IGNORED

Slow Summer

I wonder whether Moyesey had a pretty good idea that when he said that there prob wouldn't be any quick transfers like last year's transfer window, he knew that the market would be massively over-priced as per the value of Darren Bent. Also if his targets were Nugent, Baines - then they are both on U21 duty and starting any offer process whilst they are away givs other clubs the chance to get into the game.

If Davey was trying to get Joey Barton and he was, then he and Bill made a good decision when talk of doubling his wages began. We don't pay anyone more than 40 and to bring Barton in on 50 plus would have been really bad for the dressing room which is so important to our team.

I think we will get Jagielka after Monday and he will be an excellent signing, fitting in well to the team and providing us with good cover and options at the back and in central mid.

After that and the U21s are done, then I think you will see us trying to get Baines and Nugent at reasonable prices - Baines 3 mill and Nugent 5 mill. Nugent can after all play out his last year and sign for us next year for nothing or at Christmas for half the price that is being asked now. Also think Davey is interested in Koumas at the right price which is prob about 4 mill as he will give him some answers and creativity on the left side.

I also think Davey will want another midfield player as he has let Kilbane, Davies go and brought effectively nobody in. Also Shandy Andy will leave so he needs more cover. Not sure who else he might look at to cover the additional midfielder maybe Tonge again or even Sean Davis as both appear to be available at the right price which would be between 2 and 3 mill each.

As a wildcard - maybe we could get Riquelme from Villarreal, he's on loan back to Argentina and couldn't hold down a place in Spain last year. Maybe a season long loan - there is no news about him linking him with anybody.

Hopefully Davey is playing the market the right way - we don't want to pay way over the odds for average players - we need the right types of players for Everton.

Jason

I'm with you on this one. I'm nottoo fussed how long the 'sagas' last as long as we getthe right plyers in the end

Jagielka, Baines and Nugent would all be good signings for us I think- Although we don't want to be paying way too much like other clubs are!

As you mentioned, we also need some half decent wingers! I think we really missed out by letting Tuncay go to middlesbrough, the only problem maybe being wages. We have been linked with Downing today, who I think would be good but 10 million has been mentioned which I thinks a little too much.

Guest blueboy122

It really has been a slow summer hasnt it! Maybe we are over reacting because we were so excited at the end of last season with us qualifying for europe again and being linked to every player maybe i dont no but we have certainly got time on our side for once there is plenty of time to bring in new signings but i also would have ideally liked them to be in for pre-season.

Anyway i think we will be signing this season: david nugent

leighton baines

Phil jagielka

K.ricahrdson

I am really confident that these people will be wearing an everton shirt next season. i think we are in for a tough but succsesful season next season i meen by this like there will be alot of games for us to play and we may slip up from time to time just because the players wil be absoulty nackerd. but i think we will finish 6th/5th again am sure moyes has learned from are last euro quest. i also expect the signings to come all at the same time not four at the same time but like 1/2 per week.

o ye forgot!! i have a sneaky feeling manuel fernandes will sign on another loan period for 12 months and at the end of the season providing he does well we will sign him for 7 million

replace KR with downing and i think your spot on

all english :) good stuff! makes me happy!

Forgot about Alan Smith, he's linked in the papers today ! If Moysey thinks Nugent's price is too high, he might look at Smith at around 3mill. He has made a few calls to Ferguson about him over the past 3 years and if the price works - he may go for him. I think he would be a good addition instead of Beattie and would be a def improvement.

Richardson - I don't rate him. Never seen him have a good game yet - would rather look at better players.

Downing - Not worth 10 mill but if the price was right then he would fit what we need. Boro have a good young player behind him - plays the same position on the left so they may let him go. Wouldn't pay more than 5 mill.

Jason

I know this sounds pretty bad but if liverpool release harry kewell maybe we should get him. I know his injury prone but that was because he was rushed into the team when he was only half prepared. Now that he is fully fit i reckon he could recapture some of his old form that he had at Leeds. Only problem is that he demands a high wage but i reckon his worth it for the right price

Guest blueboy122

to be honest i dont rate downing at all. i would much prefer ricahrdson. plus y wud boro sell for 5 million? they dont need to sell