IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoken to Mark on MSN about this, I feel the deal has been done already. He is ours and everyone in football knows it.

ATB

Mac

There were a couple of rumours in January of a "pre-signing" deal being done providing Preston don't get promoted but never really heard much more on it. I guess he will go anyway if Preston don't get promoted, to us or another club...

I would'nt want us to go into an auction but if we match the other clubs bids its all down to where the players want to go, and i think both have hinted at a preference to join the Blues.

But we also need a left back, and a wide left midfielder as a priority, so it all depends on what budget DM has at his Disposal.

The papers are saying today that Roy Keane is going to challenge us for the signing of Nugent and Barton and he's probably got more money to spend than us :(

Indesputable fact. Anyone who chooses Sunderland over Everton is not worth having.

The papers are saying today that Roy Keane is going to challenge us for the signing of Nugent and Barton and he's probably got more money to spend than us :(

they can have barton if they want him that bad as id love to wake up to the morning papper one day and it sed keane and barton bust up.

As for nugent he will come to us if he is anythink close to the evertonian he claims to be.

when Nuge was 1st mentioned i thought would be quality

but with rumblings of bent if we would be paying the same price for Nuge as we would for bent then i am still unsure who i would go for

with bent you know u are getting min 10 goals a season

along with power pace strength and heading ability to prem standard proven

but with Nuge he does bring a bigger risk to the transfer

in my dream world i would have both for rotation (which would give us the best strikers in depth in the league i would say anyway)

but if at the end of the day if given the choice in the position we are in i would rather not take the chance

only if he is in the same bracket as bent.

but with Nuge he does bring a bigger risk to the transfer

......Cahill.....Lescott......

Moyes has a nack of spotting quality players from the Championship and I do not think bringing an England International to Everton is a risk! Nugent is the future (only 21!!) and will play well with Anchiebe, Vaughan and Johnson....BTW I think Vaughan is possibly going to be a bigger star than Nugent but just my opinion......

i dont understand why people think david nugent is a huge risk to be honest

excellent strike rate in the championship and has all the atributes to step up, just like AJ did when he played for palace

sometimes you have to gamble just like various clubs did with ashton bent etc

even lescott was a gamble and looked how that has played out

i say get nugent for 5mill, baines and then one of either barton or fernandes and we will be sorted