IGNORED

West Ham (new)

L_Blue

Having read some of the extreme over reactions to a loss away i can imagine a mod has killed the thread in disgust at some of the fickle modern day twatty twit face bastard comments that should be reserved for when we have something reall to moan about

Some of you fuckers need to get a reality check

Having read some of the extreme over reactions to a loss away i can imagine a mod has killed the thread in disgust at some of the fickle modern day twatty twit face bastard comments that should be reserved for when we have something reall to moan about

Thats abit strong isnt it?? I think everyone was dissapointed with the result yesturday, a loss is a loss and as such disheartening when we'd built it up (in the same topic) for an absolute away drumming!

disheartening when we'd built it up (in the same topic) for an absolute away drumming!

Well there's the problem......if you will go expecting us to win 4,5-0...then to lose

is surely a major blow.Myself I think I predicted a hard game that could go either

way......and was hoping for a 1-0(for us!)...So we lost away to a team fighting

for their lives.Where as Man utd got a dubious draw at HOME to a team with

nothing to play for!!Now if we'd lost 1-3 at home to Reading that would be worth

a BIG moan.With no AJ,Cahill,Vaughan and Anichebe a miss firing Beattie and

an underplayed McFadden,then goals will be hard to come by.

Where would Spurs be without Keane....or luckypool without captain fantastic?

Dissapointed YES.........Down hearted NO!

I never personelly felt like we could deal them a drumming. I thought we could turn them over, after all there a strugling team and were completly the oposite. I admit with the resources we were left with we wernt gona set the world on fire but we should have been capable. There was alot of positivity in the thread, as Mac said "Its a good time to be Blue", I still believe it is but surly everyone was dissapointed with the result. I just felt Zed was a little strong in the way he jumped down everyones throats.

good result today for us - two points dropped by pompey and their negative tactics

now all we need to do is beat portsmouth and we will be in europe (either via the intertoto or in the uefa cup outright)

i wouldnt be too worried about yestersdays, result as a flukey 25yard shot by zamora was the only difference between the teams.

dont forget west ham have also beaten arsenal and man utd at upton park this season by the odd goal

good result today for us - two points dropped by pompey and their negative tactics

now all we need to do is beat portsmouth and we will be in europe (either via the intertoto or in the uefa cup outright)

i wouldnt be too worried about yestersdays, result as a flukey 25yard shot by zamora was the only difference between the teams.

dont forget west ham have also beaten arsenal and man utd at upton park this season by the odd goal

im not worried about how they scored it was a great goal i am worried that we should have won with all the chances we had.

zed....

I maybee one one the f**kers who needs to get a reality check but i refuse to come on here after the diapointment of that result and kiss all the players ass's just to keep people happy. If you want people's true veiw you got them, if you dont want them dont read. I cba with a world of comments with people sayin ow i thought beatie worked hard and erm if zamora's goal hadnt of crashed in we would have won 7-0. huh??? the reality realy is that there was alot of hurt evertonians yesterday who let of abit of steam in there posts.

:) sack it off now.

get the man U game thread going coybb!

Christ thats strong zed, and its a forum you are allowed to have an opinion on what you think.

well you know what the best solution is dont put up the matches untill it has finished and if everton lose dont put it up coz it is normal for fans to be disapointed when you ur team has so many chances and doesnt take one of them. when a team gets relagated do u expect them to be happy and say o well at least we aint in the conference

Edited by Foxon

I was absoultely gutted bout the result yesteday like anyone. Other results didnt help really by knowing a win would have made us 7 points clear of 8th. even though, as always I'm loving being a blue at the moment. 4 points will be enough I think for at least 7th draw united and win pompey.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

if we beat portsmouth we will be there - simple as that

looking at their performance today, redknapp is hoping his team do the business at home v the red shite and arsenal - they set out for a point today and go it. i expect they will play the same away against us (depending if they get a good result on saturday)

lets hope liverpool finally do something right and get a win at fratton park on saturday

also i cant see bolton picking up many points either, especially on saturday at stamford bridge

confidence is still going to be high in the camp and lets all back them to the end of season

I am leaning towards Z on this one, only with more restrained terms. It is a very free and open forum, which means the bad and the good can go hand in hand.

Z is as entitled to his as all are entitled to theirs.

Europe here we come.

ATB

Mac

Some of the over reactions on here sounded as though we had been relegated, they were THAT extreme, therefore I gave you an opposite extreme. Did I get your attention

Im disappointed, but thats all. If we win I suddenly dont think were going to win the league and if we loose its not the end of my world

If you dont like my opinion then tough cack. Ive said it before, you have your opinion but i'll have mine.

Despite all the usual BT is shite, I didnt see an AJ goal again, not good enough for a 8.5 million pound sterling striker in my book who has only scored about 12 goals this season, that is 17 million USD at the currently high exchange rate which will further fuel the need for another base rate rise as it will encourage further spending and weaken the pound, although good for holidaymakers and importers of american products

Freedom of speech for everyone (except RS)

i am disapointed we played well we could have won it if we converted our chances.

but they are desperate and had 12 men behind the ball so off course it was hard to score but BT had 2 chances and if it was AJ they would have been goals but that is how it was and there is no point moanin about it we gotta look forward to the Manure game

Edited by Foxon

Funny that Zed should raise the topic of AJ, as I was just thinking about AJ when watching Match of the Day last night. AJ has been a success for us so far, no question. His workrate and pace are a problem to teams and his goals return good when you consider that we are still a team based mainly around keeping things tight and grabbing a goal to win games.

However, maybe some of the reaction to him (by the press as much as anything) has been OTT. Look at how many goals players like Berbatov, Keane, Yakubu and Kevin Doyle have scored this season, mainly with less hype.

Please be clear, I see AJ as a central part of our team for the coming 3 or 4 years hopfully and if we get the same return each season then we would have got our money's worth. But maybe in the cold light of day it is a combination of the sheer lack of goalscoring strikers that we have had for years and the début goal and the hat-trick against the RS (fantastic!) that has led to an over-reaction?

Just a thought.

In the meantime, beat Portsmouth and we should be into the UEFA Cup (they won't all get to 58 points to pip us) and the chance to go to the next level that we all feel we're close to..

Come on Blues.

Funny that Zed should raise the topic of AJ, as I was just thinking about AJ when watching Match of the Day last night. AJ has been a success for us so far, no question. His workrate and pace are a problem to teams and his goals return good when you consider that we are still a team based mainly around keeping things tight and grabbing a goal to win games.

However, maybe some of the reaction to him (by the press as much as anything) has been OTT. Look at how many goals players like Berbatov, Keane, Yakubu and Kevin Doyle have scored this season, mainly with less hype.

Please be clear, I see AJ as a central part of our team for the coming 3 or 4 years hopfully and if we get the same return each season then we would have got our money's worth. But maybe in the cold light of day it is a combination of the sheer lack of goalscoring strikers that we have had for years and the début goal and the hat-trick against the RS (fantastic!) that has led to an over-reaction?

Just a thought.

In the meantime, beat Portsmouth and we should be into the UEFA Cup (they won't all get to 58 points to pip us) and the chance to go to the next level that we all feel we're close to..

Come on Blues.

he didnt get a hat-trick against RS he got 2 cahill got the other.

I didnt see an AJ goal again, not good enough for a 8.5 million pound sterling striker in my book who has only scored about 12 goals this season, that is 17 million USD at the currently high exchange rate which will further fuel the need for another base rate rise as it will encourage further spending and weaken the pound, although good for holidaymakers and importers of american products

I have to be honest and say i agree with Zed on AJ, i know he got injured yesterday, but so far i cannot see an £8.5m striker in the team and have been quite dissapointed with him especially his goal return, i don't think he's a bad player i just don't think that he is the kind of striker we need.

Edited by The Prisoner

Some people are never satisfied.

I think AJ is the highest goalscorer we have had for 15 years, and his goal tally before he came here always consisted of 8 to 10 penalties, now if he had taken and scored the 2 pens that Beattie took, and the 4 pens Arteta took, he would now be on the 20 goals mark.

OF course he also had to withstand a continuos barrage of bad publicity all season, and it obviously ate away at his confidence.

FFS Drogba was crucified at Chelsea the first season there, now he's got 30 goals and is running Ronalldo close to being player of the season.

Think people should get behind players of AJs calibre and thank fook he came here, if Beattie had been our main striker this season we would be down at the other end of the table.

Bill.

well said licker. AJ has been a major hit since he joined, his game is not just about goals, its about the team aswell, his running opens door for others. For £8.5m...lets compare, BT £6m, Kuyt £10m, Bellend £6m, Shevy £30m, I think we got v good value for money.

I went to the game on Saturday and on the tube on the way back 2 west ham fans were chatting and one said 'im suprised, everton didnt offer much, thank fuck Johnson went off injured when he did, hes dangerous him, hate to think what would have happened if he had stayed on'

I didnt see an AJ goal again, not good enough for a 8.5 million pound sterling striker in my book who has only scored about 12 goals this season, that is 17 million USD at the currently high exchange rate which will further fuel the need for another base rate rise as it will encourage further spending and weaken the pound, although good for holidaymakers and importers of american products

I have to be honest and say i agree with Zed on AJ, i know he got injured yesterday, but so far i cannot see an £8.5m striker in the team and have been quite dissapointed with him especially his goal return, i don't think he's a bad player i just don't think that he is the kind of striker we need.

Couldn´t disagree with you more!He´s a constant threat to defenses and an interigal part of our play.His running constantley stretches the opposing team,Without him on Sat our counter attacks were non exsistant.

offical site has a artical on arteta saying he is sick of all this "hes going in the summer" and has said he isnt going anywhere and would like to extend his contract.

EDIT: sorry thought i was in the arteta thread in the rumours section

Edited by Everton Lad