IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience, young Padawn...

Remember, Moyes warned everyone at the beginning of the offseason not to expect any immediate transfer activity from us this year, and actually we're hardly alone in that regard. If you separate the rumors from the reality and go look at the number of transfers that have actually been finalized so far, there's been very little fire for all the smoke pouring out of the papers. There have been more free deals and permanent signings of loan players so far than deals involving negotiation of transfer fees, and there are still a lot of teams (including Villa, Blackburn, and City) who haven't made any moves at all yet.

Edited by JD in DC

Its taking the risk though isnt it. We dont it with Cahill n Lescott so hopefully the same will happen with him

your right heather, we did take the risks, but they were much cheaper risks.

cahill was a snip, lescotts depends alot on him staying injury free and progressing. imo i still think its a risk worth taking, but id be upset to pay more than £6m

hey, sunderland have made a formal bid for him. So, if they sign him, they are allowed £6 million but we have to start at £7 million, er how does that work.

And, i know he wants to play in the premiership but Sunderland! and also! if they go down again, Nugent will be stuck then won't he!

No chance with Nugent now.

By the time DM makes up his mind if he wants to sign him we will already have signed for Sunderland and we will get the normal crap of we tried to sign up but price was to high.

Have to take the risk sometimes like we should have done with McSheffery last season

No chance with Nugent now.

By the time DM makes up his mind if he wants to sign him we will already have signed for Sunderland and we will get the normal crap of we tried to sign up but price was to high.

Have to take the risk sometimes like we should have done with McSheffery last season

agree with you, Moyes always takes to long to sign players. Ashton as well for example, could have had him for £1 for Crewe when he was available! As Adam said same with McSheffrey!

No doubt we will make a "last minute bid" to sign him, a bit like we did with Alan Shearer & Alan Smith ie place

the bid half an hour after he signs for somebody else just so Moysey & Bill can say at least we tried!

Should have snapped him up back in January when the price was £3 mill

:angry::angry::angry:

Correct but I dont want him at 7 million, too much of a gamble in to much of an important season IMO!

No doubt we will make a "last minute bid" to sign him, a bit like we did with Alan Shearer & Alan Smith ie place

the bid half an hour after he signs for somebody else just so Moysey & Bill can say at least we tried!

Should have snapped him up back in January when the price was £3 mill

:angry::angry::angry:

true but Vaughan & Anichebe wouldn't had the opportunity to impress

i meant it this way we have an agrement in the contract saying eg preston come up next year they can have him back we have him on loan now for 2mill and a further 2mill wen it ends BIT FAR FETCHED THOUGH

Edited by Tom Mac

17 goals for £7 million. thats an waful lot don't ya think?!?

from what i've seen with better players around him (england u21's) he seems quite good. the fact he keeps our very own vaughan out the team must say something about him.....or does it?

i'd be happy to have him but not gutted if we didn't. Sunderland will pay top dollar for players becasue they need to and they have the financial backing. So in this respect i admire DM for not paying whatever asking price any club wants. I think we should break the bank for the right player but not for a decent championship player who's not played in the top league or europe yet.

Having said that he'll prob win the premiership golden boot now just to spite me!

Problem is that it seems that every club in the Premiership can and will outbid Everton. How are we ever going to get anywhere if we cant even compete with the likes of Wigan & Sunderland

Unless we can find an unknown world beater whose club is prepared to let him go for a packet of crisps and a packet of pork scratchings ( in installments over 5 years) then its seems unlikely that we are going to be doing much business this window

i still want Nuggent here, i like his style of play and think he could make a good impact in the Prem. One problem he may have is because he has made such a name for himself outside of the prem and even made the england set up outside of the prem he will probably be heavily marked out of games. some players have done really well making the jump from championship to prem. take Darren Bent for an example. he came up and scored a shit load in his first season, but was largely an unknown quantitiy and was not talked about anywhere near as much as Nuggent before hand and therefore will probably not have been considered as much as a threat before hand.

sorry im rambeling alot here. basically what im trying to say is that wherever Nuggent goes he could struggle in his first season becasue teams may give him special attention because of the hype around him.

this could work in our favour if we sign him as it may take some attention away from AJ, i dont know im probably talking shit..... ill go now

I suddenly thought last night that maybe we are doing the same as we done with AJ.

If I remember right we were linked with him at the end of the season and nothing happened. Wigan and Bolton both had offers accepted and then we came in and offered.

Maybe we will do the same but I can still only see DM buying in a striker if Beattie is sold.

He knows we need improving in others players as well and maybe our attackers is our best area at the moment for cover so is the last place he is add to if have any money left

I suddenly thought last night that maybe we are doing the same as we done with AJ.

If I remember right we were linked with him at the end of the season and nothing happened. Wigan and Bolton both had offers accepted and then we came in and offered.

Maybe we will do the same but I can still only see DM buying in a striker if Beattie is sold.

He knows we need improving in others players as well and maybe our attackers is our best area at the moment for cover so is the last place he is add to if have any money left

Thats my thoughts to be honest - we all talk about how much he is worth. In reality his is WORTH what somebody is willing to pay for him. Now if that is value is another question.

I agree there is no need to put in offers left right and centre by Everton. You wait to find out his worth i.e now much other clubs are willing to pay, then if Moyes sees that as value, we make a similar offer, and as we all know he will choose Everton ahead of anybody else. If he doesn't offer value, then we don't bother putting a bid in and look elsewhere. No real hurry on this one as he is on under 21 duty - I think the game is on tonight if anybody wants to give him the once over.

He played against the Czech republic, and had fairly good reviews, especially when he was given a strike partner as was left very isolated when playing the loan striker.

I actually like the idea of Nugent coming to Goodison.

1. He must be a decent player, you aren't first choice under 21 striker and even been in the England senior squad out of the Championship if your not

2. In the last 3 years has always had a consistent and decent strike return for lets say a fairly decent, but not great Preston team.

3. He is also a very hard working striker, tracks back and does not shy away from the ugly side of the game. A attribute that our strikers need. With the team we have we can't afford a luxury striker that is just about goals. He is not just about goals.

4. He is fast and has a very good touch of the ball, a skillfull player who can run at defenders as well as striker a ball sweetly.

5. He really really wants to put an Everton shirt on his back. In the day and age of mercs in the game, getting a decent player who genuinley loves the club is a major asset.

6. Plays in the under 21 side - is still so so young we could get 10 years out of him

I just think he is a player made for Everton football club and has the potential to be a legendary number 9

Yes I agree...

I watched the Czech game the other day just to have a look at Nugent and he impressed me.

He was a real handful with a good turn of speed. He set up a great shooting chance with that acceleration which he dragged wide because he didn't look up. Give him a year with the likes of AJ and the England setup and he'll have his proper shooting boots on.

He got a card for no reason at all, but what I liked was his willingness to forge up front on his own and his workrate.

In comparison to Beattie, he is quicker and seemed more of a threat.

Thing is, watching Nugent, I was taken back to an early Alan Shearer, in his days at Southampton I think it was, before he made the move to Blackburn and everyone suddenly knew who he was.

Definitely a young, raw talent, with the build, speed and commitment to become a VERY VERY good striker.

If Sunderland get him, I guarantee we will be looking at him with "what could have been" thoughts in our heads next season.

PLUS I already think Moyes won't sell Beattie and has earmarked "Manboobs" for a centrehalf role alongside Yobo next season...haha