IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's that good he'd atleast be on the bench for Arsenal. Apart from against the shite he's been utter shite. And if he was that good they wouldnt have tried to get rid of him to Boro, the only reason he's still there is because he turned down the move.

Edited by Romey 1878

actually arsenal are supposed to have puleld the plug

and he's played well whenever given the chance really, not just against liverpool

he's a good player , don't judge him on the fact he can't get on the bench of a team that are insanely better than we are

didn't get that many games, he's been quality when he's played

anyway nugent, what does he have to offer, not either setting championship alight in a pretty good team aswell

atleast eastwood scores in a shite team ... nugent isnt that quick, isnt that strong, isnt that good at finishing and isnt that good in the air, the fact he's a blue and wants to play for us, i think, makes people like him more and overrate him, like duncan ferguson people think he's a legend but in all truth he was shite

Edited by CraccerC

Seem to have silenced every1 there mate. Haha i wouldnt say he was shite, he may not have been the most technical gifted player ever but he alot of important goals in his time and used to put the shits up the other teams defenders when he played....

Back to Nugent, we need this lad in, who ever saying Nugent is slow is talking out there ass. I watched a Preston game other day when he scored, he done the job andy does for us but for preston. U just have to look at BT to see slow however, Dave has got the goal threat of Johnson but better on the ball. Slower than Andy of course but still can move unlike other players we have. People would agree Nugent is good if they go away like I did and watch him play. hes a good player.

he's not slow, but he's not fast, he's just decent in every category that makes him decent in the championship but not good enough for prem imo

as for ferguson the thing that annoys me most, which i disagree with you on, was that he was gifted, amazing talent could have been one of the best when he first came but ... injuries, violence, and ontop of that i don't think he really cared that much for football either, never fulfilled his potential and cost us a lot of money, such a waste with very little return

i know the general feeling here is that he isnt good enough. but i think he is, i have seen him a few times and he rarely doesnt impress. scores some spectacular goals. maybe he isnt the fastest but neither is ashton. nugent has two good feet and is good in the air. a good partner i feel for aj. anyway thats only my opinion. and with him being a die hard blue you can guarentee he will give absolutely everything while wearing the famous royal blue jersey.

I think you are right I just don't want to over pay for him, which I could see happening.

The thing is, with young players most of the deals are pay more as you win trophies/score more goals/win england cap etc. So they are usually nowhere near the initial sum quoted by the media.

Arsenal have only payed like 9 million for Walcott now, we have payed just over 5 million for Crouch and we payed only 6 million for heskey. So, even a 6 million deal for Nugent might see you paying Preston 3 million or something and the rest later if at all.

I read in the NOTW that we would be his dream move, fine and dandy. Nugent would be a superb buy for us, but at what cost?. £10m is "acceptable", anything more is taking the piss. I feel with AJ's pace and Nugent's poacher like knack- we have the future of England team's in the making and would only benefit us and the nation.

ATB

Mac

I read in the NOTW that we would be his dream move, fine and dandy. Nugent would be a superb buy for us, but at what cost?. £10m is "acceptable", anything more is taking the piss. I feel with AJ's pace and Nugent's poacher like knack- we have the future of England team's in the making and would only benefit us and the nation.

ATB

Mac

You'd honestly pay £10million for him?

The thing is, with young players most of the deals are pay more as you win trophies/score more goals/win england cap etc. So they are usually nowhere near the initial sum quoted by the media.

Arsenal have only payed like 9 million for Walcott now, we have payed just over 5 million for Crouch and we payed only 6 million for heskey. So, even a 6 million deal for Nugent might see you paying Preston 3 million or something and the rest later if at all.

ONLY hahahaha still got robbed, but credit were due he was okish for Leiscter.

nugent 10 mill fernandes 12 mill =22 mill we need a full back a winger and a host of at least another couple of squad players if we are in europe and planning to stay in it for more than 10 seconds this time whilst doing well in the leage because of all the money coming in next year. We dont ask much :D