IGNORED

Stadium Developments

KillaGTiR

According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are on the verge of deciding to go it alone with concern to a new stadium. Apparently, it will cost £125m and have a capacity of 50,000.

The stadium issue has been up in the air for a while. The collapse of the Kings Dock deal and then Liverpool FC announcing it did not want to ground share meant Everton had to find other alternatives.

Our supposed financial security (coming from the sale of players and increased prize money thanks to last years league finish), has meant Everton are in a better position to take out a long term loan, whilst we have also attracted commercial funding for the project. Mr Wyness said:

"Pretty soon we're going to have to make our own decision, probably early in the New Year.

"A new build on another site looks as if it could be the most deliverable option.

"We're now in a much better financial position to take on more long-term debt.

"There are other commercial operators who have been in touch with us

and are prepared to work on funding it."

It must be stressed, as of the moment, nothing is definite. Wyness is still considering all options and states;

"All three options are still available."

The three options being; a ground share, redevelopment of Goodison and a new ground. But this is the closest indication yet, that some form of plan for a new stadium is at least underway.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/comment.php?comment.news.1303

According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are on the verge of deciding to go it alone with concern to a new stadium. Apparently, it will cost £125m and have a capacity of 50,000.

The stadium issue has been up in the air for a while. The collapse of the Kings Dock deal and then Liverpool FC announcing it did not want to ground share meant Everton had to find other alternatives.

Our supposed financial security (coming from the sale of players and increased prize money thanks to last years league finish), has meant Everton are in a better position to take out a long term loan, whilst we have also attracted commercial funding for the project. Mr Wyness said:

"Pretty soon we're going to have to make our own decision, probably early in the New Year.

"A new build on another site looks as if it could be the most deliverable option.

"We're now in a much better financial position to take on more long-term debt.

"There are other commercial operators who have been in touch with us

and are prepared to work on funding it."

It must be stressed, as of the moment, nothing is definite. Wyness is still considering all options and states;

"All three options are still available."

The three options being; a ground share, redevelopment of Goodison and a new ground. But this is the closest indication yet, that some form of plan for a new stadium is at least underway.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/comment.php?comment.news.1303

More pie in the sky me thinks!

I think that we had better get a decent team going before we think about expanding a stadium...

WE are only attracting 35,000 a game now - how the fuck are we going to attract 50,000?

My Theory...

WE will wait for the RS to build their stadium

then we will move to their shit hole whilst Goodison is rejuvinated and the pitch turned around so that the goals are at the bullens and main stand end.

It will be like 'going' home for a bit in the RS stadium and then back to Goodison once rebuilt.

Then we can all smash the fuck out of anfield...

They've got a picture on the article at the Echo/icliverpool site, but I'm fairly sure that's of the Peir Head development that's supposed to be happening.

If they want to put it where the Summer Pops was this year (mentioned in article), the biggest problem I can see is congestion, and lack of parking (apart the fact it may never happen, of course). You'd be swapping the crowded streets around Goodison for the main route in to town for the North of Liverpool, Southport etc. Not good on a Saturday afternoon. The Pops didn't cause much trouble, but they were evening events, and the actual size of the tent left a lot of space for parking on the site, which I can't see being the case with a stadium there instead.

There may be an option to get rid of some of the run down warehousing nearby though, and have parking over the road.

"how the fuck are we going to attract 50,000?" :P:P :P thats very true.

We do need a good staduim it's a fact. Just think of the extra income that could be gernarated from holding concerts/gigs/shows etc there.

There is no where in Liverpool or Merseyside for big bands/artists to come and play that's why they all play in Manchester. You only to look at Manchester Cities new ground now they have held a few bigs gig there already and the return most be pretty nice.

Guest fozzie22

More BK and the board bullshit me thinks..

We cant afford decent players so they wheel out the the old chestnut of the stadium,to keep the peasants ammused.

Time to get real and for BK to pull his head out of his arse,and for wyness to pull his head out from BK's arse.

"how the fuck are we going to attract 50,000?" :blink::):D thats very true.

We do need a good staduim it's a fact. Just think of the extra income that could be gernarated from holding concerts/gigs/shows etc there.

There is no where in Liverpool or Merseyside for big bands/artists to come and play that's why they all play in Manchester. You only to look at Manchester Cities new ground now they have held a few bigs gig there already and the return most be pretty nice.

Yeah - but look at it in a different light...RS are building a stadium. Gigs/concerts/shows can be held there and as our stadium will be built after their's, they will get a foot hold in the market and yet again we will be chasing revenue and trying to compete with something that has been allowed to establish...

Its pie in the sky and the thinking behind it is ludicrous. Its all about pacifying the fans.

Yeah - but look at it in a different light...RS are building a stadium. Gigs/concerts/shows can be held there and as our stadium will be built after their's, they will get a foot hold in the market and yet again we will be chasing revenue and trying to compete with something that has been allowed to establish...

Its pie in the sky and the thinking behind it is ludicrous. Its all about pacifying the fans.

Where are we going to get £125m from? WE can't get Keane on 40,000K a week and yet the board are talking about a new stadium and taking on a more long term debt - long term as in NEVER pay it back - EVER...

I will be 6foot under, my kids will be 6 foot under and my grand kids will be 6 foot under by the time the stadium is paid for.

Its a load of shit and I really wouldn't hold my breath!