IGNORED

Tim Howard?

I've posted this elsewhere but from the official site from 17th Feb...

Howard is now an Everton player, with the contract signed this week replacing the season-long loan deal agreed with Manchester United last summer.

If that's the case then surely he can play!

I've posted this elsewhere but from the official site from 17th Feb...

Howard is now an Everton player, with the contract signed this week replacing the season-long loan deal agreed with Manchester United last summer.

If that's the case then surely he can play!

How can we have signed a player officially outside the transfare window??

I think the loan runs until the end of the deason and then his contract starts which although he has signed means he is still on loan!

I am very unclear on all this tho.

Yea you can sign players that are on loan to you, after the end of the transfer window. Then they are classed as you players.

and look

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...=458&page=1

His name has been removed from united's sqaud list

Tim Howard DEFINATELY cannot play against Utd , Ian Turner is to be recalled from Sheffield Wednesday after their weekend game

How certain are you that he can not play and were is your information from?

As far as I was aware when he signed his deal that the Everton board said that the contract replaced the loan and he was able to play against United.

All united fans I have asked about it also beleive that he can play against them as well.

Last game for Turner

SHEFFIELD Wednesday are to lose star keeper Iain Turner after this Saturday's match against Coventry.

Everton are recalling him from his loan because their on-loan Manchester United keeper Tim Howard is barred from playing against the Premiership leaders on April 28.

It will mean a chance for Owls No 2 Chris Adamson in the last two games of the season, with youngster Richard O'Donnell probably on the bench.

There is no suggestion that Wednesday will bring back Mark Crossley, who was replaced by Turner.

Crossley is technically still on loan to the Owls but has been training with Fulham and not playing in matches.

Owls boss Brian Laws revealed: "Everton want Iain back after Saturday.

"He's been a sensational player for us. If we could have kept him it would have been fantastic. I spoke to David Moyes; Everton will have a keeper problem themselves, and after Iain gone back there, he will not be able to return here this season.

"As for next season, we're still trying to get the lad back here. There's a lot of talking to be done. Let's hope he's here next season on loan.

"We have three or four other possible targets if that falls down.

"We have shown that if you get a quality keeper in, it does win you games. If we get a keeper of Iain's calibre, I think we'll be all right."

Everton boss Moyes had already ruled out selling Turner to Wednesday, because the 23-year-old is regarded as having a bright future at Goodison Park.

Just been digging through the club website news archives and found this.......

Everton have clinched the signing of goalkeeper Tim Howard on a five-year contract from Manchester United for a fee believed to be in the region of £3million.

Howard joined the Merseysiders on loan from the beginning of the season, with his long-term future at Old Trafford very much in doubt.

But his form at Goodison Park even prompted United boss Sir Alex Ferguson to discuss bringing the USA international back to the club when his loan ended. However, United have new England international Ben Foster and Polish youngster Tomasz Kuszczak as back-up to Edwin van der Sar, and Howard's future at Old Trafford was clearly limited.

Howard's new deal will start from the beginning of next season and run until 2012, with the current loan continuing for the rest of the campaign.

Manchester United paid £2.3million for the 27-year-old from New York/New Jersey Metrostars in July 2003, and he played 77 games for them before moving to Goodison last summer.

The permanent arrival of Howard also suggests that Richard Wright, the current number two, will be released in the summer. Everton have two highly-promising youngsters as back-up in Iain Turner and John Ruddy.

Howard has made 27 appearances for the Toffees, keeping an impressive 11 clean sheets.

Howard told evertonTV: "The club share my ambition, that is for sure, the manager does and so do the fans. I was drawn to the club for a number of reasons and the players in the dressing room are one of them."

Although the transfer window is currently shut, Premier League rules permit domestic loan deals to be made permanent outside the window.

Everton boss David Moyes said: "We are delighted to have signed Tim on a permanent basis. He has come in this season and proved he is a good keeper and we are pleased to have secured him."

That was the initial story but it was updated on a couple of occasions making it clear that the loan deal was finished, though I don't suppose it matters greatly...he can't play either way. So who will? Turner for me...but it'll be Teflon, hopefully giving us a performance to remember him by!

Looks concrete he won't play now, this is from icLiverpool

"The American will be a spectator when Manchester United visit Everton next weekend in a match that could have a vital bearing on the destination of the Premiership title.

Howard is barred from facing his old club this season under an agreement reached when he made the £3 million move from Old Trafford to Goodison Park."

I for one would like to see Ruddy or Turner in nets but reckon it will be Wright, maybe he will put in a good performance because he is in the shop window after all and needs to impress all the Leicester's and Ispwich's of this world :)