IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so another problem arises.......

With Nugent likely to get a call up if any of the England squad strikers get injuries over the weekend, will that add another couple of million to his already inflated price, and put us out of the running. ??

IMO our money would be better spent on fernandes, dont get me wrong i really like nugent & it would be great to have another blue in the team but with Vaughn & anichabe waiting in the wings, we need a quality midfielder more urgently.

How can you rate Manny so highly after so few games???

Dont get me wrong I like him but Robbert Earnshaw had a storming 5 or 6 games the WBA got relegated but a good run doesnt make him a good player & most on this forum at least wouldnt have paid 3 mil for him!

i rate him cause he also looked really good while he was at Portsmouth, some players only need a few games & u can see there talent. Look at cahill & arteta. I sometimes bitch about moyes & his ability to sign players but he does know how to spot quality midfielders.

i know what you mean fernandes is a top class player and we'd be mad to let him go as he is still only young aswell so he is going to get better and better. I do know jose mourinho is a ig fan of his so if we snap him up before anyone else does and then chelsea come looking when makaleli retires we could make a huge profit of that 12 mill we spend ( could be looking at around 20 mill or more)

Saw the interview with Carsley on MOTD2 and when asked about Johnson in the England squad he said something along the lines of "I'd rather have Nugent" (think thats what he said anyway)

Sounds to me like the deal has been wrapped up and hes maybe spent some time at Bellefield already. Might be me reading too much into it though :unsure:

:P

• 1 month later...