IGNORED

Kieran Richardson

http://www.thesoccerblog.org/premiership/e...utd-midfielder/

A few rumour going around today regarding a £3M bid for Kieran Richardson.

I would have to say for that type of money - I would be fully behind DM bringing him to the club - No shame for a player being kept out of the Premiership champions team by the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo and Giggs.

I think he is a decent player - a lot better than anything else we have as a natural left sided player.

And when reading a lot of posts on players we should bring in - a left sided midfeilder always comes up - but more often than not with no suggestions of who this left sided player should be. There is a shortage of decent ones about.

He did very well when he went to West Brom a couple of years ago and ended up with a couple of games for England - in which he didn't disgrace himself either.

I also think he is a player that would want to come to Everton -

£3M to £5M he is well worth a punt in my opinion, he is also only 23 so young as well.

Anyway, if anybody can think of a realistic alternative within our price range and who would come to Goodison will be interested to know who.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree at 3 mill to is a good deal, plus he can play in the centre and left back which is always useful and Moyes seems to prefer. if we get him and Smith we are in danger of looking like a Man Utd feeder club!

Guest blueboy122

this would be a superb signing pacey left mid and cas a cracking left foot for shots and crosses.

Yes please davey!!

Wow, looks like everybody is in agreement on this one!

I have got a feeling Man U will be willing to get rid this season - And Richardson probabley knows now given the sheer quality of the player utd have going forward he is always going to struggle to get in their starting line up. He has given it a couple of years since his loan to West Brom, but he is never going to ouse any of the midfeilders at Old Trafford.

Will Man U owe us anymore money this summer following their championship win, and possibley an FA cup?

When Rooney signed a new contract with them they basically paid us money owing with Tim Howard, someting similar with Richardson

I would be happy for Moyes to splash out up around £5M on Richardson to be honest - becasue getting somebody of reasonable quality and wholly comfortable on the left would be a massive move forward for us. OK he may not be worth £5M if more central midfeilder, but its that ability to play consitantly on the left we would really benefit from.

I think he would really improve as well with regular football - as following his form with West Brom, Man U were not to keen on selling him a couple of years ago, and England came a calling.

Come on Everton, its time to pull in the massive favour we did Man U when we dropped Howard for the recent game against them - For me that was the weekend that dicided the title.

Trouble is Licker last nights game was a bit of a none event. The team United put out was thrown together, hardly suprising the player or the team didn't shine.

That game had less importance than pre season a friendy. At least in those games your looking to get the team match fit.

No way judging Richardson or any player on that game.

""That game had less importance than pre season a friendy.""

Is that why there was a possible two penalties, a possible two sendings off, and seven yellow cards. :o

Think it was a bit more than a friendly, dont you. ??? :)

I wouldnt mind him here, fast great on the ball, can cross and shoot but 5 million is a bit high imo..

Moyes seems to get on well with Alex F so dont be suprised to see us get some1 from them, not saying these r any good but Smith, Richardson, Brown, Fletcher ( maybe, would be a great signing imo ) or even Silvestre. any of them could be at us next season.

Am I the only one who doesnt think we should sign Richardson then? Rob - £5million???????? Are you joking. If we had to buy him I'd pay no more than £2million for him.

You surprise me Mark, £2m would not even buy a second rate Fizzy pop league player, £5M would still be a steal IMO. The lad offers so much and with regular appearences, he will only gain confidence and get better and better.

C'mon Golem, buy the twit while we can.

ATB

Mac

I'm still of the opinion that I dont want him at the club. I dont think he'd suit the club, its all very well and good having him as a fast, pacey wing man that can wip in good balls, hang on I'm talking my self out of it here, maybe he would be orite but I'd rather have a loan move first. I dont know why but I only see him as a Man United reserve and thats all.

I'm still of the opinion that I dont want him at the club. I dont think he'd suit the club, its all very well and good having him as a fast, pacey wing man that can wip in good balls, hang on I'm talking my self out of it here, maybe he would be orite but I'd rather have a loan move first. I dont know why but I only see him as a Man United reserve and thats all.

Thats all he is but remember who he's compeating against to get in that team, Ronaldo & Giggs!!

I'v never thought of him as a potential target but for that price he's got to be worth a punt IMO.

Mac, agree totally, you have got it spot on - didn't we get £2m for Kevin Kilbane and £2M raising to for Marcus Bent.

I would have Richardson well ahead of these two player, and with the fact decent left sided players are like hens teeth, I think a £2M valuation is truly fantasy.

Also, becasue of the increased money in the Prem this season, it is only going to make players more expensive -Hence Joey Barton is going to be a steal at £5.5M and any change out of £5M for Richardson is also going to be very good business.

If I was Moyes I would buy players as quick as possible and delay sales - You just watch the market for players towards the end of thsi summer - As teams get more and more desperate to bring in quality player money will start to burn holes in their pockets - they are going to dip in to that extra Prem money. Just you watch the likes of some of the less fashionable clubs like Aston Villa, Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc start offering silly money towards the end of the summer to try and get decent players to the club.

Buy early - and sell late on when the market is in a buying frenzy. I tell you by the end of the summer £5M on Richardson will look extremely good value for money. This summers £5M players will be last years £3M players.

I have read the likes of Sheff Utd will have a £20M transfer kitty this summer - so there really is going to be some seriouse money out there.

So in the same token, lets not be to keen to sell our players to early on in the summer.

If a second rate nobody such as Richardson is worth £5million then Spuddy is worth £30million. Richardson is a natural left sided player and yet he's not that good at it, Spuddy is naturally a right sided player and yet he does the job of a left winger a hell of a lot better. If it was a choice between having that no mark and playing Spuddy out of position then theres no choice to be made for me. I'd rather keep the money and play Spuddy there.

Edited by Romey 1878

Agreed, but then we would have to buy a right winger cos although i like Osman, he is not a winger.

Have seen Richardson several times this season, but he has never done anything to make me want him here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

agree with mike the lad is a pure abiltty on the left. great pace+great cross+great shot+great athlete=great player+he is only young= a must sign for everton lol how bout that for a sum lol

He seems like a OK player to me...the only problem was in most occassions i had seen him cross the ball behinde the post for the ball boys rather than infront of it for players to knock it in!....Backup (Yes) , 1st 11? (No)

agree with mike the lad is a pure abiltty on the left. great pace+great cross+great shot+great athlete=great player+he is only young= a must sign for everton lol how bout that for a sum lol

I think your getting him mixed up with Ronaldo, Richardson is black you know ;)

I wouldnt mind seeing him here, every one keeps banging the drum about Barton. I will say this loudly

HOW MANY FUCKING GAMES HAS ANYONE SEEN THE SHOWER OF SHITE PLAY IN TO JUDGE THIS FANTASTIC FOOTBALLER

Anywat as for Richardson, I think hes pretty good, but I have this thing about Ex manure players not doing too well

Guest blueboy122

ethnic coloured is the term zed lol. ye i no he is ethnic colured. seen him for west brom and man u resvervesa nd he is really good no shame in not getting in the 1st team wen there are the likes of ronaldo and giggs infront of u. i tink he is quilty everton need