IGNORED

Princess Diana Documentary...

fcssl

Should Channel 4 show the last images of Princess Diana?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should Channel 4 show the last images of Princess Diana?

• Yes - it does not really matter, or, I dont care...
    • Yes - they are readily available on the internet anyway
    • No - it is a bit distasteful...
    • No - as it goes against her families wishes...

Channel 4 is to air a documentary on Wednesday 6th June 2007 showing images of doctors attending a dying Princess Diana. Despite a letter sent to Channel 4 on behalf of her two sons, Channel 4 have said they wills still go ahead with the broadcast as it is in the public interest.

In any case, I have attached one of the pictures for your opinion. What do you think?

I didn't bother looking at the piccies Andy, by my way of protest (not against you though mate). How would any of us like images of dying loved ones bandied around on national TV?.

This is not in the public interest, it is in the interest of cheaply boosting ratings through a cheap and shabby trick.

ATB

Mac

No I understand Mac. That is the reason why I attached them rather than posting a direct img link which would be automatically displayed.

I personally am not that interested in whether it is aired or not, however I have to agree considering that I lost a close friend as a result of a car accident around the same time, I would be really upset if the photographs of his last moments were published on the internet and broadcast on television.

What I will say, is that Channel 4 are becoming prolific in stirring the media up for free advertising, another example of this is Celebrity Big Brother with the Shilpa Shetty racism issue.

Who said "there is no such thing as bad publicity"?, they had it spot on.

I can't see how this "documentary" will raise the nation's awareness of the issues surrounding the death of Diana.

This is not to say I am a big fan of the Royals, but I do hold the right to respect individuals feelings(i.e. The Prince's).

ATB

Mac

Apparently though they're not showing any photos that have not already been published by tabloid press, so I'm a bit unsure as to why there's such an outcry. However I do think that the paparazzi that stood and took photos of people dying need their testicles removed. Just wish a line could be drawn under the whole tragic business personally.

Although the pictures have already been published in some of the tabloid press, I am not sure whether they have been pubished in the english tabloid press. I am sure that I remember one of the tabloid papers were intendingon publishing them, however due to an outcry back then, they thought better of it and they said they wouldn't print them.

Again, I'm probably wrong though?

:)

this is exactly what they are planning on doing tonight, apparently Diana's face has been blurred out...

I'm almost pleased that I will be missing this as I am footy training tonight...otherwise I would probably have been sucked in with all the media hype...although, my other half will probably record it on Sky+.

:)