IGNORED

Joey Barton Deal Done

Put out the flags and dance!

Everton have pulled out of the race to sign Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton because they can't match his wage demands. (Daily Mail)

..although (if true) it's because we won't match his demands, not because we can't.

if it's true it's great news, even if it's for the wrong reason.

the reason should be: 'we don't want him 'cause he's a t#@t.'

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

yer dissaponited totally. barton far superir player but we go for a phil neville type player rather than a player who has flare and ability on the ball lik passing shooting etc. mark my words he will be sensational next season to who ever he goes to.

I am happy that Moyes decided not to pay over the moon. If Barton was paid too much, then automatcially the rest of Everton dedicated star players such as Arteta, cahill's pay to needs to be adjusted. This will bring the bill up. Thank god for the smart decline. We can get better player for cheaper payroll from the continent and hopefully not a trouble maker like Barton!

I am happy that Moyes decided not to pay over the moon. If Barton was paid too much, then automatcially the rest of Everton dedicated star players such as Arteta, cahill's pay to needs to be adjusted. This will bring the bill up. Thank god for the smart decline.We can get better player for cheaper payroll from the continent and hopefully not a trouble maker like Barton!

better player will cost a hell of a lot more money in transfer fee.

still hope this is just paper talk that we have pulled out for him.

Edited by Everton Lad

better player will cost a hell of a lot more money in transfer fee.

still hope this is just paper talk that we have pulled out for him.

It must be true, it was in the Daily Mail for Gods sake, newspaper for the most English of xenophobic Englishmen (except maybe the Express :P ). They wouldn't lie to me surely :o !

Rush into the streets and wave your dancing sticks!

gif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gifgif3.gif

Good deal all around, assuming it's completed. Wouldn't have minded Barton here but now the time bomb of wondering if/when he'll blow up again is Newcastle's problem, not ours, and Newcastle and West Ham both have that much less money to wave at our players and targets. True both are far from tapped out yet, but every little bit helps. :P

i actually think DM would have attempted to sign Jag even if he barton would sign or not.

coz jag is a utility player he is like making 2 or 3 signings in the positions he plays which makes me think we aint going to see a great deal of signings over the summer.

Still not sure if not signing Barton was a good move but then again you can think that about every player that we are linked with that we don't sign.

Think Barton could do well at the Skunks but then again he could also get into more trouble.

If had to either Barton or Jag even though they different types of players I would choose Jag. Just hope we complete that deal quickly

Reading between the lines He's waiting to see what offers come in, it will all depend on how much wages the Clubs can offer, so that leaves us out.

I think Moysey made the choice between Bartons baggage and the problems he might bring with him, or the professional integrity and versatility of Jagielka.

I'll settle for any one of those two, but i will be a bit pissed off if we dont get either of them.

Reading between the lines He's waiting to see what offers come in, it will all depend on how much wages the Clubs can offer, so that leaves us out.

I think Moysey made the choice between Bartons baggage and the problems he might bring with him, or the professional integrity and versatility of Jagielka.

I'll settle for any one of those two, but i will be a bit pissed off if we dont get either of them.

I totally agree. A few weeks ago it seemed like we had a lot of options to explore with the likes of Barton, Nugent, Jagielka ect... The more time that goes by the less confident I am about this summer. I just want Moyes to bring in some quality players that will help improve the club, whoever they may be.

Guest blueboy122

i think we have made an offer for him because the deal is stalling newcastle have sed that he has agreed personal terms and passed a medical so y did he not sign the contract yesterday. i have a sneaky feeling everton have made a last ditch attempt to sign him

I am sure Everton would have made inquires, may guess is its the same old story - wages.

We have lost out on a number of occasions on players becasue the club stick to their guns when it comes to the wages on offer at Everton. Maybe Everton are right in what they are doing - didn't we finish 4th three years ago and 6th last season.

I imagine Barton has gone to Newcastle on around £40-50K a week. Wouldn't that make him the best paid player at our club.

Moyes maybe wants hungery players rather than gravy train players.

Just consider our best buys, or those that have given us real value for money

Cahill

Arteta

Johnston

Lescott

From a lower divison or a non big name from abroad - players looking to establish themselves!!

and some of our worst buys, offering the least value for money

Simon Davies

Beattie

VDM

Established players, on decent wages from day 1.!!

What Everton need to do is give those player who have come to Everton and proved their worth the big wages at the club, and I am sure they will.

That way wespend our money on performance and loyalty rather than paying upfront.

Any manager can build a team with bottomless pockets - But only great managers can build a team on a relative shoe string.

I am sure Everton would have made inquires, may guess is its the same old story - wages.

We have lost out on a number of occasions on players becasue the club stick to their guns when it comes to the wages on offer at Everton. Maybe Everton are right in what they are doing - didn't we finish 4th three years ago and 6th last season.

I imagine Barton has gone to Newcastle on around £40-50K a week. Wouldn't that make him the best paid player at our club.

Moyes maybe wants hungery players rather than gravy train players.

Just consider our best buys, or those that have given us real value for money

Cahill

Arteta

Johnston

Lescott

From a lower divison or a non big name from abroad - players looking to establish themselves!!

and some of our worst buys, offering the least value for money

Simon Davies

Beattie

VDM

Established players, on decent wages from day 1.!!

What Everton need to do is give those player who have come to Everton and proved their worth the big wages at the club, and I am sure they will.

That way wespend our money on performance and loyalty rather than paying upfront.

Any manager can build a team with bottomless pockets - But only great managers can build a team on a relative shoe string.

Agreed...but at the same time when we wanna compete in Europe we also need some players who had European experiences...someone who has flair ..someone who can create something out of nothing.....phew! how we wish,,,,,lol...anyway was a good post pal