IGNORED

Why Cant An American Tycoon Buy Everton

saaby

prehaps robert earl can put a good word in to bill gates. 200 million to him is spare change. thatl be enough to buy the club wipe the debt get a new stadium and have money left over to buy players.
Speaking of Bill Gates, Paul Allen who happens to be the 19th richest man in the world is being linked at a takeover of Southampton. Why not Everton???

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Au0E...t&type=lgns

Because Kenwright doesn't want to sell, it's as simple as that.

kenwright should sell the club and go buy a shit club like leeds he dosent have the money for everton and everton if they have money will be a premier league winning side

And the one thing that all of the clubs you just mentioned have in common is that they all have either new or rebuilt stadiums and the increased revenue potential that comes with that. Bolton's current stadium opened in 1997, Southampton's in 2001, City's in 2002, Newcastle's was given a makeover and a huge capacity bump in that same time frame. Plus Arsenal and Coventry, which have also both been the subject of American takeover rumors, just got their new digs, and RS (just bought by some Yanks, of course) will be getting theirs soon. And it isn't just Americans buying up teams who have or will be getting new stadiums; look at Sunderland, Leicester City, and Derby, all of which have also gotten new stadiums and subsequently been snapped up by new owners within the last few years.

Moral of the story: if you build it, they will come...

And the one thing that all of the clubs you just mentioned have in common is that they all have either new or rebuilt stadiums and the increased revenue potential that comes with that. Bolton's current stadium opened in 1997, Southampton's in 2001, City's in 2002, Newcastle's was given a makeover and a huge capacity bump in that same time frame. Plus Arsenal and Coventry, which have also both been the subject of American takeover rumors, just got their new digs, and RS (just bought by some Yanks, of course) will be getting theirs soon. And it isn't just Americans buying up teams who have or will be getting new stadiums; look at Sunderland, Leicester City, and Derby, all of which have also gotten new stadiums and subsequently been snapped up by new owners within the last few years.

Moral of the story: if you build it, they will come...

Hopefully they will coz kenwright should go NOW , imagine everton with money omg thats will be like the old days winning premierships and fa cups

Bit worried you know!........Why?

Is it just me......or do others also think that a lot of people seem to think

that a new stadium means success,and that a bigger stadium means the

same?

Wouldn't we have lost yesterday to Man Utd in a new stadium a few miles

down the road?......There were about 39,000 people at the game I guess

37,000 or so Blues and a couple of thousand red!......down the road would

there have been 45,000 Blues??.......maybe an extra couple of thousand red!

We didn't lose because of the amount of fans!they were great as usual....we

didn't lose because we were at Goodison and not a superdome!

NO we lost because our regular goalkeeper was absent(not directly laying blame

at the door of the new lad!).....we lost because we scored an own goal(they happen

but there was chaos in the goal mouth!......)...we lost because a few players had

poor days,most have mentioned Hibbert,I can't comment as I wasn't there.

AND we weren't helped by injuries to key players....ie AJ and Cahill!

So I don't think the location and condition of the stadium played a part in the

defeat!......and that was my point!

I want success,but the fans who believe that a new stadium will bring it quickly

should just be carefull.......YES we probably need to move and i'm sure it will

happen in the next few years....who knows when it does we could be as successfull

as Man City,Newcastle,Middlesborough......oh and Southampton and Sunderland.

OK Bolton have done pretty well just lately......They say the stadium's never full

and with Big Sam leaving and taking his big brown enverlopes.....time will tell.

Next season Everton Will (baring major injuries) finish above all but perhaps

the SO CALLED big 4........playing at Goodison!

You don't lose matches because you don't have nice seats in the big new stands,

you don't lose matches because people have had to push through crowded cobble

sreets and packed turnstyles or because or because Rambo couldn't make the game!

You lose matches because.....you drop the ball....score in your own goal...play badly

......have players injured etc,etc,etc.......

P.S......I'm not saying we don't need to move!

Because Kenwright doesn't want to sell, it's as simple as that.

This is why I think it is more of a status thing with Kenwright, he knows as well as the fans that he does not have the back up or resources to run a top flight club. The club must have had enquiries about it's future from interested parties, and if not, then you have to ask why? could it be that the debt is £50m+ and not the rumoured £30m or could it be something more heavy than that. but it does seem odd that we seem to be the club no one wants to invest in.

Bit worried you know!........Why?

Is it just me......or do others also think that a lot of people seem to think

that a new stadium means success,and that a bigger stadium means the

same?

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that new stadium=success. On the contrary, there's nobody who knows the fallacy of that assumption better than I do. I've watched the new stadium/arena boom unfold here in the US over the last 15 years, and there were some teams over here who made the mistake of thinking that way, that a new stadium would be a panacea for all their poor decisions. What they found out is that badly run club in a new stadium is still a badly run club.

What I *am* suggesting is that new stadium=a team that's more attractive to investors. It's a bit more complex than that, as who owns the stadium (the city or the team) and the financial terms of the team's stadium deal are also going to be looked at by any potential investor. But is it really a coincidence that nearly all of the recent takeovers and takeover rumors surround teams like Southampton, Arsenal, and Coventry, who all either have or are building new stadiums, or have firm plans in place to build one in the near future? I don't think it is. Even West Ham - when the Iranian and the Icelander first started jockeying to buy that club last year there was talk that they might move into the 2012 stadium after the Olympics. That's dead now, but Magnusson said just this week that he still intends to get a new stadium built for them (and has the London mayor's backing on it). Conversely, look at how long it took Ellis to finally find a buyer for Aston Villa - a team with an old stadium and no plans for replacement on the horizon. That team was on the market for over a year before anyone showed any interest, and while they were sitting there doing nothing, other teams like West Ham and Leicester City were getting two and three competing offers.

Linking in with BK and his refusal to sell, has anyone seen the chubby faced twat on that Joseph programe on the BEEB?, the man is on a power trip that defies logic.

I have seen chairmen come and go over the years and this is the only one who seems more intent on self-publicity than the good of our club. Peter Johnson came close, but I will always be grateful to the man.

The Rooney fiasco goes some way to highlight what BK is all about, potentially the greatest talent this country has ever produced (bar Paul Scholes), and we literally gave him away. BK is a limpet of gigantic proportions and untill our board realise he is not pulling his considerable weight, we are stuck with the man.

One name springs to mind Paul McCartney, if he will throw money at that gold digging toffee apple, surely he can spare £250m to bolster a club he allegedly supports?.

ATB

Mac