IGNORED

Blew It..

Louis

As most of you know Im the scourge of the earth and a parasite on society and Alex Bluenose wants me to live on foodstamps ;). I had an interview today at the jobcentre because I've been unable to find work for ages. I'm trying to get a bit more exercise so I decided to walk to the jobcentre through a public footpath.. all is well as it is cemented right the way down until you get to Hoylake.. When I get to Hoylake I find that the lane is wet where it meets a main road, even on the concrete, along comes a tractor in the opposite direction... remember barry from eastenders at his wedding? Yup... happened to me. Lucky I had my berghaus on.

So I tredged into the jobcentre and the advisor arranged a job interview today at 11am for today at 3pm in the finance dept at the Royal. As soon as I was aware that I had an interview I went to Birkenhead to aquire some new clobber... left the jobcentre at 11:30 and headed straight to birkenhead, arrived at 12:15. Ok so I was in Burtons for half an hour trying to get decent clothes that fitted me. and bought some new pants, shirt and tie especially for this interview. No jackets fitted me because Im a big guy, not Romey size though!

Louis

When i bought the shirt home the neck was fine but it was too tight around the belly area (god I need to lose weight) and it was in almost Mister Men comical proportions.

So I opted for a baggy plain T-Shirt and just hoped they wouldn't pull me up on appearances. So I'm standing there with funeral shoes, black socks, new pants on and a white t-shirt from george with a blue folder (of course) containing a solitary sheet of A4 - my CV which incidentally has my postcode wrong and my mobile number missing (It was made for me by someone from a recent training course and my printer is out of ink so I can't make an accurate one). I walk around the corner knowing what a disaster the day has been so far and what do I see go past? The bloody 437 bus. I walk home knowing today has not been my day and I don't have £25 for a taxi from West Kirby to the Royal. That's over half my weekly income!

Once home, I rang the Royal and told them I was unlikely to make it on time and they said they would speak to my job centre advisor (embarassing). They said that because I had rung up to tell them I couldn't make it on time they would not reschedule the interview, they did say that if I had made the effort to get to the Royal and was late they would have interviewed me.

Gutted.

Still chin up.. While I've got my saveaway I'm going to hand my CV into the pub up the road who are looking for barmen.

Cant remember the exact post Alex (if it was indeed you), it's somewhere around here... you said you felt people claiming off the state should be given a voucher for just essentials and not cigarettes and alcohol. I see essentials as food and I dont need money for rent at the moment (thanks to my lovely parents). I do agree with the idea though :)

Fookin Nora Louis, thats a day and a half that. Sure you didnt watch an episode of some mothers do Everton em and dream the whole thing up

Maybe you should change your name to Frank

When you sat the royal, do you mean The hospital or royal and sun, whould have been better than a bar job