IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted young player of the year last season, and has just been voted second best player in the championship this season behind KOUMAS :blink: ( thats a joke ), but ahead of Gareth Bale.

YOU WONT GET A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBRE FOR LESS THAN FIVE MILLION. ;)

I see what you are saying mate, but in the current situation in football, it is very much a sellers market. If a club says a player is worth £Xm, it is down to all bidding clubs to say "no he isn't", but clubs like Boro and fucking Newcastle will inflate prices above and beyond any real worth.

If we have to pay £10m, then so be it, but like you say bloody shame.

ATB

Mac

he has just scored against southampton, fucking class goal pure brilliance, gotta hand it to him he's proving how good he is.

Gareth Bale has one thing to his game, free kicks and thats it, hardly the markings of a brilliant player.

I agree i think he is getting a reputation based on freekicks... he might be a good prospect but 10 million could be well better spent for any team imo.

Edited by Blue4Ever

[quote name='Blue4Ever' I agree i think he is getting a reputation based on freekicks... he might be a good prospect but 10 million could be well better spent for any team imo.

Nobodys mentioned 10 mill for Bale, i said he would go for 5mill, if he goes.

And he's got a bit more than freekicks in his repetoire, you must be getting mixed up with Baines.

NUGENT would be a great asset to Everton. Did you see him v Southampton? Pressure of Sky cameras there and he won Man of the Match. His goal was excellent. He runs funny though, doesnt seem to lift his legs much and takes baby steps. Still maybe that confuses defenders? I'd say hes worth about 6mill.

You would like to think that it means that if Everton go for him (and offer the same price as the other clubs, LIke with AJ) then he would choose us over the other clubs.

So if Preston don't get into the premiership then we are in pole position to sign him and then it will come down to 2 thing.

1 Does Dm want him

2 Do we have the money to get him.

What I have seen of Nugent he seems like a decent player and get the feeling he could make the jump.

Think if he does join it will mean the end of Beattie though

Hope it comes off.

PRESTON HAVE FAILED TO GET PROMOTION IN THEIR LAST THREE PLAY OFFS, seems they're doomed to stay in that division. :)

Gotta be better than Beattie at that price, and with extra money coming to prem clubs next season, we should be able to afford him.

Hope it comes off.

PRESTON HAVE FAILED TO GET PROMOTION IN THEIR LAST THREE PLAY OFFS, seems they're doomed to stay in that division. :)

Gotta be better than Beattie at that price, and with extra money coming to prem clubs next season, we should be able to afford him.

Licker don't tempt fate!

have you seen his disciplinery record, he won't do our all ready poor record any good, no uefa through fair play then.

so far this season he's got nearly as many cards as goals. 10 yellows and 1 red!

Would be interested to know why he's getting so many, if it's through moaning and getting stroppy then definately not impressed.