IGNORED

Johnson

I know this has probebly cropped up before about Johnson moning back down to London.

http://football-forever.com/forum/showthre...0016#post370016

But reallistically, what would you do if we were offered 18 million for Johnson? Would you snap there hand off or would you say we keep our best players, not sell them.

Personally, for all the good johnson has done, I would have to say goodbye to johnson. His pace adds an extra dimension to our play, and he works hard, but I'm sure we could find an adiquate replacement for under 18 m.

to be honest i dont think johnson has scored enough this season, ok being fair he has had a few injuires but 11 goals isnt enough for a £8million striker. he scored 20 odd with palace ffs! we have better players to provide him yet he doesnt score as many as he should. but credit were credit is due he still is a top playe and i would love him to stay.

to be honest i dont think johnson has scored enough this season, ok being fair he has had a few injuires but 11 goals isnt enough for a £8million striker. he scored 20 odd with palace ffs! we have better players to provide him yet he doesnt score as many as he should. but credit were credit is due he still is a top playe and i would love him to stay.

Try and remember that he took the penalties for Palace as well. Take his goals from our team and we'd be nowhere near Europe, be fucking grateful.

say we didnt buy johnson we just kept wot we got now.

we probs wouldnt of beat RS, defo wouldnt beat arsenal and more etc.

our goal difference would be +2 our highest goal scorer would be arteta, we wouldnt be in the position we are.

for £8 million we have beat the RS (by 3 goals), Arsenal, reading etc. our goal difference is the best outside of the top 4 will hopefully qualify for europe. He dosent take pens. What more do you want?????

we could have got worst than johnson

Edited by Foxon

that's not answering the question

and to take an opposing view, if he hadnt scored them goals, other may still have...other striker may have scored ones johnson missed too . i don't think he's scored as many as he should, his touch is piss poor. so for 18 mil, ofcourse id snap their hand off....can get manny and keane for that or bent

If we had a great season next year...whilst at the same time Vaughan and

Anichebe continued their improvement and were looking really good.....then

and only then could you consider selling your best forward!!

It's not just his goals but his work rate.Look at what he did to win the ball for

Vaughans goal against Fulham!!......What other player would have won that?

He's not worth £18million......and I hope he's staying here.Next season he could

well get 20+ goals.....and he's a good teacher for Vaughan who's style is similar.

Don't sell AJ.....HE'S HELPED US HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!

Would you sell Lescott for big money???.....and maybe buy a Kroldrup!!

Ok then. If we're taking the story at it's word and we replaced him with Bent and Nugent then no I wouldnt sell him. Bent is an over rated piece of shit IMO and Nugent is untested at Premiership level. It would be a disastrous decision to sell him to buy those two IMO.

and to take an opposing view, if he hadnt scored them goals, other may still have...other striker may have scored ones johnson missed too . i don't think he's scored as many as he should, his touch is piss poor. so for 18 mil, ofcourse id snap their hand off....can get manny and keane for that or bent

who BT he had 2 sitters against hammers (that would double his tally for this season) i think johnson would have scored them i would have bet on it, BT has had loads of chances this season, Mcfadden was injured and got 3 Vaughan and Anchiebe have started alot of games and got 7 between them (they are a bit inexperienced to be our number one strikers)

If we got into europe i would say no to 18m we need all the good players we can get imo johnson is better than bent and nugent so i dont know why people are saying get rid of him and buy 2 strikers that arnt as good. i like bent i think he would be great with johnson.

Edited by Foxon

Guest blueboy122

all making some good points but johnson is a fantastic player better than berbatov defoe keane bent etc. he gives it all yes the main aim for a striker is goals but look how hard he works for the team he truely loves everton the city the fans the passion everythin. Plus this is only his first season with us when he was at palace he was there a good couple of seasons. He will prove his worth next season when he is fully settled in got a good partnership with who ever moyes brings in rest assure he will be bangin in 20+ goals next season

all making some good points but johnson is a fantastic player better than berbatov defoe keane bent etc. he gives it all yes the main aim for a striker is goals but look how hard he works for the team he truely loves everton the city the fans the passion everythin. Plus this is only his first season with us when he was at palace he was there a good couple of seasons. He will prove his worth next season when he is fully settled in got a good partnership with who ever moyes brings in rest assure he will be bangin in 20+ goals next season

He's not better than Berbatov. He's definitely better than Defoe and Keane is probably of a similar standard to AJ.

Guest blueboy122

i agree with foxon about darren bent would be fantastic with aj up front big strong lad who has got pace and can hold the ball up better tahn anyone in the premiership. Aj is a better player but those 2 2geva is lethal

Everton Lad said....................but 11 goals isnt enough for a £8million striker. he scored 20 odd with palace ffs!

Its 13 actually, and if he had taken the penalties That Arteta has taken (4) and the others that the £6m striker Beattie has taken (2) he would be close to the Twenty goals you were expecting off him. Some peeps are never satisfied.

Think the report is a load of rubbish -

It even says in the attached report that .."Johnston doesn't fit in with Arsenals style of play, but Arsenal need a goal scorer..".

AJ is not a preditor type goal scorer/finisher that Arsenal seem to need or want - so why would they be looking at paying £18M for who does meet the criteria they are after AND doesn't fit in with their style of play.

One of AJ's biggest, if not his biggest asset is his style of play rather than a being in the right place, clinical finishing ability.

So to me this artical is basically a classic made up transfer rumour.

To those of you who don't think we have had value for money in paying £8.6M for AJ with a return of 13 goals. Now many lost causes has AJ chased down that have resulted in a goal, or a free kick, a throw in or corner that have resulted in a goal, how many times has he streached and pressureised opossition defences that have lead to us scoring. How many times have we won penelites from his penetration in to the box. How many penelities SHOULD we have had from his penetration in to the box. AJ really keeps opossition defences on there toes for 90 minutes.

AJ officially has 13 goals against his name this year, but how many others in our goals for column can also be directly attributed to his name -

Everton Lad - I think you can see a pattern developing in these replies. AJ has been more than £8.6M value to Everton this year.

As to the other question - would I take £18M for him. Not this season, contary to other opinions we haven't enough cover in the striking department yet, to be able to let AJ go. A sale of AJ would be a massive move backwards, at a time when we can afford to keep our best players for at least a year or so until replacments are moulded in to the team.

AJ didn't play the last two games (bar 10 mins against West Ham) - Everton no points from two games - I would have thought we may have been at least 2-3 better of with him in the team, perhaps more.

Over all opinion - a bolloc8cks made up artical written by a lazy journalist who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. I think based on the fact that Wenger said AJ was a good player. Asenal just don't pay £18M for british players end off.

So long as we make a profit I would sell him.

Was very excited at the start of the season but just look back at pre-season...Anchiebe was scoring for fun and Johnson couldn't score. Anchiebe hasn't had the chance he deserves and Vaughan is looking awesome...so sell Johnson for £10+ and Beattie for 50p and get in Nugent and a high profile goal scorer, someone like Defoe and then we have 4 very good stikers IMO. Johnson wouldn't be missed...

To those of you who don't think we have had value for money in paying £8.6M for AJ with a return of 13 goals. Now many lost causes has AJ chased down that have resulted in a goal, or a free kick, a throw in or corner that have resulted in a goal, how many times has he streached and pressureised opossition defences that have lead to us scoring. How many times have we won penelites from his penetration in to the box. How many penelities SHOULD we have had from his penetration in to the box. AJ really keeps opossition defences on there toes for 90 minutes.

Don't know off the top of my head but please feel free to provide the stats...at the end of the day, a striker is about goals. Look at Drogba 30+ goals and I don't think he is the best in the world but he gets goals which gets the headlines and wins the games.

Johnson is 100 times better than BT but still think there are better goal scorers out there, a goal scorer is what we need.

Yeah lets bring Duncan Back, he can play for ten minutes every tenth game and maybe get us 3 goals. :blink::blink: FFS.

I really dont think half the peeps on here are Evertonians, some of the remarks that have come out this season have been laughable.

Some of the moans i've seen this season.

Naysmith.....fookin useless.

Hibbert .... doesnt get forward enough and cant cross a ball.

Hibbert and Stubbs .... all they do is hoof the big ball up to the corner flags. (Wish Hibbert had done that against Utd hey).

Carsley...Too slow, and too old. ( has played every game this season.)

Mc Fadden .... he's shit send him back to scotland. (But we all drooled over his last goal)

Neville ..... gives the ball away to easy and cant pass. ( but has played all over the park for us and is the Captain.)

Osman ..... Cant tackle, too lightweight, not good enough, get rid.

Beattie .... Fat lazy bastard, is a useless piece of shit, must go.

Annichebe .... has got a lot to learn, gets booked too easy, not the right partner for Johnson.

Johnson .... Cant score goals, again i didnt see a goal from johnson.

Arteta's had some stick when he's had bad days, in fact i dont think there is anybody that hasnt had stick this season.

Van Der meyde .... I'm guilty more than most for slagging this fella off, cos he should never have been signed in the first place.

I agree with some of the criticism, But i think a lot of the comments are a bit over the top on some of our players, dont forget that we have a very small squad and some players have been out for long periods, Hibbert, Naysmith, McFaddy, Valente, Pistone, Cahill. and a couple of others have all missed a lot of games, and those that are left have to move around to fill in and play in any position that needs filling.

With all those no good, fookin useless players, who cant pass, cant tackle, and cant score, we should have been in the relegation battle at the bottom.

So bare in mind that this rag tag and bobtail squad have got us on the verge of a euro place, and show a bit of Gratitude.

Some peeps are never satisfied.

Bill.

PS.... for Everton_worshiper... Drogba was shit last year and was getting Crucified by everybody, but he's had someone helping him out this season who cost a bit more than Beattie. Maybe AJ will get some help next year and not have to do it alone.

Everton Lad said....................but 11 goals isnt enough for a £8million striker. he scored 20 odd with palace ffs!

Its 13 actually, and if he had taken the penalties That Arteta has taken (4) and the others that the £6m striker Beattie has taken (2) he would be close to the Twenty goals you were expecting off him. Some peeps are never satisfied.

That and the fact he has missed a fair amount of matches because of injuries this year.

Try and remember that he took the penalties for Palace as well. Take his goals from our team and we'd be nowhere near Europe, be fucking grateful.

Agree, as soon as our fans hear alot of money they jump and say lets sell. even though its bullshit we shouldnt be thinking about this come on lads :angry:

Naysmith.....fookin useless.

Hibbert .... doesnt get forward enough and cant cross a ball.

Hibbert and Stubbs .... all they do is hoof the big ball up to the corner flags. (Wish Hibbert had done that against Utd hey).

Carsley...Too slow, and too old. ( has played every game this season.)

Mc Fadden .... he's shit send him back to scotland. (But we all drooled over his last goal)

Neville ..... gives the ball away to easy and cant pass. ( but has played all over the park for us and is the Captain.)

Osman ..... Cant tackle, too lightweight, not good enough, get rid.

Beattie .... Fat lazy bastard, is a useless piece of shit, must go.

Annichebe .... has got a lot to learn, gets booked too easy, not the right partner for Johnson.

Johnson .... Cant score goals, again i didnt see a goal from johnson.

Arteta's had some stick when he's had bad days, in fact i dont think there is anybody that hasnt had stick this season.

Van Der meyde .... I'm guilty more than most for slagging this fella off, cos he should never have been signed in the first place.

I am guilty for the Neville + Naysmith ones but I would not agree with any others thats half our squad we shouldnt be moaning when were nearlly in europe.

Fernandes will cost us about 10 - 11

Charlton were meant to have turned down a big offer around 18 million, maybe press talk but would cost at least 8, and so would keane so thats bullshit

Edited by Blue4Ever

I think personnally Nugent is all but a done deal - I expect him in a blue shirt next season for a fee of around £5M.

I am all for buying a decent player who is just aching to put a Everton shirt on - You can't say that about many players.

I think personnally Nugent is all but a done deal - I expect him in a blue shirt next season for a fee of around £5M.

I am all for buying a decent player who is just aching to put a Everton shirt on - You can't say that about many players.

Agree, Nugent wants to play (like Johnson said he did) for Everton so that is incentive enough to get the player in. Nugent being a blue (his dad lives near me :) ) is also good.....I think his price is going to be £7m though because so many clubs are interested in him...

Johnson - "I just soaked it all up as I walked around the pitch and I remember looking at all the Evertonians and thinking to myself ‘What a club this is!' - it was a wonderful experience."

He's going nowhere and its obvious we need a Striker to play with him for a year or two then Victor + Vaughany will be ready.

Id love to get any of these:

Nugent

Bent

Defoe

Nikola Zigic

Diego Milito

Johnson - "I just soaked it all up as I walked around the pitch and I remember looking at all the Evertonians and thinking to myself ‘What a club this is!' - it was a wonderful experience."

He's going nowhere and its obvious we need a Striker to play with him for a year or two then Victor + Vaughany will be ready.

Id love to get any of these:

Nugent

Bent

Defoe

Nikola Zigic

Diego Milito

i would love defoe at spurs he is 3rd choice but i think he should be second he is a great talent. if we got defore and nugent nugent could get all his goals from stealing defores :P

Edited by Foxon