IGNORED

Isnt It A Bit Worrying Peeps! Look

just thought id make a topic on transfers, im thinking and am sure there are more people than me that also agree, we have been talking about transfers we would like to see since february and everyone that posted came up with roughly the same people, since we qualified for uefa we all agreed we needed a bigger squad but look at this, now it worries me when we could ov moved for them as they would enhnce the squad but we av lost out on them does it concer anyone cause it certainly concerns me we could have saved millions on gettin 3 of these 4

people linked and or we wanted

distin - signed for pompey

viduka - almost to newcastle

barton - almost newcastle

bramble- signed for wigan not always 100% but would have done as cover

what you think peeps surely we av to move quickly for player if we want them

i reckon saviola would be worth a shot hes avaliable for fuck all so offer him 50 grand a week ad reckon he wud come to us save us 5 mill on nugent

Everton will not break their wage structure for anyone, and if we did then Arteta, Cahill, Johnson would all want a wage rise as well. Manure are after Saviola anyway.

I think that sooner or later Everton will have to break their pay structure in order to a) keep our best players at the club, and B) to encourage other's to join to. However, this probably not happen for a good while yet until we have either a good amount in to pot, or we have been taken over by a multi-billionaire

I can see what you are trying to say but my issue is the kind of players we are being linked with, in my opinion there is nobody yet linked with us that you could say he will defo improve us as a team it seems we are just being linked with so called squad players. Koumas for me is another Mcfadden , nuggent i am unsure about yet, and so on. But what im trying to say is that i have yet to get excited about anybody we have being linked with,

Distin i would have liked but again as a squad player

Am i being to optimistic lads? is a top standard player or two out of our reach, is our wage structure affecting this.?

Distin - wanted over £40k a week.

Viduka - could have been a decent signing, good scoring record.

Barton - in of the opinon he is quality, and im gutted we've missed out on him.

Bramble - i hope you are takin the piss with that one!

Irish said ....... Am i being to optimistic lads? is a top standard player or two out of our reach, is our wage structure affecting this.?

We seem to be doing alright without a millionaire takeover, and there's nowt wrong with buying the best of the championship players.

Lescott, Johnson, Cahill, came from the lower leagues, Arteta came from a mickey mouse league in scotland, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan and Annichebe have cost us fook all so its not all doom and gloom, i agree we need to step up a gear but the extra tv money will give players a wage rise, we just need to be Vigilante and pick up these players early ( Nugent, Ashton, Jagielka) before their transfer fees treble.

For the money we paid out on Beattie, we could have had all 3 of those players 2 years ago.

we'll be stuck with buying championship players forever, if we don't alter the wage structure sooner or later

Well as long as they turn out like Cahill and Lescott...they will do for me!There are good

players down there with plenty to prove.We've managed to get ourselves into a decent

position at the moment.Let Newcastle fill their team with mega greedy players..Barton will

soon sort them out on the training ground.

Chelsea is full of rich mega star players!.....but for two lucky strikes at Goodison we would have beaten them....and at their place a cost nothing striker(Vaughan)nearly pissed

them off!

It's not always money that wins games!

we did mark, he was signed as xabis replacement and didnt break into the squad

viduka wudda been good and barton perhaps but im not worried yet

also we used to have jagielka, so shduda cost us nothing, i never understand letting young players go that are decent, not as if they get paid much, just send them on loan or hang round for a year or 2

Was'nt Arteta at Rangers before we took him on loan with the option to buy, and Davey Nearly sent him back to Spain cos he quibbled over the £2m fee. ??? I Could be wrong i suppose, i'm not perfect. :D:D

no it was over his wages

he wanted decent wages and we were propared to offer him like 20 quid a week and to keep the pen form signing the contract like

this is why now he wants a raise as he is on low wages

no it was over his wages

he wanted decent wages and we were propared to offer him like 20 quid a week and to keep the pen form signing the contract like

this is why now he wants a raise as he is on low wages

Jackelz mate it was deffo the money, Moyes wasn't prepared to offer what Sociedad wanted so he just sat tight and hoped for the best. Thats why it took so long for him to sign. Moyes even came out on the official site and said we're playing the waiting game now or something similar.

Jackelz mate it was deffo the money, Moyes wasn't prepared to offer what Sociedad wanted so he just sat tight and hoped for the best. Thats why it took so long for him to sign. Moyes even came out on the official site and said we're playing the waiting game now or something similar.

Thats the way I recall it

Viduka is reported to be on 60K a week at Noocastle, they'll never change. He can get to fook

Distain would want to be a fisrt choice CB without a doubt

LET US NOT FORGET we have not missed out on anyone. Officially none of these players were even on our shopping list and Im glad there not

Barton on the other hand I would have welcomed, but it is interesting that we have not even regisered an interest, maybe its down to wages, I think its more down to Davey not wanting to take the risk

from what i recall it was wages.

i thought they said he was askin along the lines of 40k, they told him to go back to sociedad and he changed his tune

lads i see aston villa are linked strongly to the likes of reo-coker and wesley sneijder from ajax. these i believe are the kind of players we should be interested in (although i know some of u's dont rate reo-coker) but the likes of sneijder is something we need to be looking at.

He is 23 so young, but being an international since the age of 18, and is now one of the first names on the dutch national team now. Plays on the wing (which we badly need) and scored 18 goals last year. valued at 7 - 8m. And i can tell you he would improve our team.

Are we not a better option for a player than aston villa? I hope i am all wrong about this and we are conducting some good business behide closed doors but still the names we are linked with are not exciting me at all. I know alot of you are going to point out last summer and the success we had getting championship players but i doubt we will find too many more joleon's and aj's.

Up until yesterday I was not really worried that although we are most prob doing stuff behind the sceenes we had not been properly lined with any players as such. I don't mean reports in the papers or on sky that we are someone i mean reports maybe from players agents saying that we are talking to a club or player or even stuff from Everton saying that offers have been made, however that changed yesterday when Barton almost sealed his move to the Skunks and Reo-Cooker looks like he is going to Villa and to a degree Parker to West Ham.

I don't expect Everton to come out and say that we have offered for this player and this player but what would be nice is something along the lines of 'we are in discussions with a few clubs and players about a move and we are confident of adding to the squad in the next days or weeeks or won't be til the end of the month'

I am still not sure on Barton I think he could be a good player and is only youngish but if DM does not want to take a risk on him then that is fine but he needs to make sure that he get Jag and also a few other players and quick.

The fixures come out in 8 days and then pre season most prob starts at the begining of July so that is now only just over 3 weeks away so not that long I would have thought and if looking at players like Nugent he needs to get something in place before the under 21 start and his prices rises even more.

Once again I find myself wishing that Everton would give us more information but maybe thats just wishfull thinking or maybe its not something any club would do anyway but I can't keep checking the interent every couple of hours to see if they have made an offer or if there is any news on the likes of Jag or Nugent

a bit too slow for me, players are starting to move around now and we are doing sweet fa as usual. i can't see who or what Moyes is waiting for? are we waiting for money? waiting to sell? someone needs to come out and say something at least.

please give me one reason why Everton Football Club Ltd need to tell us anything?

like most companies, business dealing should be kept quiet as possible until completed

maybe if we came out and said where getting such or such for X amount then someone like newcastle comes in, offers same amount and we all know they offer bigger wages and then they go there. personally i think no news is good news.