IGNORED

Practice Makes Perfect?

Louis

Is that a statement you agree with? If you can't do something just stick at it and it will become easier with experience and practice? For example would you agree to do something you've never done before to try and save money or would you ask someone else to do it because you fear may you not be able to do it and do not want to look like a novice?

I think that talent is talent, if that makes sense. Someone like Rooney urges natural talent, although practise can harness them skills.

I'm with Licker as well in the sense that if you practise, it totally makes things easier. Beckham used to practise his freekicks for hours, and I think he's benifited from it????

I am toying with the idea of doing a few courses in college; brickwork and plastering for example. Just need to aquire some 'dad skills' and help save me some cash in the long run.

Louis if I was you I would look at doing something like that I wish that I had when I was a bit younger.

I have had to rely on my dad so much to do stuff at my house. Wallpapering, tiling and things like that and I watch him and keep saying that I am going to learn at some point but then I think that he can do it quicker so just leave him to it.

Something like brickwork and plastering (and after paying a plaster around £2500 to plaster various rooms in my house) can save you so much money if you know how to do it and you never know you might enhoy it as well.

For something like plastering and brickwork and diy my father couldn't do anything til he was about 21-22 and then started doing stuff around the house like you do when you get married and now he is good at most things for diy

You just have to look at how many drivers are on the road, none of us could drive but after taking lessons and practising we all passed that test, same with most things in life, if you do certain things often enough, you'll get better at it.

Yeh I agree to a cerain extent. Practisce makes things alot easier, but it doesnt neccicerily mean you'll be the best at it. With Bricklaying and other hands on jobs, practise would definatly make perfect. My dads been a mechanic for 40 years now and he is beyond good at his job, but because he has no qualifications to back his experience up.

Its true what mac says and I can also understand Romneys point of View

Some people are just born with a talent, some dont make the most of it, some do, some are lucky, some are not. But without trying, practicing and most importantly Doing, you'll never learn anything

The only sin is to do nothing

Self belief is another factor. I feel most dont have enough when younger.

I wish I had the same belief in self I have now 20 yrs ago.

As well as practice, I now, with age feel you have to gen belive that " You Can, I Can " etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the saying should go...

"Practise makes you a little bit better than you were before, but there will always be some smartarse who is still better than you...so don't bother...get drunk instead, then at least your a hero in your own mind!"

Now that makes sense!

:)

Edited by fcssl