IGNORED

Kieran Richardson

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the price was right it would be worth a go. it would give us another option, plus its another young player who would hopefully improve as time went on. At the moment i don't think he is the answer week in week out, but as DM seems to be able to spot ability/potential really well, i think he could do very well for us.

Sadly any transfer will have to wait until Big Brother finishes, cos thats not his cousin in there............its him in drag!! :P

And i've never seen them together before (a bit like Anita Dobson and Brian May sharing the same hair) Coincidence?

lol, we definatly need a winger- and although I am not a massive fan of Richardson he would inject some pace into the left wing and we could get him for fairly cheap. We have a good history of dealing with Man U that should help us if we ever wanted to buy him!

I'm not averse to this move and agree with most of what everyone before me has said.

The ONLY thing I have a problem with is that Richardson has never excited me. It's like being linked with Alan Smith, almost as though we're a good destination for ManYoo's castoffs.

Having said that, if Richardson could be another Kanchelskis (on the park, not off it) then I'd say sign him. And yes having watched a LOT of games on the telly last season (more live ones in South Africa believe it or not, EFC on one of the sport channels MOST weekends!), the one glaring thing was our lack of width and poor quality of crosses.

When Lescott, Hibbert, Neville etc are relied upon to whip the ball in, we should be looking to buy a 5'3" striker who does the 100m in 9.99, and rather try go thru the middle!

• 4 years later...

Christ this is an old topic.

like to keep the forum tidy, just as easy to do a search and reopen a topic than to create a new one (plus with reopening you get all the history which can be quite interesting!)

Guest blueboy122

Very intersting however regarding the player I would certainly take him depending on price though. Very good left sided player

Very intersting however regarding the player I would certainly take him depending on price though. Very good left sided player

I hate this guy, he's a massive tosser and I'd hate to have him here. I hope we stay well clear and spend our money on something wiser like Joey Barton.

Guest Nikica

He is woeful in my view. Defensively awful and an overrated left peg. You need to sign better than guys than this.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

General opinion on here seems that he is shite. I really rate him though and wised we signed him before he went to Sunderland but not at the price they paid at the time though. I think that the ship has sailed with this player though if we were going to sign we would have done years ago.

We've got kids coming through at left back, so selling Baines whilst he's still got a high value and then replacing him with a stop gap seems the most sensible thing to do. Richardson is no world beater, but is defensively sound and has a decent cross when getting forward. Also have re-sale value once we have a better replacement.

spot on...

Another thing, since when has he been a LB? Thought he was tagged as an AML

2009/2010 I think. It's his best position imo. Similar to Baines style, solid defensively but not as effective/involved going forward. Maybe get more freedom to go forward at Everton. If we have 10 mil to pay the banks after buying a replacement LB, I think we should do it. Debt is crippling the club, think we should be giving it more weight when making transfer decisions so we arent forced to sell the likes of Arteta last minute on the cheap again.

he said sell him on the cheap...to me that means what price we got him for surely? any money we get in for players we know some is goin to the banks that goes without saying

so we arent forced to sell on the cheap...