IGNORED

From The Gaffer...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/moye...sfer-plans.html

David Moyes has warned that the Blues may not be as swift in their transfer movements this summer as they were 12 months ago.

The Goodison chief is keen to make a number of new additions to his ranks over the summer months as he prepares for the prospect of a return to Europe.

Having lost Kevin Kilbane, David Weir and Simon Davies since the start of the current season - and only adding loan players Manuel Fernandes and Anderson de Silva - the Everton boss is under no illusions as to the task facing him in terms of adding significantly to his small squad in order to cope with the increased workload a European adventure presents.

Last summer he moved swiftly to make three signings - bringing in Tim Howard, Joleon Lescott and Andy Johnson. A year on and he intends to bring in more faces but admits it may take a little longer to get the right people.

He told evertonfc.com: "I couldn't say that I think that is going to happen at this moment in time (in terms of buying early). We will need to add to the squad. We lost Kevin Kilbane in the transfer window then we lost Simon Davies and David Weir in January and only brought in Manuel Fernandes.

"We have had Anderson de Silva but it is too early for him so we have been short of numbers. We need to strengthen in a few areas and look at the whole team."

But the Everton boss is confident he will be able to find the players of the right calibre.

He added: "If you are in Europe I think it does make the club more attractive. I have had a few people saying to me already they would love to play for Everton. This is a club that is progressing with some very talented players.

"We are always working hard to try and bring players in and we will do the same because I would like to add to this good group of players we have at this current time. The club has always been very good financially and we will do as much as we can to get the right players in. There may be one or two we will need to buy from the bargain end of the market but we will be looking to make good signings to help the team."

wonder who those players where? nugent and barton?

i think i prefer Alves (from the other post in rumor section) to Nugent for Alves seems to be more clinical and experienced and Nugent does not have Europe experience.....having saying that, Alves would be far too expensive for us i assume,,,,,,

Nugent does not have Europe experience

Neither does Johnson, neither does Vaughan, neither does Anchiebe, neither does Cahill, neither does Lescott, neither does Yobo....etc etc....get off the "no Europe experience" band wagon, Nugent is an England international now and is much better for the money than most Strikers out there.....

Neither does Johnson, neither does Vaughan, neither does Anchiebe, neither does Cahill, neither does Lescott, neither does Yobo....etc etc....get off the "no Europe experience" band wagon, Nugent is an England international now and is much better for the money than most Strikers out there.....

i think you find they do. remember villerreal? bucerest? pretty sure they played that game.

i know they havent played alot of european football but neither did shrek, what did he do on his european début? scored a fucking hat-trick (the twit)

i think you find they do. remember villerreal? bucerest? pretty sure they played that game.

i know they havent played alot of european football but neither did shrek, what did he do on his european début? scored a fucking hat-trick (the twit)

So playing in 1 - 4 games in Europe counts as "experience". Hmmmm so Nugent played and scored against Man City in the cup so he is 100% ready for the premiership as he has played 1 game against a premiership team and scored!

Unfortunately Shrek is not a normal player, he is in a different league...shame he didn't break a leg instead of scoring on his début...