IGNORED

Jason Koumas

I have been watching the championship matches regularly this season, and the one player that stands out is Jason Koumas. He seems to have developed into a more mature player since we were last linked with him, he has all the tricks to and is a player who is exactly like arteta, he can play in the centre or on the wings, and seen as today west brom did not go up we could get him for a fee below 5 million i think. I would rather have Koumas than pay too much for fernandes or buy mood swing barton.

Just saw a news article that linked us as a possible landing spot.

The 27-year-old has had an outstanding season after going AWOL from West Brom last summer and several Premiership clubs, including Everton, are understood to be interested in the player.

Koumas said: 'What about my future? I've no idea. I've a big game for Wales on Saturday and then I'll have a nice break and think about what I am going to do.

'I don't know what my future holds because I'm at an age where I want to step up. It's been too long in waiting. I'm desperate to play in the Premiership but it's up to the chairman (Jeremy Peace). We'll have a talk and see what happens.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...792&cc=5901

Phew~! i do not know where this is leading us to.We need improvemnets! we need players who are better than the current crop of players and not someone average. Its like recommending Zenden who is slightly better than our former Kilbane...and now kuomas who is on par or slightly better than Osman. That should not be the case....in our midfield, the benchmark is Arteta, so we need to bring in someone of his capacity or better.. someone like Fernandes...I do not like the idea of going back for players once whom we needed them because we wanted to avoid relegation. Relegation battles are forgone (hopefully),Now we want to avoid another disappointment in Europe, it means we need much better players and hopefully Moyes get such quality players than Koumas....unless he is wanted as a backup for Osman !

Guest blueboy122

xsaint hit the nail on the head!! but koumas is a very good player although barton is far better. the only probleem is money we have nto got enuff money to get the likes of arteta we have at the most i think is it around 15 million? arteta was a one off we will not find another gem lik him in the next 5 years. if we do badly in europe we have to look at fat bill. because in this day and age to do well in europe u need a lot of money like spurs or a a big fat peice of luck (boro last year) but they wil never get there agen 1 season wonder that was lol

I like him tbh, reminds me a little of arteta the way he can ghost past players. But he obviously ain't up to mikels level.

Wudda signed him 4 or 5 seasons back from tranmere, seems a player who can make something outta nothin which we need.

Deal or No Deal? Deal i'd say, but 4m is a little steep

Wouldn't see Kumas as an improvment to our starting 11- to be honest- Another Simon Davies? or maybe a Leon Osman - Good player to have in the squad - but nothing better than fringe players we already have.

At 27 years old should be in his prime right now - rather than a raw talent with the potential to get better. Would much rather see the £4M going towards Joey Barton to be honest.

Only way for Kumas in to our team would be on the left wing - is that his position?

From what I've read in the papers it sounds like he can play either side or in the middle. I don't know which is his most natural position, though. My Football Manager computer game is no help at all - it simply lists him in the database as "Attacking Midfielder (Left, Right, Centre)".

Back in January, the Independent rated JK as the 8th best player not currently in the Premiership, although they did note that he didn't play very well when WBA was in the Premiership. Nugent was #1 on their list, BTW, followed by Bale and McSheffrey (and all three look like they're going up, one way or the other). Quote:

8 JASON KOUMAS, West Bromwich Albion

Nationality: Wales (full)

Value: £2.5

Many judges regard him as the most naturally talented player in the division but consistency is an issue. Stephen Gerrard said: "Boot Jason early and he fades." Struggled in the Premiership last time out.

Frankly it's too bad Birmingham went up because I would've much rather had McSheffrey - who's three years younger and IS a natural left wing - over Koumas, but I'm sure they won't sell him now they got promoted. Oh well.

I wouldnt mind Koumas but only if the figure wasn't to large maybe under 4 million.

Paul Scharner is no were near the quality of player we need to sign we should just pay the price wanted for Fernandes because he is the best player we will have the chance to sign. All these shite midfielder's we get linked with day in day out just annoy me.

I wouldnt mind Koumas but only if the figure wasn't to large maybe under 4 million.

Paul Scharner is no were near the quality of player we need to sign we should just pay the price wanted for Fernandes because he is the best player we will have the chance to sign. All these shite midfielder's we get linked with day in day out just annoy me.

LOL...i would agree to your entire quotes except, i prefer someone better than Koumas.....

If we are hoping to move up to the next stage we need to be looking at better quality players than Koumas and Scharner, these players are not good enough to keep any of our present squad out of the team.

In fact i'd go as far as to say they are complete rubbish, and if i thought Moysey was genuinely interested in this level of player, i would be very disappointed in him.

If we are hoping to move up to the next stage we need to be looking at better quality players than Koumas and Scharner, these players are not good enough to keep any of our present squad out of the team.

Building for Europe means we have more to worry about than just filling out the starting 11. We also need to improve our bench, and as long as those guys can step on the pitch whenever we ask them to and play effectively (either as a sub or as a spot starter when one of our regulars needs a day off), they'll be an upgrade over the likes of VDM and Pistone. Now I will agree that it seems crazy to pay a 4 mil fee to pick up a squad player (if that is what they'd be; I don't pretend to be an expert on judging talent), but I trust Moyes not to be a wastrel with our kitty. And I don't think he will be.

Edited by JD in DC

I agree JD and i'm willing to see Cahill and Arteta relegated to the Bench, but first we have to buy better than those we already have, if your just buying to fill out the bench, that would undoubtably be a backward step imo.