IGNORED

Lower Tier Playoffs

It's down to West Brom vs. Derby for the last spot in the Premiership next season.

Further down, Exeter and Morecambe will be playing for the right to move up from the Conference to the League.

L1 and L2 final rounds are still TBA.

Anyone got any rooting interests for or against in any of those matchups?

West Brom v Derby is of supreme indifference to me JD but I live about twelve miles outside of Exeter...have one daughter who lives 100yds from the ground and another whose boyfriend is an obsessive Exeter supporter so I guess I'd quite like them to come back up (although the convoluted Michael Jackson connection that led to him watching a game a few years back was hugely embarrassing for them....under new ownership now, criminal procedings pending against the former board I think I'm right in saying, "financial irregularities").

I really cant choose between Derby or West Brom for that one, If either came up theyd go straight back down. If i was being sinical it would be funny for Billy Davies to not go up into the Premiership, simply cos he just cant seem to cross the line. I'd imagine that West Brom would be capable of beating Derby so ill go with them.

Fancying Morcombe to come up for similar reason to mike, I live quite near to Morcomebe.

Swings and roundabouts is'nt it, one on the rise (Morecambe) one in decline (Southport).

Sorry Mike, i'm rooting for Morecambe, for no particular reason other than i like to see the minnows making good, and they are almost neighbours to Merseyside. :)

Exeter have had their chance and couldnt stay in, havent they. ???

Would like to see Blackpool do it in the other play-off, they where once a Massive Club. MATHEWS, MORTENSON and plenty more internationals in their line-ups, and a bit later on introduced the likes of Alan Ball and Emlyn Hughes to the football world.

Normally agree on the "minnow" thing Bill....much prefer seeing new teams get their chance, which is one of the reasons why the Championship play-offs are so boring this year, just the usual suspects again. So I certainly won't lose any sleep if Exeter fuck up....was brought up on non-league footie and I love to see teams doing well (apart from Telford...hate the little shites ever since they tried to kick us, literally, out of the FA Cup in 84/85 :angry: ).

Yeh I have family in Blackpool so Id love for them to do well. Emlyin Hughes. Born and bread in Barrow, unfortunatly the Barrow AFC board decided he wasnt good enough for the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it was the same with Gary Stevens and look where he turned up. Bloody non league clubs!! :lol:

There's play-offs in the Championship, Division 1 (third tier), division 2 (fourth) and Conference (fifth). Then as the pyramid widens there are often many more, particularly during the regular "restructurings."

If you have a week or so to spare you could research it...

>>>HERE<<<

Edited by MikeO

Incredible performance from Yeovil tonight to come from 2-0 down from the home leg and win 5-2 at Forest to go through. That's a turn around....team from non-league a few years ago beating ex-Euro Champions. It'd be nice to have another team local(ish) to me in the Championship.

Nothing else to do so i listened to it on radio Five live, and the commentators where ecstatic at seeing such a good game of Football and couldnt praise Yeovil enough for the Standard of football they played, they also said they should have won the first game but just could'nt put away the numorous chances they had.

A wonderfull advert for the lower league football and without doubt a thoroughly well deserved Victory, congrats to Yeovil, probs will be the biggest game in their history to play at the "New Wembley".

I saw the final score on that one - that was either a fantastic comeback by Yeovil or a monumental choke by Forest.

Anyway, looks like Yeovil gets Blackpool in the final, so they might need a little more of that mojo because Blackpool is probably the hottest team in any division right now. They've won nine straight games and 11 of their last 12.

Conference playoffs are in the books...and score one for Licker. Morecambe posts a 2-1 come-from-behind win over Exeter, with the winning goal scored in the 82nd minute.

Edit: Guess Mike and I were cross-posting. Anyway, second the congrats to the Shrimps, and good luck in L2.

Edited by JD in DC