IGNORED

Guess Sam Did Leave Coz Of Money

Big Sams " long ball style " IMO wont be brought into Newcastle because they have a lot of quality players that can pass a ball...What will suit Newcastle, is Sam's Defensive Organisation qualitys which I think could be a big thing for success next season. I still think we will finish higher tho...

Edited by Blue4Ever

Exactly my point.

However crap his tactics might be, he will get Newcastle up the league. He hasnt won anything yet with Bolton, so i dont know how he will perform in pressure games but as someone said a few posts back, he organizes defences well.

BTW, has he released Bramble already?

Owen should be pissed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Allerdyce played Bolton as a defensive pressure team for the same reason as moyes, its the only way get consistant results on a shoestring.

Newcastle have a much better squad than their position told suggested this year, they need some strong guidence and he's one of the best man managers about in the UK. Should have had the England job over the ginger doughnut but that's not saying much, I know. A lot of people seem to think he's an old school manager out of touch with his direct play.

But he's used a lot of his resources at Bolton to employ world renowned fitness scientists, continental technical coaches and nutritionists to get the last ounce out of a team of average players. I wouldn't be suprised if Bolton struggle big time next season and go the same way as charlton post Curbs, even if if Sammy Lee keeps things the same.

If he's given a 25M+ warchest with the TV money Allardyce will take Newcastle towards a UEFA cup place next year, overtaking his old team, Reading and Portsmouth. After Spurs, I think Newcastle are going to be our biggest rivals next season.

Edited by Bluetrip

Bluetrip ................. " After Spurs, I think Newcastle are going to be our biggest rivals next season."

I agree with everything you said, which makes it imperitive that we sign a few decent players this summer, its not going to be easy for our squad to maintain a good league position against Spurs and Newcs, especially with the added distraction and extra games of Euro Footy.

Bluetrip ................. " After Spurs, I think Newcastle are going to be our biggest rivals next season."

I agree with everything you said, which makes it imperitive that we sign a few decent players this summer, its not going to be easy for our squad to maintain a good league position against Spurs and Newcs, especially with the added distraction and extra games of Euro Footy.

I was partly relieved when we got knocked out of the domestic cups this year because I knew if we'd stayed in it our paper thin squad, it probably would have left us struggling for a top seven finish.

I dont think we can afford to be tentative in the transfer market this year and bide our time until the perfect players come along at the right price. DM, on past experience tends to play a safe game signing grafters, team players over individuals, players on loan, cast offs from his mate Ferguson. It's been a hugely if unspectacular successfull strategy which has guided us out a sixteen year paralysis, but our rivals will be spending big this close season. We can't keep waiting for Osman and McFadden to start full filling their so-called potential. They will be peripheral squad players as long as they remain at Goodison, its time to move on.

We need a striker (preferably two and fuck BT off to Blackburn), winger and left back in that order. I'd like to see another creative centre mid as well and a good utlity player to pad the squad out.