IGNORED

Nugent ?

Id love Nuge at the club, he scores some outstanding goals and at the same time some just generally crucial ones. I cant see him being a Preston plyare next season and with his love of the club I think he'll be wearing the Everton crest with pride next season.

We plucked Johnson from the Championship aswell dont forget.....

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken in the main stand on Saturday according to Kipper!!

nugentpompeyrw5.jpg

I don't think he will come to Everton ... He's just probally at that game because he is a Everton fan and it was the most important match of our season.

I don't really want him either for the asking price on him. How much did PNE say about 7m ??? I mean he hasn't even proved himself in the Prem and it's a big step up.

I don't think Moyes can afford anymore flops ...

I would move for Healy of Leeds instead, but if we do sign Nugent hopefully he will do well and try his best as he is a evertonian.

but healy hasnt proved himself in the premiership either, so why would you take him instead of nugent ?

if you look at their strike rates, nugent has scored alot more goals than healy has (including healy's spell at preston)

i dont see nugent being a gamble, spesh if he spends more time around england players in their training camps

but healy hasnt proved himself in the premiership either, so why would you take him instead of nugent ?

if you look at their strike rates, nugent has scored alot more goals than healy has (including healy's spell at preston)

i dont see nugent being a gamble, spesh if he spends more time around england players in their training camps

I'd take Healy since he would cost alot less then Nugent so wouldn't be as risky as him. In my opinion I'd say Vaughan is better than Nugent and so is Anichebe. I just have a bad feeling about signing Nugent .... Go for Chopra or Healy instead.

Edited by blue4everdan

Recent Nugent quote

"I've been linked with them since I was first at Preston. I'd love to join Everton, the club I supported as a boy and wanted to play for," he said at the WKD Nuts Football Awards 2007

I tell you his £6M asking price, maybe a lot for a player never to grace the Premiership - But Plenty of clubs are interested, he's been put on the pitch in a competative England game (so must have shown something in training with them)

But this talented player is bursting at the seems to put on an Everton shirt. How oftern do we have such hot property almost knocking at the door of the club trying to get in.

Everton would be mad not to sign a talented player, who you know will truly give more than 100% and the passion we would love to see every player at Goodison give to the club.

I would sign him purly on his will to player for us, never mind any footballing ability.

I dont think that NUgent will sign unless we ship out Beattie first.

Dm will think that with 4 strikers we have enough cover and won't pay 6m for one when he is most prob looking a midfielders and defenders.

So my feeling is unless you see a story that BT has been given persmission to speak to another club you won't see one saying that Nugent is in talks with Everton

Major Everton signing: Scott Parker will sign for Everton in the next 2 weeks

Everton FC Development: David Moyes is not prepared to meet Paul simpsons valuation of David Nugent (10m) and cloud now look at other foward targets:

These names have poped up around Goodison:

Javier Saviola (Free agent) -Big WAGE

Robbie Keane (7m) -many other clubs interested Villa, Celtic and Sunderland.

Craig Bellamy (6m) -If he is to leave the redshte Moyes might be prepard to gamble on him imagene the pace of Johnson n Bellamy!.

Emile Heskey (6m) -Why! to be fair to emile he has his good days and many are a waste!.

Sanli Tuncay (Free agent) -Again he would Carry a Big WAGE and many clubs looking at the Turk.

My money would be on Bellamy!

oh FFS heskey for £6m not worth 6p. utter shite, if he did actually come then questions need to be asked.

Both Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill will reject moves away from Everton, to stay and compete in the clubs UEFA campaign. Mancini is actually a target for Moyes as is Defoe and Nugent. Manuel Fernandes might have his loan extended for a further year, whilst Joey Barton could come in for as little as £4 million. John O'Shea and Alan Smith are also on Moyes' target list.

Potential Everton squad:

Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, LeScott, Neville, Arteta, Cahill, Barton, Fernandes, Johnson, Nugent/ Anichebe/ Vaughan.

=v1=

Mike Newell will become sheffeild Uniteds new manager next week appointing brian stein as assistant, he will sell jagielka to Everton for £7.5 million

EVERTON FC

Ins:

Nugent- £6-7m

Baines- £4m

Viduka- Free/ Saviola- Free

Fernandes-1 year loan with option to sign permanent

Miller- Swap with Mcfadden

Outs:

Beattie-£4m (cetic)

Macfadden-Swap with Milner (Celtic)

Van de Meyde-£1m ? ( FC Twente )

Naysmith-£0.5m

FACT: Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta will DEFINATELY NOT leave Everton. They have both repeatedly stated their intent to stay with European football ahead, and I can tell you that Tim Cahill has bought a brand new house which he is refurbishing in Woolton, close to where Evertons new training ground will be in Halewood. Coincidence? I think not.

One of my sources has informed that we made enquiries about Everton's Mikel Arteta and JoLeon LeScott, but both were firmly dismissed. We were even prepared to offer Defoe as part of the deal, but Everton were not keen at all.

^^^ As do I. I dont see us getting any of those first player names that have "popped around Goodison" such as Saviola, Keane, Bellamy ect... I would be very happy with Barton, Fernandes, Baines and Nugent. It would be amazing to get Tuncay to fill our left winger need but he will cost too much unfortunately.

The one player I would love us to get would be Andres D,alessandro. He was on loan at Pompey and didn't know anything about him before then but was instantly a fan. Done some research and he is worldclass check him out on youtube. Pompey didn't keep him on but that doesn't mean much as they had Manny on loan for 6 months and hardly played him.

TBH i dont think Moyes will sign Nugent. I think Moyes will think the price is to high and will get him in January. Obvisly other teams will bid though but i think Nugent will reject as he wants to sign for us. I then think we will get him for about 2-4 mil in the january transfer market.

TBH i dont think Moyes will sign Nugent. I think Moyes will think the price is to high and will get him in January. Obvisly other teams will bid though but i think Nugent will reject as he wants to sign for us. I then think we will get him for about 2-4 mil in the january transfer market.

Agree, as much as I like Nugent, he is not £10m worth. Berbatov is a proven International striker and played at the highest level in Germany for years, and only cost £10.6m.

I think £6m would be good. And no, I do not follow that Nugent scored for England. He nicked someone elses goal, which is excellent follow up play, but that doesn't add £4m to his value! :D

I would love to get him, but not at the prices quoted so far!

they say they want £10m but i think they would settle for around the £5mil mark.

year left on contract, has stated he wants to move if they are not promoted, in which they failed, so he wants to go.

we have the upper hand here, they have a unsettled player who wants to play for us, if we put in a reasonabel bid in and its rejected nugent may slap a transfer request in.

we will get our man imo for around what ive said.

This is my first post I just wanted to goad opinion on whether we actually need another striker at 8 mil when there is more pressing positions. A new winger.

I think with AJ taking most the reponsibilty and beattie/Big Vic/Vaughn/Faddy to choose from alongside him not to mention Tiny Tim if we are really running low why do we need to spend 8 mil on nugent. I reckon securing mannie for the same money would be much more prudent.

Bobbyj, have merged this with the other Nugent thread in rumourama. Too many threads being started about the same topic.

Welcome to the site, if you go and introduce yourself you will get a better welcome. :) Cheers.

Licker.

Would love to get Jagielka, Nugent, Barton. All good young English players! Push through an extended loan for Fernandes and maybe an additional squad player and we will be strong and pushing forward again next season :lol:

Hopefully we'll try and get rid of Beattie thou, he has had his chances. Cut our loses and get a couple of mill for him from Celtic or something...We can hope!