IGNORED

Joey Barton

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I really want him here. I've seen him quite a few times doing interviews and was on Soccer AM a while back. I thought he came across really well. Good sense of humour and desperate to do well with his football. He really wants to win and he is very down to earth.

We don't have a single player that can be nasty or really drive the team. When we were getting pissed on by Man U we could have really done with a bit of passion and a few hard tackle's in midfield. Carsley is good at mopping things up but he can't grab the game by the scruff of its neck and really influence it.

I don't think Barton is a horrid little shite like Anelka, Hadj Diouf or Bellamy, I really don't.

Don't forget the press always put a slant on things.

In the absence of our technical ability I suppose though one of our main strengths is team spirit. This could be a risk though with Barton.

Having said that, if Barton see's our effort he may not be so frustrated.

Is this all a cunning plan by joey to lower his price & sort his move to everton on the cheap?

Or

Is he a jumped up twat?

Either way he's a good player & id take him, just get stubbs to put him on his arse on day 1.

Besides having a a born blue playing for us is worth 2 of any other IMO.

Edited by Sickboy

I have bitten my tongue for long enough now.

Barton is not Everton material, we have just lost a midfield player who was a true Evertonian. A man who displayed all that is good about this club of ours. Our players reflect and represent our club, our current crop are a good example to young Evertonians, no bad'uns.

For the good of our dressing room it has to be a serious fuck off, T agree's with me and she knows bugger all about footie.

ATB

Mac

Every day of the fucking week Mark. You know footie is a team sport, JB is not a team player (unless you include Ice Hockey in there).

I want players at Everton who are commited, not players who should be commited. He has passion and ability, that is unquestionable. But he is a bit of a twit in the personality dept.

ATB

Mac

It's not his personality that kicks a football though is it? He may act like a spoilt 12 year old sometimes, but his footballing ability surpasses many of players older than him. That is what matters most to me.

You say he could disrupt our dressing room but he's moaning at City because their players dont share his passion to win, I dont think we have that lack of will to win in out dressing room so it wouldnt be a problem. If not Im sure Cahill would lay him clean out.

It's not his personality that kicks a football though is it? He may act like a spoilt 12 year old sometimes, but his footballing ability surpasses many of players older than him. That is what matters most to me.

You say he could disrupt our dressing room but he's moaning at City because their players dont share his passion to win, I dont think we have that lack of will to win in out dressing room so it wouldnt be a problem. If not Im sure Cahill would lay him clean out.

JB aint built like a corner flag is he?.

I really am trying to see your point Mark, but maybe because of my age I can't agree with a petulant little shit who doesn't realise the God given talent he has been given, and is hell bent on self destruction.

That can only be bad for the club, lets say we do buy him (God forbid), and he goes to court over these assault charges - we may well lose him to HMP a la Ferguson. Not the best start to employment in a new gaffe is it?.

ATB

Mac

JB aint built like a corner flag is he?.

I really am trying to see your point Mark, but maybe because of my age I can't agree with a petulant little shit who doesn't realise the God given talent he has been given, and is hell bent on self destruction.

That can only be bad for the club, lets say we do buy him (God forbid), and he goes to court over these assault charges - we may well lose him to HMP a la Ferguson. Not the best start to employment in a new gaffe is it?.

ATB

Mac

Maybe not, but Cahill isnt a shit midfielder called Dabo is he? He's a committed pain in the arse a la Barton.

I think he does realise the talent he has though and that's his problem. He can't undestant why his team mates arent as good as he is or put everything into every game like he does. I have self control problems myself, especially when Im playing football, so I cant criticise him for some of the things he does tbh. I can totally see where hes coming from in some respects, you do get pissed off when you see people not putting the effort in.

About him going to prison - I think Moyes will wait to see what transpires there before any move.

As always Mark, some good valid points made there..........but

It seems to me you are trying to draw a picture of a Roy Keane type character, Keane had issues (just read his Biog) but he had more ability in his left leg than Barton has in his whole body.

Way too much baggage at such a tender age, can you imagine how his ego will grow if he is this much of a twit at 24?. I want the best at Everton mate, but not at the cost of losing credibilty as a Prem league club.

There must be an alternative, I know you and several of our members have a serious chubby on for this man, I just can't find it in me to go along with this.

His price may well come down, but at some point he will bring more shame on himself and whoever is stupid enough to buy him.

ATB

Mac

Very few Mark, but have you forgotten about his escapades in Thailand with the young Evertonian?.

In this case I feel money is immaterial, we are not just buying a football player, we are buying a commodity, a service if you like. Would you employ Mike Tyson as a therapist?, no you fucking wouldn't.

ATB

Mac

Very few Mark, but have you forgotten about his escapades in Thailand with the young Evertonian?.

In this case I feel money is immaterial, we are not just buying a football player, we are buying a commodity, a service if you like. Would you employ Mike Tyson as a therapist?, no you fucking wouldn't.

ATB

Mac

Try none. You like Reo-Coke but you'd have to pay around double what Barton is available for.

No I havnt forgotten about that but did Manure fans say they didnt want Shrek because he went around shagging grannies and throwing tantrums on the training ground at Everton? No, because you have to take the rough with the smooth. Barton's ability is worth so much more to our team than his problems. You take away having a shit team and you give him nothing to speak out about. At Everton he would be with players who have the same, if not more, passion than he does.

Yes we are buying a service, a service to be the the best he can be on the football field. Fuck him being a role model, I dont buy into that shit. If a child is brought up in the right way by their parents then they wont be idiotic enough to copy his stupid antics. People know what is right and what is wrong.

This has been discussed ad nauseum in a thread elsewhere, R-C is a player I would love at Goodison.

R-C would raise his game when surrounded by players of a higher calibre, JB would drag other down .

ATB

Mac

This has been discussed ad nauseum in a thread elsewhere, R-C is a player I would love at Goodison.

R-C would raise his game when surrounded by players of a higher calibre, JB would drag other down .

ATB

Mac

So would Barton and Barton is a better player to start out with so just think what of how good he would be playing for us. Are you really willing to get a player in who runs scared when the going gets tough like Reo-Coker has done this season at WHU? Im not, I'd much rather have a player like Barton who try to take a game by the scruff of the neck and ruffle a few feathers to get the best out of our players when things are going shit.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ,Reo-Coker is not. Barton? Well that we would find out for sure by taking a risk.

Im deffo not normally one to do this but a former colleague/friend of mine txtd me at 5:30 today saying

Jus been told by a city director that bartons going to Everton

I replied to him and he said

Said it wasnt a done deal but very likely

Make of it what you will

Im deffo not normally one to do this but a former colleague/friend of mine txtd me at 5:30 today saying

Jus been told by a city director that bartons going to Everton

I replied to him and he said

Said it wasnt a done deal but very likely

Make of it what you will

I would be ecstatic if that was true

im now on the fence o this one. his football abilites are superb but his personality is utter shite. anyone else who did what he has done over the past few years would be jailed, but seeing as he is a footballer he gets away with it.

I'm with Mark on this one. The way I look at it is someone is going to get a good footballer for a great price. Might as well be us. Just have to let him know that he won't be able to get away with his shit behavior and attitude here and if he does he is gone. Maybe I am getting too use to athletes with off the field problems, granted there are a lot of them in America.

Please God no to him coming to us.

I really like Mark and respect what he has to say, but this twit has no place at Goodison Park, take a look at our history and general ethos towards footie, we are The School Of Science, we have produced some of the finest footballing traditions 2nd only to WH Utd.

I love my club and to think of this titwank representing us is abhorrent to me.

Bill, I see what you are saying but if Mark and I disagree it is down to us to sort it out, and I feel Barton is not for us in so many different ways.

ATB

Mac

Please God no to him coming to us.

I really like Mark and respect what he has to say, but this twit has no place at Goodison Park, take a look at our history and general ethos towards footie, we are The School Of Science, we have produced some of the finest footballing traditions 2nd only to WH Utd.

I love my club and to think of this titwank representing us is abhorrent to me.

Bill, I see what you are saying but if Mark and I disagree it is down to us to sort it out, and I feel Barton is not for us in so many different ways.

ATB

Mac

I quite resent the fact that you're saying Im a twit and I have no place at Goodison Park. I am not a titwank :P

im with mark, since the thailand incident this is the first thing that has happened, and like has been said, players havent been pulling their weight. our biggest thing at everton is team work and i honestly believe that with our players around him he shouldn't have anythin to moan about. his drive on the pitch could have saved our bacon a few times this season, maybe putting us a bit further up the table.

i, for one, have got everythin crossed that we get this lad. 5.5 is a bargain for what he can bring on the field.

It doesn't matter how good a player he is.

Is he going to raise the spirits of the team with his signing or the other way round. That is the question.

Bellamy, Pennant, bowyer and Woodgate all have a history. But its more to do with the people outside the club more than anything else. With Bellamy it was only one major scuffle with Souness but he wasnt the only one to blame. Barton IMO has had too many scuffles with people on the inside.

Rafa thought that he could handle Pennant and Bellamy (and made it clear in no uncertain terms that they had the responsibility to look after themselves as this could possibly be their last chance to which they agreed). Does Barton actually have some remorse for what he did to the youth team player with the ciggarette butthead and O Dabo? Im not quite sure.

If you had finished in the lower half of the table this season i would have agreed that this is a risk you might take but with you doing quite well in the league with good players in centre midfield, i wouldnt recommed him right now. But it all depends on how Moyes and Barton view the switch i guess.

But im not quite sure how this will work out.

Edited by xavier

There was no nastiness in the exchange with Mark, He has his view - and put over his points very well, citing ability as part of his arguement. I resorted to petty childish name calling.

I am a huge fan of decent debate, I sank to a level I am not proud of.

I am a twit, but so is Barton.

ATB

Mac