IGNORED

Johnson & Arteta?

Apparently, according to BBC Teletext and the Mirror, West Ham United are to make a combined bid for AJ and Arteta which is believed to be in the region of 35-45m.

Personally, I can not see it happning. AJ and Arteta have madfe it clear that they are settled and satisfied with the club...

Anybody, heard anything more on this?

Edited by fcssl

yeh i have noticed them sniffing around cahill arteta and johnson a few times this week and thought nothing of it but it is now starting to get abit worrying.

i mean everytime i have heard it and look at the huge fee's ive just got pound signs in my eyes.

but thinking about it selling any of those three never mind 2 or all of them would just be ripping the heart out the team witch we have worked long and hard to build.

plus weed be workin to try and replace them when we shud be just tweaking and getting in the players we acctauly need.

Wont happen, we are a club thats moving forward and to sell Cahill, Arteta or Johnson will be taking a major step back. Plus, we are no longer a selling club like most other premiership teams, we're trying to break into the top 4 .....

We ARE a selling club. After we bought Johnson, Wyness said we would have to sell before we buy if we were going to go after a high priced player and high priced players is where we should be looking now we're in Europe. We borrowed from the Sjy money to do our business last summer so it means we have less to spend this summer.

We ARE a selling club. After we bought Johnson, Wyness said we would have to sell before we buy if we were going to go after a high priced player and high priced players is where we should be looking now we're in Europe. We borrowed from the Sjy money to do our business last summer so it means we have less to spend this summer.

Romey your are one depressing fucker d'u know that. How could we be spending less this season when we are getting 50m extra in tv money. Plus why would any of Cahill, Arteta or Johnson want to go to West Ham when they aren't even playing in europe. You have no faith what so ever thinks its time for you to find yourself a piece of rope and end it all.

Romey your are one depressing fucker d'u know that. How could we be spending less this season when we are getting 50m extra in tv money. Plus why would any of Cahill, Arteta or Johnson want to go to West Ham when they aren't even playing in europe. You have no faith what so ever thinks its time for you to find yourself a piece of rope and end it all.

coz thats what we used to sign lescott and AJ last season. We Bought them based on we stay in the prem and get that money.

coz thats what we used to sign lescott and AJ last season. We Bought them based on we stay in the prem and get that money.

Wherer in the blue hell did you get that from? please tell me cos unless your mind reader no one knows where that money came from for all you know it came form me nan.

I think all weve got to do here is rely on the positives and hope for the best lads! cos last time I checked I wasn't a kopite so I'm not gonna keep moning about every little thing that crops up in a paper that litterally hates us.

Why did Lucas Neill choose WHU over the shite when the shite were in the Champions League? Because WHU offered him 70K a week. Money talks in this game. Emre chose Newcastle over us when we were in the Champions League because they offered him more money than us. It happens all the time.

On the money issue Im just going on what our own CEO said.

Oh and Im not a Kopite either.

Edited by Romey 1878

Why did Lucas Neill choose WHU over the shite when the shite were in the Champions League? Because WHU offered him 70K a week. Money talks in this game. Emre chose Newcastle over us when we were in the Champions League because they offered him more money than us. It happens all the time.

On the money issue Im just going on what our own CEO said.

Oh and Im not a Kopite either.

could have fooled me and I don't remember at all Keith Wyness stating that we were using money from this years tv money for lasts seasons buys.

No one would ever say that. If we did we'd be in major dnager of doing a Leeds. Who coincidently I belive West Ham are gonna follow in the footsteps of, you agree?

Plus if them players did go Moysey would be out the door with em.

could have fooled me and I don't remember at all Keith Wyness stating that we were using money from this years tv money for lasts seasons buys.

No one would ever say that. If we did we'd be in major dnager of doing a Leeds. Who coincidently I belive West Ham are gonna follow in the footsteps of, you agree?

Plus if them players did go Moysey would be out the door with em.

It was in an interview conducted on blue kipper by Mickey Blue Eyes I believe.

Yes I think they'll do a Leeds, they're throwing money around like it grows on trees. Offered Darren Bent £80,000 a week I've heard.

It was in an interview conducted on blue kipper by Mickey Blue Eyes I believe.

Yes I think they'll do a Leeds, they're throwing money around like it grows on trees. Offered Darren Bent £80,000 a week I've heard.

Its that kind a goins on that gonna ruin themselves and the game if their not careful. I'm a firm believer that if a player is to be swayed by money and not ambition then he can walk out the door cos he's not welcome. £80,000 a week is ridculous thats more than what rooney and ronaldo are on at Man Utd.

No one would ever say that. If we did we'd be in major danger of doing a Leeds. Who coincidently I belive West Ham are gonna follow in the footsteps of, you agree?

i disagree tbh as wtht a backer like egert magersun [sorry for the spelling] how can they do a leeds it would be tuff as i fink he is stongly behind them all the way.

its all about money now like mark said with lucas neil and emre it doesnt matter if we are in champions leage and challenging for the leage money speaks

we just dont offer the hoolywood wages witch i admire as it means any player playing for us are the one's desperate to wear the blue jersey and run out in fornt of 40,000 screaming pasionate evertonians every week.

an then there your typical shit house who will go to a london club on a huge wage an club it every night with all the birds and ail like.

we cant let them go surely....:S

but it is abit worying that usaly when there is links like this they are deny'd straight away

sumone cumfort me haha

West Ham are just about linked with every player you could think of being available.

Panic buying after the poor season they have had.

I would be a little nervouse if it was a Man U or Arsanal after our players - but West Ham!! - A chance to join the glamourouse Alan Curbishley revolution. If any of our players (whoever they may be) WANT to join WEST HAM - then to me they are purley after a rid on a gravy train. So good look to them.

£45M bid I have heard rumoured for AJ and Arteta - If they are crazy enough to spend that amount then I would bit there hand off.

Enough money for Jags £4M, Nugent £6M, Kumas £4M, Bains £5M, Richardson £4M, Barton £5M, Fernandez £8M and still about with about £9M left to add to our potential £15M transfer kitty!!!

Now looking at the above - you can see how ludicruse the story is!!!

i agree west ham arnt exactly 'A' Class. but they have what we dont...

wheel barrows full of disposable cash!

I just hope in AJ's case he follows through with the loyalty pledges he has flashed this season and Arteta....well lets hope the lure of european football can divert his eyes from the £80k a week he'll be guarenteed at Upton park. and hey if Sean Bean pulls off some 'sharpe like' herioics for Sheff Utd when he meets the fa this week the dirty cheating southern scummers might get those deducted points they SOOOO deserved and we dont need to worry.

.:Tomo:.

That doesnt mean a thing when he has a chance to Double his wages, its a tempting offer and i wouldnt blame him if he jumped at it, also wouldnt blame the club if they decided to make a 6 to 10 million profit on him in twelve months.

West Ham are ready to end their interest in Charlton's Darren Bent and instead make a £13million bid for Everton striker Andrew Johnson.

Johnson only moved to Goodison Park from Crystal Palace last summer, but the Hammers will offer him £90,000-a-week in an attempt to lure him back to London, according to reports.

Everton are expected to knock back any offer for the striker who scored 11 league goals last season, but West Ham are ready to go as high as £18million to get their man.

The Irons put an £18million bid on the table for Addicks hitman Bent in January's transfer window, but had it rejected so Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has decided to focus on Johnson instead.

Curbishley is expected to be a very busy man this summer as he attempts to overhaul a squad which only survived in the Premiership on the last day of the season.

Scott Parker is expected to seal his move to Upton Park shortly while Carlos Tevez, Nigel Reo-Coker, Paul Konchesky, Matthew Etherington and Hayden Mullins are all ready to leave.

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2165435,00.html

** Well moyes said Westham does not have enough cash to buy Andy from us. If the above article is true, will DM let Andy go for 18M? is that enough cash?...i hope we do not let him go any any price for now,,,,

** Well moyes said Westham does not have enough cash to buy Andy from us. If theabove article is true, will DM let Andy go for 18M? is that enough cash?...i hope we do not let him go any any price for now,,,,

Come on now, this is getting ridiculous.

All these websites are just as full of shit as the tabloids

That doesnt mean a thing when he has a chance to Double his wages, its a tempting offer and i wouldnt blame him if he jumped at it, also wouldnt blame the club if they decided to make a 6 to 10 million profit on him in twelve months.

could,nt agree more mate, for a club like ours the chance to make a 10m profit on a player never happens, moyes would have to be thick not to accept it, regardless of who it is. would you blame AJ the chance to get 100 grand a week? he won't ever get that with us.he's good but he ain't that good, saviola is only quoted at 7m i know who i'd rather have.

Wyness told evertonfc.com: "We have had no offer from any club with regard to Andrew Johnson - nor would we welcome any.

"Whilst I feel certain there will be many Premiership clubs who will covet a player of Andrew's skills and abilities, he is an Everton player and, as he made perfectly clear on several occasions last season, he is very happy to be an Everton player.

"I spoke to West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson at last week's Premier League meeting and we discussed the rumours about Andy Johnson. He told me the stories were absolute rubbish and they were not planning a bid.

"I also spoke to Andy's agent and he reassured me that Andrew is completely happy at Everton. It's just the usual summer madness.

"The same story also suggested we are struggling to raise funds to buy certain players which is also completely wide of the mark."