IGNORED

Lescott £10m Chelsea Target!

THE PEOPLE:

Chelsea are chasing Everton defender Joleon Lescott who is valued at £10million. Michah Richards is another target.

This is one rumour I hope is not true - Would hate for Chelsea to come looking for Lescott with there big bag of money.

Trouble is in wouldn't suprise me if Chelsea did come knocking as Lescott is a class defender and Chelsea are short in the central defence, and it cost them this season. I think they are going to be in the market this summer for a Lescott.

it will cost them alot of that dirty money they have... i wouldnt sell unless we got an offer we couldnt turn down

To be honest I think £10m is such an offer, to double your money in 12 months is an incredible offer and i couldnt see the board turning it down. And for Lescott to more than double his wages it must be an almighty tempting offer.

That is of course if the rumour is correct.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I cant express how pissed off/upset I'd be if they did come knocking, it would just be another case of us being a shop window club, bring out the good players and the big four snatch em up!!!

And he'd only be used in the Chelsea mery-go-round system. Players like SWP, major money transfer and its only of late he's gettin games. However, Joleon would fit straight in his line up so SHIT!!!!!

Guest blueboy122

agree with adams you dont become a good team by selling ur best players. The offer that chelsea shud make is 10 million plus terry! thats the only deal i wud consider letting him go for!

Absolutely you hold onto him. If you sell him now for that price, that's a 5 million profit. Okay, fine, 5 mil isn't anything to sneeze at (altho some of that might go back to his old team if they negotiated a "sell-on" clause). But we could potentially make two or three times that much by keeping him, if he helps us get into the UCL in the next few years. Teams that made the group stages of the last year's UCL (the one we had a shot to qualify for) were guaranteed to take home at least a 3.5 million payout even if they lost every game (they also got bonus money for wins and draws), plus whatever they made from TV share and gate receipts. And I'm sure those figures are higher for this year's UCL and likely to keep going up in the future. Is it a bit of a risk? Of course it is - there's always risk involved with any player. He could continue to be a stud and be worth much more than 10 mil in a couple of years, or he could step out on the training ground in July and blow out three knee ligaments and there goes our whole investment. But if you have pride and ambition (which we all know Moyes does) and aren't content to just settle for finishing 5th or 6th every year while the "cartel of four" monopolizes all the silverware, then you have to take a few calculated risks and not bite like a brainless fish every single time Chelsea and Manchester come around dangling their baited hooks.

OK!.....Lets sell Lescott for £10million,buy another talanted central defender

from the lower divisions and bank some money!Hang on at the same time we

could sell Arteta and Cahill and maybe even get double money on AJ!

surely Vaughan and Anichebe are worth a bob or two.......Hell were going to

be the richest club in the championship!

OK not going to happen!....but how long before Lescotts agent wants to start

talking contract extensions....on double his present salary?You can't blame them!

everyone else in the prem is doing just the same.

How do the teams outside the big four keep there best players?...You tell me!

wouldnt sell him for triple what is reported, first season in top flight was exceptional, just think what he will be like when he is a seasoned pro in the top division.

you'd be mad to turn down 30 million for a defender!!! :o

or any of our players for that matter.

c'mon we could bu a great replacement for 10 miillion and the have 20 million to do more damage wif!

but at the end of the day its 10 mill being offerd so no! :P

I would hate to see Lescott go. As many have said we have to keep on to our best players if we are to move on.

But I have said this time and time again, as it is my biggest gripe about the Premiership and what for me has spoilt modern day football - the Champions League also compounds this. being in the top 4 seems to be everything nowadays - and becasue of this the top 4 get stronger and the rest of us get left further being.

The top 4 club can afford to buy ALL the best players - years ago they could afford two or three, but generally good players would be spread around a little more - making things more competative.

Playing CL football seems to be the be all and end all for players - as there are know 4 places up for grabs in the competition - You KNOW if you join one of the current top 4 clubs you are all but guarenteed to play CL football most seasons.

its catch 22 - You buy players and you want them to be outstanding in a Blue shirt - trouble is if they are great then one of the top 4 is bound to try an buy them - Just imagine if AJ had scored 20+ goals his season, he would be another being chased - Just listen to the Berbatov rumours already. He will only stay a Spurs player if he is a decent chap who doesn't demand a move to Man U.

Back to Lescott -I hear doubling your money is banded around as a good deal - Well to me doubling our money isn't good enough - His worth is not how much profit we would make on him, but how much would he cost for us to replace like for like. He is a player who has been hugly consistent in the Premiership playing in a unfamiliar role.

I have seen a few teams of the season banded around - and in a couple, Lescott has been named as left back. To do that in your first season in the Prem is fantactic.

He still has plenty of time on his contract with us - so we don't have to sell - (just yet). So if Cheslea want him, then I think Everton should hang on until they start banding there silly money around - They shouldn't have any change out of £15M in my opinion. Lescott is a better player than Micha Richards for me! Chelsea are a team who WILL pay £5-£10M over the odds to bring a player they really want to the club at the earliset oppertunity.

I would hate to see Lescott go. As many have said we have to keep on to our best players if we are to move on.

But I have said this time and time again, as it is my biggest gripe about the Premiership and what for me has spoilt modern day football - the Champions League also compounds this. being in the top 4 seems to be everything nowadays - and becasue of this the top 4 get stronger and the rest of us get left further being.

The top 4 club can afford to buy ALL the best players - years ago they could afford two or three, but generally good players would be spread around a little more - making things more competative.

Playing CL football seems to be the be all and end all for players - as there are know 4 places up for grabs in the competition - You KNOW if you join one of the current top 4 clubs you are all but guarenteed to play CL football most seasons.

its catch 22 - You buy players and you want them to be outstanding in a Blue shirt - trouble is if they are great then one of the top 4 is bound to try an buy them - Just imagine if AJ had scored 20+ goals his season, he would be another being chased - Just listen to the Berbatov rumours already. He will only stay a Spurs player if he is a decent chap who doesn't demand a move to Man U.

Back to Lescott -I hear doubling your money is banded around as a good deal - Well to me doubling our money isn't good enough - His worth is not how much profit we would make on him, but how much would he cost for us to replace like for like. He is a player who has been hugly consistent in the Premiership playing in a unfamiliar role.

I have seen a few teams of the season banded around - and in a couple, Lescott has been named as left back. To do that in your first season in the Prem is fantactic.

He still has plenty of time on his contract with us - so we don't have to sell - (just yet). So if Cheslea want him, then I think Everton should hang on until they start banding there silly money around - They shouldn't have any change out of £15M in my opinion. Lescott is a better player than Micha Richards for me! Chelsea are a team who WILL pay £5-£10M over the odds to bring a player they really want to the club at the earliset oppertunity.

I completely agree. For too long the top 4 have had the monopoly on the best players, and looking at Lescott, if he isn't one of the top defenders this year, he will be in coming seasons.

For Everton to keep moving forward, we need to build our side around players like Joleon, Joey, Mikky, AJ and Vaughany. Not let them go for small profit.

The only way I would want Everton to let Joleon leave is if we have 2 or three of our "problem" positions sorted. Bridge in, SWP perhaps. Giving us something for the loss. Either that or as Rob says, wait for the silly money to be passed out.

I keep seeing people saying Lescott of £10m, Arteta to some spanish lot for £5m? You having a laugh. Rio cost £28, and Lescott is as good as him. In fact probably better, you ever seen Rio play left back consistently well for a season? And Arteta for £5m? Did someone miss off the 1 or 2 before the 5? he is rated in the top 4 of midfielders behind people like Gerrard, who is ranked at £30m! So why any less for our little Spud!?

I truly hope Everton keep a strong stance on this, and keep hold of our better players. It is the ONLY way we will go forward.

Rob said.............

""Back to Lescott -I hear doubling your money is banded around as a good deal - Well to me doubling our money isn't good enough - His worth is not how much profit we would make on him, but how much would he cost for us to replace like for like. He is a player who has been hugly consistent in the Premiership playing in a unfamiliar role.""

I hear what you are saying Rob and nobody wants to lose their best players but you seem to forget that Football these days is no longer a sport, its a big business.

EFC is a business that has massive debts, and a boardrooms priority is to see that the business does'nt go under and cease to work as such, any businessman who can not only get his own money back but also makes an immediate £5m profit would jump at any chance which allows him to cut the deficet and keep his business going.

Football directors are no different they will call a meeting, discuss it, and then make the best decision from a business point of view, supporters wont come into the discussion, would you rather they think of us and make a decision on what we want, and then more than likely end up in a Leeds United Situation.

As for the player himself, if the club informed him of another club who had made an approach for him and he could Double or Treble his wages with the move, would you blame him for moving cos i wouldnt, and any Tom Dick or Harry would jump at the Chance.

Dont forget that even when the Game was a sport, AND WE WHERE A TOP CLUB WHO DIDNT NEED TO SELL OUR BEST PLAYERS Catterick Sold the late Great Alan Ball because he thought doubling his money for him was a good Deal.

How did we get our players ??? we bought the best players from other clubs, It has always been that way and will continue to be so, its swings and roundabouts Rob we all do it.

Rob said.............

""Back to Lescott -I hear doubling your money is banded around as a good deal - Well to me doubling our money isn't good enough - His worth is not how much profit we would make on him, but how much would he cost for us to replace like for like. He is a player who has been hugly consistent in the Premiership playing in a unfamiliar role.""

I hear what you are saying Rob and nobody wants to lose their best players but you seem to forget that Football these days is no longer a sport, its a big business.

EFC is a business that has massive debts, and a boardrooms priority is to see that the business does'nt go under and cease to work as such, any businessman who can not only get his own money back but also makes an immediate £5m profit would jump at any chance which allows him to cut the deficet and keep his business going.

Football directors are no different they will call a meeting, discuss it, and then make the best decision from a business point of view, supporters wont come into the discussion, would you rather they think of us and make a decision on what we want, and then more than likely end up in a Leeds United Situation.

As for the player himself, if the club informed him of another club who had made an approach for him and he could Double or Treble his wages with the move, would you blame him for moving cos i wouldnt, and any Tom Dick or Harry would jump at the Chance.

Dont forget that even when the Game was a sport, AND WE WHERE A TOP CLUB WHO DIDNT NEED TO SELL OUR BEST PLAYERS Catterick Sold the late Great Alan Ball because he thought doubling his money for him was a good Deal.

How did we get our players ??? we bought the best players from other clubs, It has always been that way and will continue to be so, its swings and roundabouts Rob we all do it.

Licker, I as much as anybody realises that football is business- However, Everton last summer where prepared to pay £5M on Lescott as an unproven Premiership defender (If Moyes had a crystal ball and he could have seen how good Lescott would ahve performed? I am in no doubt he would have spent - £7M - £8M on him last summer if he had too). He is now a proven Premiership defender and a bloody good one at that. So lets say £10M is around his market value. To me this summer £10M is not going to be a stupidly high transfer fee, because of the new money in the Prem.

I would say Everton are in the buying market for one or two players between £5M and £10M this summer should they be good enough to improve our squad. What is the value of letting argubley, position for position, our best player this season go, We can obviousley afford the wages he has signed up on, he has 3 year left on his contract, he will be one of the first name on the team sheet at Everton, he will be cover for Terry and Cavahliho at Cheslea, and to me that would be a waste of a player who should be on the pitch week in week out.

Totally different if Cheslea are offeeing stupid money - £15M-£20M, but at the £10M we would then be looking at spending £6-7M for a quality replacement in anycase. So any 'profit' would soon be spent.

The fact we are going to be active in this summers transfer market means we DON'T HAVE to sell players.

Profit on players is nice - but its not the most important thing for a club that is hoping to PROGRESS.