IGNORED

Help With Wireless

KillaGTiR

i have just gone wireless here... now the thing is i have the laptop and computer working over the internet that part is fine but i cant get them to see each other... any help would be great... i have run the home networking setup and it has done nothing... laptop is running vista and the computer is running xp2

i have just gone wireless here... now the thing is i have the laptop and computer working over the internet that part is fine but i cant get them to see each other... any help would be great... i have run the home networking setup and it has done nothing... laptop is running vista and the computer is running xp2

what do you mean by that part? I;m not quite sure what you mean there, i might be able to help.

Hello KillaGTir!.....Were wireless and my sons gota laptop.He does things between the

two.Spotted this post a bit late he's in bed!......Will get him to post anything he knows

about your problem when he gets home from school tomorrow.

ME!......Don't have a friggin clue,sorry!....Everton and eBay is all I can manage!

hello mate, i just got home from school. dad said you wanted some help with your wireless. from what I've read you want to transfer stuff (pictures, vids....ect). Even though they are both on wireless internet. As far as I'm awear you can't do it over the intrnet, even with them in the same house. There are a few ways you can do it. All with varying prices. You can buy two bluetooth transmiters from somewhere like PC World. You plug them into a USB slot and follow the instructions. Its very easy but most bluetooth tranmiters are over £20. You could do the same with infra red. It almost the same concenpt and less money but its slower. However if its a new laptop it may all ready have infra red built in. The other way you could do it would be to use a USB memory stick. This again plugs into the USB drive. You save what ever you want to transfer onto it and then plug it into the laptop, open the files and re-save them. Hope this helps. If you want anymore help let me know!

James.