IGNORED

Ferrari Says "everton Is Very Special To Me"....

xsaint

Matteo Ferrari has spoken about his time at Everton, and how important it has been to his development, despite only playing a handful of games and never managing to hold down a first team place during his loan spell at Goodison.

He told Evertonfc.com "I have been playing a lot of football but I have to say that my time at Everton was a very important experience for me. I experienced football in a different country at a very good club but, unfortunately, it wasn't everything I wanted it to be thanks to the two serious injuries I had. Those injuries meant I wasn't able to enjoy the experience fully.

"I still speak to a few of the players but I have many friends at Everton. The club is one that I think is very special and I believe they can do very well this season. I am grateful to be able to wish them all the best and it would be nice if we both met in Europe next season.

"I would have loved to have given my maximum contribution to the Everton cause - it wasn't the case that during my time in England I was thinking about coming back to Italy. I just wanted to focus on the football.

"I found at Everton a club that was like a family and I felt very welcome and accepted from the first day.

"Everybody at the club helped me to get used to life in England and the players were great helping me when I was injured.

Source: http://www.nsno.co.uk/comment.php?comment.news.2185

hint Hint....I do not mind having him back with us...he looked solid!

haha if this came off i would be made up, Ferrari is a quality centerhalf, the last game I can remember him playing was Arsenal and he made Henry look shite.

would be a heck of a defense if we get him but I got told he fell out with moyes so that must have been crap.

in all honesty...from what i saw of ferrari, he was one of the best defenders i've seen at Goodison in recent years... he was quick and he was hard (very hard) in the tackle... jsut awesoem he looked for me... i'll always remember when we played spurs at home and got beat and played shockingly....ferrari put lennon into the stands with the cleanest yet roughest tackle i've ever seen...ball then man, and lennon fuckin flew...great moment

Ferrari was a class act. His splits against Chelsea are still mind tho. I remember sayin at the time that we sud av signed god knows why we did'nt im sick of letting good players go when west ham are buyin everyone in sight cockney bastards hope they get relegated.

Hmm. few sour grapes haha!

Edited by Leadline

Ferrari was a class act. His splits against Chelsea are still mind tho. I remember sayin at the time that we sud av signed god knows why we did'nt im sick of letting good players go when west ham are buyin everyone in sight cockney bastards hope they get relegated.

Hmm. few sour grapes haha!

lol not everyone, they agreed £16m for Bent and bent said no! Hahahahahaha...

oops!! i realised the date on the article was back dated long ago!! Then again i would love him back...why on hell didn't Moyes make the loan into a permanent deal? only god knows!!! :(

there was talk he was the highest paid player at the club, apparently on near £60k a week