IGNORED

Riquelme Comin To Everton?

Theres a rumour that has just begun to do the rounds that Moyes has been in contact with Riquelme with a view to a move to Goodsion Park form Villareal.

If this is the truth that would be a major step in the right direction. He's got undoubted skill and a fantastic left foot.

This would make my day!

Edited by Leadline

He's fallen out with Villarreal supposedly and has gone on loan to Boca Juniors, so not totally unbelievable I suppose. Wages might be an issue though I wouldn't have thought Villarreal are huge payers. More likely to go to a "bigger" club I'd have thought. Quality player no doubt.

i have heard this rumour from 3 different people today one is my mate who is travelling south america he just sent me a text to tell me and apperently its in some of the papers there he had already helds talks with moyes, says he was really impressed with the supporters when we played villerael in the champions league games

i have heard this rumour from 3 different people today one is my mate who is travelling south america he just sent me a text to tell me and apperently its in some of the papers there he had already helds talks with moyes, says he was really impressed with the supporters when we played villerael in the champions league games

Everyone loves us blues :D

That would be one sexy signing in my opinion. He turns 29 this month, so still a good 2-3 year in him.

Has been at Boco Juniors since Feb becasue of a fall out at Villareal. So I would guess a move away is on the cards this summer.

Moyes may have made and inquiry, but if anything did come of it and other clubs got a whiff of it - My guess is he would end up somewhere else. May be some truth in the rumour, but can't see him in an Everton shirt next season.

Dont think wages would be a problem, Was'nt he on loan at Middlesborough. ????

No offence but i nearly fell off my seat when i read that! :lol:

But in answer to your question - No :)

World class player, one of the best at last summers world cup. Him and Arteta like to play the same way, both playmakers so that would be amazing if we could get anthoer world class playermaker to partner Mikel.

Very nice Rumour...very pleasing to the ears and wonder if it would be pleasing to the eyes in future.....is there any nick to the source of this rumour or are we gonna have someone who says "BK is my friend...over a cup of coffee he told me that we are gonna get this player and that player and the other player!"???

doubt we would get both Manny and Riquelme. Unless we signed one and loaned the other. AHHHH perfect idea if we got both!

RM - Arteta

LM - Riquelme (can play there, like arteta better in the middle)

CM - Manny (pushing back and tackleing)

AM - Cahill (support for the strikers)

He went there because he used to play for them

Not disputin that, just that if a CL club wanted him on their books he'd go there straight away? my point was that he went to Boca so theres always a chance

Edited by Leadline

No offence but i nearly fell off my seat when i read that! :lol:

But in answer to your question - No :)

World class player, one of the best at last summers world cup. Him and Arteta like to play the same way, both playmakers so that would be amazing if we could get anthoer world class playermaker to partner Mikel.

Who's the foriegn midfielder they had last season. ??? Must be mistaking him for somebody else. :rolleyes:

Stiil no problem with wages, the prem is the highest paid league in the world now.

please oh please god let this rumour be true, this has to be the only rumour so far that has made me all warm and fuzzy inside. hes better than most of our squad, plus with him at training hopefully arteta and fernandes (if we get him) can learn a thing or two from him. oh please moyesee.

Good read, makes you think is he worth signing, if he is bring emotional and personal problems with him and wants everything his way is it worth it?

No question the lad is brilliant, one of the very best in the world, but with those sort of things you have to look into it, will he be like that here? Will he demand stuff? Will he decided when he wants to train / play?

Not in my life time will i ever like a player at our club who would do all those, regardless of the skill and the improvement he can give us.

Maybe this is why Manure never signed him last summer.

Here's an article from the Guardian a few months ago on his fallout with Villareal. If even half of what it says in here is true, then I don't know if I'd want him on our team, superb talent or not.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continental...1996215,00.html

Good post JD, puts things in to perspective a little -

I was suprised when I looked that he was only just about to turn 29 - becasue I did have him down as a has -been, type of signing when I first saw the post - mainly down to the fact I knew Villareal had loaned him to Boca.

Quick somebody make sure Moyes and the rest at Goodison get a copy of that article or we could have another Kroldroup on our hands

doubt we would get both Manny and Riquelme. Unless we signed one and loaned the other. AHHHH perfect idea if we got both!

RM - Arteta

LM - Riquelme (can play there, like arteta better in the middle)

CM - Manny (pushing back and tackleing)

AM - Cahill (support for the strikers)

Great Midfield that would be

Boca Juniors want to keep midfielder Juan Roman Riquleme beyond his current stay, which finishes in June.

The former Barcelona midfielder joined Boca on loan from Villarreal in February after clashing with boss Manuel Pellegrini. His fall from favour at the club came as a surprise to many after starring for the Yellow Submarines in their most successful period to date.

But an indifferent World Cup was followed by an alleged change in attitude this season and the player - who was linked with a move to Manchester United two seasons ago - has been farmed out to the club where he made his name in the late 1990's.

Boca vice president Pedro Pomplio wants to keep him, however, eyeing a permanent deal for the summer.

"The signing (of Riquelme) is a possibility that we are considering and we will do everything in our power to realise this," Pompilio said, although conceded that the wages he is paid by Villarreal could be a stumbling block.

"If Roman understands the economic situation, we will try to keep him and help him continue his career here," he continued.

"From what we have seen already, it pains me to think that Riquelme could be packing his bags at the end of the Clausura."

Source: http://cario.eurosport.fr/football/sport_sto1099568.shtml