IGNORED

Nugent ?

I've never seen the guy play but a lot of clubs are interested in him.

Anyone seen him play? Any good? Is he a bit too similiar to AJ?

I love this quote though! If that's not a come and get me plea I don't what is!

Preston striker David Nugent has admitted he desire to play for Everton in the future.

Nugent, who hails from Huyton, is a huge fan of the Toffees - and has been linked with a move to Goodison several times by the media.

"I want to play for Everton, there's no question about that," he said.

"Everyone knows I'm an Everton fan. My hero was Duncan Ferguson and, hopefully, I will play for them in my career and I'm confident I will do.

The 22-year-old, who has 13 goals so far this season, was on Liverpool's books until the age of 14, but never reneged his Blue roots.

"I used to wear my Everton top underneath my Liverpool training top," he revealed.

"I hated wearing red at the time, but they gave me my chance to play at the School of Excellence and it was great there."

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reckon we could get him cheaper than they wanted in january if they don't get promoted.

and the only way we will get him is if they don't get promoted.

He will definalty be playing in the prem next season, whether with preston oir someone else. If he leaves preston i think he'll definatly choose us....he's an Everto Fan, Moyes gave him his first chance...

He is a player I would love to see playing for us, and I think Everton want him. It's just a case of a waiting game, by the time the summer gets here he'll be in the last year of his contract. I feel that EFC and Nugent have agreed to let his contract run down in order for us to get him at a nominal fee via tribunal due to him being under the age of 24.

See his comments today?

Preston North End star David Nugent says being released by Liverpool was the best thing that could have happened to him.

Nugent is now the hottest talent outside the Premiership and told the Independent: "It is hard for a young lad to be released by Liverpool at 14.

"But I think you've got more of a chance of coming through the lower leagues when you're released at 14 than 16 or 17, and I was determined. I've had other setbacks with injuries and illness but I was determined to keep going. Just after I was released by Liverpool I contracted viral meningitis. It wasn't a nice time by any means but what has happened since has been wonderful. Now I would say the best thing that ever happened to me was being released by Liverpool. It's not nice to be told you're not good enough so it's wonderful to be where I am now and it would be great to go into the Premiership with Preston and see their faces. It would be nice to think they'd have to buy me for £20m in a few years' time when they could have had me for nothing."

The spurned Nugent did not have to wait long for his invitation back into the game. When his Sunday league team, Whiston Juniors, entered a five-a-side tournament in Blackpool the following season, his performances caught the eye of a Bury scout who contacted the club's youth-team coach, Andy Feeley.

"We lost my first game for the youth team 4-3 but I scored a hat-trick in front of the Bury chairman and he offered me a youth contract there and then."

Nugent knows what he wants to do should Preston fail to win promotion this season.

"I want to play for Everton, there's no question about that," he states. "Everyone knows I'm an Everton fan. My hero was Duncan Ferguson and, hopefully, I will play for them in my career and I'm confident I will do. I used to wear my Everton top underneath my Liverpool training top, I hated wearing red at the time, but they gave me my chance to play at the School of Excellence and it was great there.

"Now I've moved on. I am doing well at the moment with Preston but only when I am in the Premiership would I say I have proved those people wrong."

If we can get him for a good price I would be all for it. Unfortunately we will probably have to pay a lot for him. I haven't watched too much of him but from what I've seen he looks promising. They play the PNE Man City game on tv here this weekend so I get another change to watch him

• 2 weeks later...