IGNORED

Martial Arts

Anyone do any?

I know nothing about the different types of martial art but I want to get into something, I'm looking for a high intensity, high contact whith an emphisis on sparing and actually having a go. I'd like to do something incorprating weapons training too when I get to a higher level and I cant be doing with the Karate style standing in a line punching fresh air type of training.

I'v got a long boxing background, nothing serious but I'v trained in boxing gyms since I was about 12, I'v done a bit of thai boxing too.

So does anyone play with the old contact sports or up on the ins and outs of the different diciplines out there??

OK You want action.......you want to use your boxing background.....something

more exciting than Judo and Karate.......Maybe you would consider on site training?

You say weapons would be a plus!.....Like travel?....Live near Liverpool?

Then why not travel abroad with the liverpool supporters club!.....that could be just

what your looking for!

Seriously though don't try Judo or Karate...there not for you!

AND WHEN YOU GET REALLY GOOD!.......REMEMBER Blue 250 was the only person to

offer help!

GOOD LUCK!

Posted this once before I think but anyway, I used to do this...

>>>Wu Shu Kwan<<<

There's a class at Liverpool Uni on Mondays, ticks all your boxes I think Liam although there was a certain amount of "punching fresh air" in the first section of the class.

Funny enough looking at the site now...if you look at the "Who's who" section, Peter Maxwell, the guy who used to train me is there....I was in the first ever class he taught after getting his black belt (he was a mate of my brothers). Lucky bastards living in Cyprus.

Anyone do any?

I know nothing about the different types of martial art but I want to get into something, I'm looking for a high intensity, high contact whith an emphisis on sparing and actually having a go. I'd like to do something incorprating weapons training too when I get to a higher level and I cant be doing with the Karate style standing in a line punching fresh air type of training

Join the Army Liam its a good life and well paid these days, if you've got anything in you They'll bring it out.

Liam,

Disregard the political issues mate, thats for the "Top Brass" to worry about, its all about you applying for and being accepted to do a job.

The training and assistance you recieve will be the best anyone can offer, you will get free board and lodgings, the best nutritional food fed to you 3 times a day, you will travel the world to places you've never been to, and if you have have any sporting tendencies in you, they will focus on it and make you as good at it as you can hope to be, cos they will want you to represent the Squad, wether it be at Football, Boxing, Rugby, Sailing, Kung Foo, or even Ballroom Dancing.

I'm not saying you are a Boy, but you will become a man in every sense of the word, with an air of respect, extremely confident, and you will be as fit and healthy as you have ever been or will ever be, its a marvellous job these days with an extremely good pension to finish off with.

My biggest regret is that i didnt stay in for 21 years, i would have been a rich man now.

I would advise any young men these days to Go for it, its a very exciting life, with none of the worries about the mundane 9 to 5 jobs out in civvy life.

Bill.

very well advertised bill better than those army adverts. but i remember my cadet times i hated it. i hated all that stuff. i dont like to be the person to erase all individuality and fall in line like the next person. and if i couldnt cope at cadet level what chance do i have with the regular army.

Edited by thebluenose

You dont fall in line you are an individual, you have to say to yourself i want to be better at this job than anybody else here.

The basic training is only for 16 weeks (Might be less nowadays 12 weeks maybe), and they will push you to your limit, which they have to do to sort the men from the Boys, cos dont forget they are trying to make you into a Lean Mean fighting Machine.

I dont want to be standing in the trenches with somebody who goes to pieces at the first sign of any trouble, or when things get a bit tough, those are the sort of people they have to weed out.

Once the training is over and you did well enough to get through it (Passing out Parade) you can call yourself a Soldier. Life begins then, its plain sailing after that unless WW3 breaks out of course.

Any of you young Students going to be doing a 9 to 5 Office job for the next 10 years just to pay off your student loans, should think seriously about what Quality of life you will have. Probs be in Debt for the rest of your life.

Join the Army Liam its a good life and well paid these days, if you've got anything in you They'll bring it out.

It is just a shame fuckers want to shoot at you. Take my advice, I am a basket case because of what I have done, Avoid it L.

ATB

Mac

You promised to serve your Queen and defend your Country Jon, if you did that there is no reason to feel any remorse.

If you hadnt done it to them they would have done it to you, alls fair in Love and War.

PS ....... I did say its a good life unless WW3 breaks out, but that not likely is it.