IGNORED

Pigeons

Louis

In classroom full of 8 year old students a teacher posed a question.

"If 3 pigeons are sitting on a washing line and I shoot one of them, how many will be left?"

After a moment of silence the teacher called on the only student whose hand was in the air. Eric was her star student and was always ready for a challenge. She asked Eric to come to the front of the classroom and answer the question.

She said again. "If 3 pigeons are sitting on a washing line and I shoot one of them, how many will be left?"

Eric looked at her and said. "Well Miss, if there are 3 piegons on a washing line and you shoot one of them, one will die and the other 2 will fly away because of the noise."

The teacher looked at Eric and said "Well that wasn't the answer I was looking for, it was 2, but I like the way you think."

She asked Eric to go back to his desk but he turned around and said "I have a question for you Miss."

Since she thought he'd done well with her question she said "ok."

So he began. "There are 3 women sitting on a park bench all with lollypops in their hands. One of the women is licking her lolly, one is nibbling her lolly, and the other is sucking her lolly. Which one is married?"

Feeling rather embarrassed by the question but also obligated to answer the teacher said "The woman who is sucking her lolly?"

Eric looked at her and said "No Miss, it is the one with a ring on her finger, but I like the way you think."