IGNORED

Steve Sidwell

I heard the MOTD talking about Sidwell being left out of this weeks game because he didnt want to sign a new deal and is out of contract looking around other clubs for a new contract. I wouldnt mind him looks a good player, but is he good enough or not? imo I would take him but id well rather have Fernandes because he is quite similar to Cahill except for his heading of course.

I think central midfield should be our first buy,

Fernandes or Sidwell or Barton - but even though Moyes has been happy with Manny I could see us not getting him in and going for the cheaper options...like Sidwell

Thoughts???

Edited by Blue4Ever

Being fair,Fernadnes was only ever short term,Fair enough hes class and we would all love him but,i look at this two ways:

1)We pay most of our transfer kitty on him and get a great young player that within a few years will value and unless we brake into the top four will leave

2)we dont get manny and go for sidewell,barton and a few other players who could be alot cheaper and not only make our squad bigger but alot more quality to it.

I would be happier with number 2 because the two players everyone seems to want is Manny & Nugent,I am not overlykeen on Nugent because I believe we would have to pay around £6 million for him,which is something I dont totally agree on. So thats £12 Million on two new good players but lets not all throw all our eggs in one basket. We need a good winger,another center mid or 2 and a left back because Valente is far too injury prone and is aging aswell as a new center back as we cant rely on Stubbs as back up. We need a bigger squad for next season if we are to compete in the UEFA,both domestic cups and aswell try and push on in the league.

dont like & dont rate sidwell. Fooking merc, shown absolutely no loyalty to reading & he aint even their best player. OVERRATED. Get a deal for manny done. IMO

ps... im aloud to have this opinion because i have to watch reading every week because of my misses