IGNORED

Ronaldo Signs New United Deal

ronaldo-cristiano_celeb.jpg

United were aware of the speculation, but were always confident Ronaldo would commit his future to Old Trafford.

The speedy winger signed on the dotted line on Friday and it is a remarkable turnaround after he became public enemy number one for many English fans following his antics at last summer's World Cup finals.

He brushed off the controversy following Wayne Rooney's dismissal during the game between England and Portugal to shine for United and manager Sir Alex Ferguson has expressed delight at the 22-year-old's decision to ink a five-year commitment.

"It is fantastic news," the Scot told the club's website. "It emphasises the point that Cristiano is happy here and that he is at the right club.

"He has a great relationship with the team, staff and the fans and he will go on to be one of Manchester United's great players."

Ronaldo added: "I am delighted. I spoke with Sir Alex and David Gill about my future and everyone knew that I wanted to stay.

"I am very happy at the club and I want to win trophies and hopefully we will do that this season."

Great move by the mancs, Ronaldo as been the main reason why Utd have been the best side to watch this season. The way he stuck two fingers up to everyone over to those who accused him of over reacting when he got Rooney sent of in last summers World Cup, but this as just added to his game infact you could compare Ronaldo to what happened to Beckham in 1998,the year he got what could be said was alot worse treatment than,that of Ronaldo and went on to complete a treble,who says one player doesnt make a team eh?