IGNORED

Joey Barton Deal Done

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i pray this story is not true.

Im with you on that. He may be a decent enough player, but i think we've had our fill of players with this type of personality. It wouldnt do to have players whalloping each other in practice(alledgedly), etc.

Top player but been a nob too often. Minus the baggage and i'd say gr8 news (if it happens) but as it stands i'd say don't touch him with a barge pole. 2 things i really don't understand:

1. People saying surely he'll behave once he's here - how can you say, just cos he's a blue nowadays means nowt, rooney was a blue. The least he would do is get people's backs up.

2. Can't believe for one minute that DM would risk bringing him in...it's juts not his style.

For me, the answer is Fernandes on a year loan then lets see who's around. Not sure we even need a centre mid - got cahill, arteta, neville, carsley, osman, (fernandes).

I honestly don't know if bringing in Barton is a good move or not.

Think he is a decent enough footballer but at the moment he is a big fish in a small pond which sometimes make players better than they are.

I honestly think that depending on who else we bring in and if it stops us bringing in another one of our top targets becuase of money then maybe it is not a good move.

His future is meant to be decided today.

Incidentally I was on the coach to Chelsea with the kid who had that bust up with him in Thailand an he had alot to say about the potential signing!

Yes....and? Come on Liam, you can't say, "he had alot to say about the potential signing" and then not tell us what it was yer teasing bastard :lol: !

Obviously, a highly biased opinion, seeing as he had a burning cigarette shoved in his face. <_<

We all know he's a twat and a handfull to control, but nobody can call him a bad footballer, I dont want, and we wont get anywhere if all our footballers are all limp wristed tarts or a bit girly, so as long as he can do it on the pitch, i dont give two fooks what he gets up to in his private life........ I hope we sign him.

Bill.

Obviously, a highly biased opinion, seeing as he had a burning cigarette shoved in his face. <_<

We all know he's a twat and a handfull to control, but nobody can call him a bad footballer, I dont want, and we wont get anywhere if all our footballers are all limp wristed tarts or a bit girly, so as long as he can do it on the pitch, i dont give two fooks what he gets up to in his private life........ I hope we sign him.

Bill.

That was the City youth team player at the Christmas do!!

:rolleyes: come on Licker keep up with Joeys lack of discipline will you FFS :P

Still going to be a highly biased opinion so i repeat my previous statement............"Nobody can call him a bad footballer".

Thats why we should be thinking of bringing him here and no other reason, we can leave the Clubs ambassadorial duties to the likes of Sharpy, Westy, and Mick Lyons.

I was kidding mate, I want him signed up and I honestly think he'll do the business and fill a void we as fans have been saying we need for a decade now.

A ball winning midfielder who can pass the ball around and roll up his sleves when the going gets tough. Based on those attributes he's proberbly the best British player available and I believe a snip at the asking price!!

Guest blueboy122

we shud just offer 5.5 million for all of the midfeilders barton fernandes and nolan see what happens because i would be hppy if any of them signed although fernandes is lazy!

There was supposed to be a board meeting on Tuesday to decide Bartons future, must have been postponed when they sacked the Manager, will probs wait now until they get a new manager, cos another manager will want to keep him and start with a clean sheet.

Unless Joey puts in a transfer request.

Guest blueboy122

Barton will no doubt be leaving man city. I reakon it is a done deal because he would have handed in a transfer request theres no way they wud want to keep him he slags the club off and attacks there players.

Did i hear sumone say 3 million!!

What an absoulute bargin that wud be!! that was like wa we got for kilbane!

Edited by blueboy122

Thought he was good a couple of seasons ago, but have not been over keen on him since he's played in the Prem, i think he's okay going forward and he's got a good shot, but i think the defensive side of his game is'nt that good so i'm not sure about him.

I think we should aim a bit higher but we might have to go abroad for it.

Anybody know anything about Paddy Boyle on the Injury front,?? he might save us a few shillings.

• 3 weeks later...

Put out the flags and dance!

blueflag.gifgif2.gifblueflag.gifgif2.gifblueflag.gifgif2.gifblueflag.gifgif2.gifblueflag.gif

Everton have pulled out of the race to sign Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton because they can't match his wage demands. (Daily Mail)

..although (if true) it's because we won't match his demands, not because we can't.

Edited by MikeO