IGNORED

Dm Tries To Get Shaun Wrightphilips

just seen this in the daily mirror that moyes tried to bring in shaun wrightphilips on loan till the end of the season however mourinho doesnt want anyone leaving chelsea and wants wrightphilips to fight for his place

what a top capture that would have been ;)

That would have been great and Chelsea are bring in that Manchie guy as well you would have thought that SWP would want to play as much as poss with the world cup next year and maybe go out on loan.

IF he did it would be Man City I think but would have been good

Nice post to read this morning - as late last night after watching football first, I was thinking to myself that with the World Cup coming up and SWP basically only a bench warmer at Chelsea, if a cheeky loan bid would be worth a punt.

He is a loan signing that I am sure every Everton fan would love to see at the club. A long shot, but I am sure SWP would be desperate to ensure he plays enough football between now and May to make sure he is right up there in Svens thoughts.

Guest fozzie22
Nice post to read this morning - as late last night after watching football first, I was thinking to myself that with the World Cup coming up and SWP basically only a bench warmer at Chelsea, if a cheeky loan bid would be worth a punt.

He is a loan signing that I am sure every Everton fan would love to see at the club. A long shot, but I am sure SWP would be desperate to ensure he plays enough football between now and May to make sure he is right up there in Svens thoughts.

So desperate as to take the chelsea coin last summer??

Surely he must have known he would have been nothing more than a bit part player at chelsea..a move that puzzled me then as it does now tbh.

Edited by fozzie22

So desperate as to take the chelsea coin last summer??

Surely he must have known he would have been nothing more than a bit part player at chelsea..a move that puzzled me then as it does now tbh.

It is a sad reflection on modern day football I am afraid, the coin rules.

When you consider the quality of SWP and other top players like him, you would see them doing there thing every week on MotD, but alas the richer clubs are basically able to pay daft money to all the top players and many do end up on benches, when they would be the star player at most other premiership clubs. A lot of decent careers are being wasted as bit part players on to club benches. Scott Parker basically wasted 18months of his playing career at Chelsea.

Thats why our league is so top heavy. three or four clubs are able to pay stupid transfer fees and crazy wages. and the rest of league all battle it out for the other £1M - £5M players.

So difficult for our size clubs to build real quality squads when the likes of Parker, Lampard, Joe Cole, SWP, Rooney, Wayne Bridge, Alan Smith, Saha, Sissoko, the list is endless, all gravitate to three or four clubs.

In days gone by a lot of clubs would have at least one class player on there books (generally one or two top clubs just couldn't afford them all), but know a young player shows a bit of class and he is straight on the books of a big club, no stepping stone intermediate club, to play football - straight to a big club, just in case he is going to be massive.

Trouble is put a 20 year old on £50,000+ and he is not going to want to move 'down' to £25,000 weeks when finds he isn't able to get in to the first 11.

Fanny Jeffers should serve as a warning to a lot of young players of how to go from a hero to zero. Possibley now a totally wasted football career.

And when you look at it the players that are normally being snapped up by the big boys and sitting on the bench purely cos they don't want anyone else to have them are english.

The 2 mentioned of SWP and Parker. If they stay(had stayed) at Chelsea and only play bit parts what will the England midfield be like when the likes of Beckham, Lampard retire????????

To be honest its this type of thing that is starting to put me off football a bit.

To a extent the glory days of football have well and truly gone.

You look at how many teams won the League/FA Cup/League Cup/Did well in Europe between the mid sixties to the mid Eighties (20 years). If you had a good manager and he bought wisley (not just all the best player available) he could have a decent chance to deliver a piece silverware or two , I am not just talking Everton, I am talking almost any team. Compare that next 20 years (mid eighties to now).

Since 1992 Everton are the only non top 4 team to win the FA cup, all the other 14 cups have be shared by Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Its not a level playing feild at all to be honest.

Will Everton EVER win the League again - not if the current status que remains.

How would we ever win it again - It doesn't matter now many world class home grown youngsters come though, they will just be bought up. - A decent season playing well and again the best players will be bought (al la Gravs).

In a way it good that Cahill hasn't played as well the first half of this season as he did last, because his head could be turned by a triple your money deal offered by one of the big spenders.

The only way we could compeate is that if some suger daddy comes in and we spend spend spend our way to glory. But somehow, doing it that way just doesn't seem right and to me would not be same as building a squad like in the good old days of a reasonabley level playing feild.

Last years 4th spot (a reflection that 4th spot is deemed such a great achievment in modern football) did bring me a lot of joy, mainly down to the fact that is was done the 'old fashion way'. but without pumping lots and lots of money in, these sorts of 'acheivments' are always going to be few and far between, not just for EFC, but 80 -90% of league clubs in the country.

£20m+ SWP is the perfect example of a bit part player at Chelsea, who would be a hero at almost every other club.

So the real goal in the modern football world is to find somebody to throw money in to the club.

Guest fozzie22
To be honest its this type of thing that is starting to put me off football a bit.

To a extent the glory days of football have well and truly gone.

You look at how many teams won the League/FA Cup/League Cup/Did well in Europe between the mid sixties to the mid Eighties (20 years). If you had a good manager and he bought wisley (not just all the best player available) he could have a decent chance to deliver a piece  silverware or two , I am not just talking Everton, I am talking almost any team. Compare that next 20 years (mid eighties to now).

Since 1992 Everton are the only non top 4 team to win the FA cup, all the other 14 cups have be shared by Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Its not a level playing feild at all to be honest.

Will Everton EVER win the League again - not if the current status que remains.

How would we ever win it again - It doesn't matter now many world class home grown youngsters come though, they will just be bought up. - A decent season  playing well and again the best players will be bought (al la Gravs).

In a way it good that Cahill hasn't played as well the first half of this season as he did last, because his head could be turned by a triple your money deal offered by one of the big spenders.

The only way we could compeate is that if some suger daddy comes in and we spend spend spend our way to glory. But somehow, doing it that way just doesn't seem right and to me would not be same as building a squad like in the good old days of a reasonabley level playing feild.

Last years 4th spot (a reflection that 4th spot is deemed such a great achievment in modern football) did bring me a lot of joy, mainly down to the fact that is was done the 'old fashion way'. but without pumping lots and lots of money in, these sorts of 'acheivments' are always going to be few and far between, not just for EFC, but 80 -90% of league clubs in the country.

£20m+ SWP is the perfect example of a bit part player at Chelsea, who would be a hero at almost every other club.

So the real goal in the modern football world is to find somebody to throw money in to the club.

A sad but very true statement Rob.

Unfortunatly, I do pray for the arse to fall out of football, no investment, all the hangers jump off the bandwagon and all the money gone, thats when things will level up. Now, theres just no chance. Look at what Swansea did (can't remember it myself), but didn't they go from the fourth div to winning the league

Guest fozzie22

Aye football as the game i knew and loved is long gone.

Its all about money now,nothing more,nothing less,theres no loyalty left in the game,every player has his eye on the next big payday,and frankly thats sad.

Football as a brand is in a unique postion,no moving clubs like the latest pop trends,no sir,you become a fan and stay one.

And the clubs repay this how?

By screwing every last penny out of us,shirts every summer,and all the other shite that goes with it.

Tis sad.

Aye football as the game i knew and loved is long gone.

Its all about money now,nothing more,nothing less,theres no loyalty left in the game,every player has his eye on the next big payday,and frankly thats sad.

Football as a brand is in a unique postion,no moving clubs like the latest pop trends,no sir,you become a fan and stay one.

And the clubs repay this how?

By screwing every last penny out of us,shirts every summer,and all the other shite that goes with it.

Tis sad.

Very true Fozzie,

And as I said on the other posts, a lot of the money in the game is so heavily slanted to the top 3 or 4 clubs, that clubs like our have to put ourselves at huge finacial risk just to hang on to their tails.

And for a club like ours and the majority of clubs like us, it is the fans that have to be 'squeezed' to produce these revenue streams to keep the clubs paying the wages, for what in the main is pretty ordinary football (and that is not just Everton).

Looks like Birmingham are going to be parting with around £1M in wages for Chris Sutton in 6 months. Thats 40,000 fans parting with £25 each to cover that.

But what do you do? Boycott and its only one club that would end up suffering.

With further evidence being look what happens when you manage to produce something special out of your own back streets.

One time in football a team would have been built around such talents.

The modern Vulchers dictate this is no more.

Inc our own painfull experience. Consider players of other clubs in or of a similar ilk to our own's that are sitting on the bench or not playing @ the vultures of this world. (SWP as mentiones in another thread is another to mind)

Meanwhile an overinflated market is created for the rest of us to survive in with a marginal cut of the $$$ in the sport.

This added to the aforemtioned ex points within this thread leaves but only cause for concern's?

Sad.

Guest fozzie22

I've said it before but there should be a salary cap and transfer cap in place in world football..

Hell in the capital country of capatlist countries the good ole US they manage to keep the clubs of whatever sport on an even keel.

Surely someone must be able to stop the rot before its too late

i agree with nearly everything posted about football being ruinind by money, i like seeing great players playin the prem but not for them same team, what chelsea have done really is buy the title. Look at arsenal when they were unbeatable, most of there team were bought from youngsters or were cheaply bought no over-the-top spending(e.g. campbell on a free and henry for £8 mil)