would (with the obvious exception of those who played in it) get into the eighties side?

None IMO

2. How many of them would get into todays starting XI?

Southall at his peak for sure but he was pushing 37.

Watson almost certainly.

Hinchcliffe and Stuart probably.

(Puts on flak jacket and retires ten paces :P )

I would add Joe Parkinson into that list personally Mike.

I firmly believe that Joe Royle & Walter Smith with all the shite that played under them deserve a tad more respect from our older generation. Lets not forget it wasnt the managers' fault they had no cash and it wasnt the players fault Everton Football club bought them but every man stood and fought for the cause and they are the reason Peter Johnson wasnt allowed to ruin this football club.

Without the likes of Paul Rideout, Graham Stuart & Kevin Campbell scoring what goals they did & the likes of Earl Barrett, Terry Phelan, Dave Watson, Davis Unsworth, Barry Horne & John Ebrell fighting tooth and nail we would (some say should) be sitting in the championship or worse right now.

The team of the 80's gave us so many additions to our history but the team of the 90's preserved our lifeblood of Premiership status which allowed us dare I say it "to turn the corner". Without those battlers & the 35,000 fans who stood when it mattered Johnson would have destroyed this club beyond all recognition.

I salute the team of the 90's and every man, woman & child who packed out Goodison Park and stood in the face of adversity! iconsalutzq6.gif

I join you in saluting every man jack of them...John Ebbrell, who missed out on the final sadly, was a particular fave of mine. Again I repeat I meant no disrespect and I would gladly let them all sleep with my sister (if I had one). I was never a big Limpar fan Bill...apart from the Wimbledon game obviously :D !

I join you in saluting every man jack of them...John Ebbrell, who missed out on the final sadly, was a particular fave of mine. Again I repeat I meant no disrespect and I would gladly let them all sleep with my sister (if I had one). I was never a big Limpar fan Bill...apart from the Wimbledon game obviously :D !

Dont worry Mike I dont think you are disrespecting them I just believe those who saw the glory of the 80's forget easily that without the fight of the 90's we may never have been in a position to see that again!

I had hairs standing up and tingles all over writing these posts, I fuckin love this club and I wish just one of the pricks handing out "club ban's" for petty offences could understand the passion that rages inside me :angry:

I'm off the gym to work off some of my fustration, as always has been nice debating with my fellow blues :D

What about Limpar v the RS at anfield, pure class. He was a great player, if a bit inconsistent.

As for someones earlier post, I know eveyones entitled to their own opinion, but I dont know about Walter Smith deserving any kind of respect. That period was the lowest point I can remember (bar walkers short reign).

What about Limpar v the RS at anfield, pure class. He was a great player, if a bit inconsistent.

As for someones earlier post, I know eveyones entitled to their own opinion, but I dont know about Walter Smith deserving any kind of respect. That period was the lowest point I can remember (bar walkers short reign).

How can you not respect him for keeping us in the league while Johnson fucked around with our finances and sold his players from under his nose?????

The football was dire but a lesser man would have seen us relagated and then walked away!

Walter Smith is the only Everton mananager in 50 years to leave this club having brought in more money than he spent,

Of course it didnt help him when the boardroom wouldnt give him fook all to spend, and even sold some of his players without consulting him.

It has already been said, but he does deserve a lot of credit and respect for what he did, and not leaving us in the shit as some others would have done.

How can you not respect him for keeping us in the league while Johnson fucked around with our finances and sold his players from under his nose?????

The football was dire but a lesser man would have seen us relagated and then walked away!

Players? Wasnt it just the 1 player, Ferguson.

AND ANOTHER COMMENT; Walter Smith is the only Everton mananager in 50 years to leave this club having brought in more money than he spent.

Well, hardly surprising when the players he got in were old farts in like Ginola and Gascoigne. plus cheap rubbish like Jesper Blomquist, Scott Gemmill, Madar, Stephen Hughes etc etc.

ANYWAY, we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

Maghull said..........AND ANOTHER COMMENT; Walter Smith is the only Everton mananager in 50 years to leave this club having brought in more money than he spent.

Well, hardly surprising when the players he got in were old farts in like Ginola and Gascoigne. plus cheap rubbish like Jesper Blomquist, Scott Gemmill, Madar, Stephen Hughes etc etc.

I agree, but what i'm saying is, given the circumstances would any other Manager have done any better, not a penny to spend, kept the team in the top league, stuck at it for 5 years, and left the club books looking better than when he arrived.

And some of those "Old Farts" and "Cheap Rubbish" he managed to bring in for nothing, Unlike today when our old farts and cheap rubbish are costing us millions........VDM, KROLDOP, PISTONE. among others.

That "AND ANOTHER COMMENT" whatever you may think of it is true, name me any other Manager that would be capable of achieving it, or would even put up with it. THATS WHY HE DESERVES A BIT OF RESPECT.

Now that i've made my point as you did, I'll agree to disagree. <_<

Players? Wasnt it just the 1 player, Ferguson.

AND ANOTHER COMMENT; Walter Smith is the only Everton mananager in 50 years to leave this club having brought in more money than he spent.

ANYWAY, we'll just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

Your missing the whole point of whats being said here!