IGNORED

Vote For Mcfudge

come back with an opinion please mike

Average ;) . The thing with Faddy's goal was that we were about (in my mind at least and I'm sure in many others) to throw away Europe...although I realise that's irrevlevant in judging the quality of the goal.

Scholes was a one in a hundred or maybe more, he could keep trying for days and not do it again therefore by defenition there was a huge slice of luck involved.

McFudge's was a thing of beauty because his thought process, in a split second in the last moments of potentially the most vital match we'd played for years was, "Hit the fucker....no wait, that defender will block it, I'll just dink it over his head and smash it into the corner, no problem."

Scholes thought process was "Grunt...kick ball."

I rest my case.

Anytime i would say McFudge goal is better. Not just because i am an Evertonian but due to the fact that there are plenty of such long range goal throughout the season...but rarely we see a player who had created a goal with sublime technique like what fudge did eventhough it was near the dying seconds of the game...He did not blast the ball in but had the nerve to outsmart his opponent with that flick and completed with a fine finish....

mike - i think you are doin scholes an injustice, hes consistantly scorewd these type of goals throu his career

...in which case it's common as shit and in no way deserving of goal of the season :D . Seen hundreds of goals of that type; extremely few (in fact I can think of none) similar to the wee Scotsman's moment of genius.

(Incidentally looks like the unwashed masses agree with me StevO ;) , he's moved from sixth place up to second behind van Penis....vote for McFudge people, you know it makes sense!)

Edited by MikeO

As much as I dislike McFadden eratic performances, his goal for me was spectacular and should win the award. The skill to dink it over the defender before he volleyed it places it over the competition, I never get tired of seeing it. If it had been scored by Rooney or Henry we'd never hear the end of it.

I'm amazed to be honest. So many people voting (as we did...well most of us, you know who you are StevO & Bill :angry: ) for their own club and us evolved Evertonians just a small (but significant) minority. Shows true judgement, seeing past the spectacular, but often speculative, long shots to a moment of pure genius. Like BlueTrip said, if it had been scored by Rooney or Henry the media would have been creaming their pants for weeks and Leonardo would have chosen it as the BBC's GOTS as well instead of Rooneys' trip...sorry, chip :D .

First time in my life I've witnessed a GOTS live :D . Wonder how the hundreds (if not thousands) of Blues who left Goodison in disgust after Charlton's equalizer are feeling now :suicide_anim: . Keep the faith next time lads!