IGNORED

David Moyes Has Agreed A £2m Fee For Manchester United

The Blues boss has been given permission to speak to the 21 year old and contract negotiations are believed to be under way for the right back.

Having had loan spells at Royal Antwerp, Burnley, Rangers, and more recently, Aston Villa, Bardsley is clearly not part of Manchester United's plans, and will be relishing the chance to get some permanent first team action.

Having started his career as a central defender, he will have the required versatility factor that Moyes looks for in his players, while still giving Tony Hibbert a run for his money at right-back.

good to see dm is looking at young players i hope they all end up molding together to become a good unit

Edited by KillaGTiR

Found this on Wikpaedia ....... Right Back. :o

On 17 October 2006, it was reported that Bardsley was involved in a training ground disagreement with manager Paul Le Guen and his future at Rangers appeared to be in doubt. [1]

Indeed Bardsley failed to play for Rangers again and returned to Manchester United in December 2006[2].

On 8 January 2007 Bardsley joined Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season, playing his first Premiership game against Watford on January 20[3] . It was announced on the May 1 that Bardsley would be returning to Manchester United when his loan deal with Villa runs out because Martin O'Neill did not want to make the move permanent.

Cant see the sense behind this deal, we have Neville who can cover for Hibbert, and this would suggest to me that the Jagielka deal is not all done and dusted cos he can also play right back. :angry:

I know its only two Million, but it seems we are just accepting Man utds cast offs in place of any Rooney money.

Why the fook didnt he go after somebody who can play on the left, thats where we need to boost the squad.

I'm totally bemused at DMs thinking on this one, its a completely unnecessary signing :huh:

I agree Licker if the Jag deal is going to happen it will mean that as you said have Jag, Neville and Hibbo for right back. It could also mean that DM is not happy with Hibbo at right back.

Would rather spend the £2m towards Manny if Jag is going to be joining.

Look we moan for days of no action then a bit of paper talk on a possible move and we grab hold and start monanig :lol:

Proberbly not the best move at all but consider the Jagielka deal may well collapse and maybe Davey is just covering his options. We don't know what else is going on behind the scenes and after last season I believewe wont until the signings have a scarf, cheesy grin and Moyes right hand clasped in a handshake.

In Moyes I trust and if BK stumps up the cash we will sign a couple of decent players!

Was just going to say the same thing Stevo that I just read that DM is on holiday this week.

Don't worry I am sure he has left BK in charge of contract talks with protential new signnings like Riquilme.

Just think of that meating.

R: I would like to join your club a fee has been agreed and all I want is 15k per week.

BK: Sory we are only prepared to go as high as 14.5k per week. Deal off

Plus also Beardsly aent has denied it all today anyway

Edited by Adam

wow 2m for Man Utd, thats a damn good price. at least we won't have a small squad anymore. I take back any criticism of moyes in the transfer window this has to be the best transfer ever....

:P:D:P

Well I thought it was funny Jamie :D . Thought the same thing B) .

This deal has been denied by the agent!!

Agent blasts talk of Bardsley move

Phil Bardsley's agent has rubbished reports that the Manchester United defender is on the verge of signing for Everton.

The Sun newspaper claimed the Toffees had agreed a £2million deal with United for the versatile defender, but Bardsley's representative Des Wroe insisted the report was well wide of the mark.

Wroe said: "I don't know where this has come from.

"The same story has appeared in the papers for weeks now but it is complete nonsense."

The 21-year-old started last season on loan at Rangers but the move turned sour after a bust-up with boss Paul Le Guen.

He then moved back to the Premier League in January with Aston Villa but the club rejected the chance to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2428856,00.html :(

This deal has been denied by the agent!!

Agent blasts talk of Bardsley move

Source: http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2428856,00.html :(

GOOOOOD!!!!

ive watched him alot[he is sh*te and i dont want nothing to do with him]

my manc mate just lafed at me when he found out this he know he is crap too

thank god if this one dont come off

we dont even need a right back anyways hibbo back to fitness nev in cover maybee jags if need be

bring in a left back

Edited by Jackelz

Id cry if we got him what a waste of 2 million, rightback is one of the only positions we have a few players to play there.

Im getting well pissed off, we havent been linked with a center mid since Jags and thats not his real position, I just hope Moyes doesnt play Neville center midfield next season.

When have we missed him, you could say that for carlsey more than Neville we play alot better when he isnt in our midfield we hit long balls alot less anyway, he is good at winning the ball ill give him that but if he plays centermid next season were not going to get far in Europe, he adds barley nothing to our team going forward, he does is give us 1 more player back against a good team but one less going up and getting assists and goals. Carsley can do that why have Neville as well its one or another for me and Id pick Carsley

Edited by Blue4Ever

When have we missed him, you could say that for carlsey more than Neville we play alot better when he isnt in our midfield we hit long balls alot less anyway, he is good at winning the ball ill give him that but if he plays centermid next season were not going to get far in Europe, he adds barley nothing to our team going forward, he does is give us 1 more player back against a good team but one less going up and getting assists and goals. Carsley can do that why have Neville as well its one or another for me and Id pick Carsley

so naive!

its all about attacking, and getting forwards, goals, assists, all the lovely stuff about the game!

football is a team game, neville is a team player, an organisor and an important part of our team unit, both on the field and off it. we are known for our team spirit, and it is known neville is a big part of that. keeping the lads organised on the pitch, and keeping them all friendly off it.

it takes more than the flaire of arteta and manny for us to win games.

take a look at the majority of our team, and most of our likely transfer targets.

hibbert, stubbs, yobo, lescott, neville, carsley, cahill, AJ, jags, nugent, baines, i could go on.

players who will always give their most for the team.

to quote Goal "the name on the front of the shirt is much more important than the name on the back"

so naive!

its all about attacking, and getting forwards, goals, assists, all the lovely stuff about the game!

football is a team game, neville is a team player, an organisor and an important part of our team unit, both on the field and off it. we are known for our team spirit, and it is known neville is a big part of that. keeping the lads organised on the pitch, and keeping them all friendly off it.

it takes more than the flaire of arteta and manny for us to win games.

take a look at the majority of our team, and most of our likely transfer targets.

hibbert, stubbs, yobo, lescott, neville, carsley, cahill, AJ, jags, nugent, baines, i could go on.

players who will always give their most for the team.

to quote Goal "the name on the front of the shirt is much more important than the name on the back"

Yer I do agree with what your saying but where would u have Neville in the team next season if were going 4-4-2?

would you play Neville over Cars? or do u like the negative side Play 4-5-1 and play both?

^ how can you say we only need to add to our squad, weve had a centerback playing fullback, I couldn't even say where ossie plays but it isnt left wing, We have Osman + Arteta our only wingers because VDM is probly back on the booze but some people seem to think he has a future here, what would happen if we lost Arteta for a month? who would we have + how would we create? The only position I dont think we need to develop is strikers and some people seem to think we need Nugent so bad. We need a left back + left winger to go strait into the team, we need other positions aswell but we dont really have any left sided players except Valente who is probly still injured now. I just pray Naysmith doesn't stay because he is not good enough for us simple as. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue4Ever

^ how can you say we only need to add to our squad, weve had a centerback playing fullback, I couldn't even say where ossie plays but it isnt left wing, We have Osman + Arteta our only wingers because VDM is probly back on the booze but some people seem to think he has a future here, what would happen if we lost Arteta for a month? who would we have + how would we create? The only position I dont think we need to develop is strikers and some people seem to think we need Nugent so bad. We need a left back + left winger to go strait into the team, we need other positions aswell but we dont really have any left sided players except Valente who is probly still injured now. I just pray Naysmith doesn't stay because he is not good enough for us simple as. :rolleyes:

:huh:

wat are you talking about ???

youve just backed me up if anything your going on about having a 11 man team then just give me a bunch of reasons why we need a in bigger squad ????

I disagree that our first team are in good shape.

The only positions that are in good shape in the first team are the following: Howard, Yobo, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and Johnson...and I'm quoting players because they're our best and have been asked to take on a variety of roles (with Howard an obvious exception) due to gaps in the rest of our first eleven.

I see these MAJOR problems going into Europe:

Our fullbacks offer nothing going forward, I actually groan every time I see a cross coming in from Hibbert, Neville, Naysmith etc. How many times did we change our right and left backs last season? Lescott filling in at LB is such a shame. He should be bossing that central area with Yobo.

Our wings are makeshift ones at best. Arteta, Osman, even McFadden. Again we have no width and in Europe that means one thing: going through the middle where they'll be strongest. Try and break an Italian or Spanish team down through the centre. You need to have Ronaldinho or Messi to accomplish that. (or Riquelme ;) )

Yes we've got AJ upfront. And then?

An underachieving centre forward whose heart is probably back in Southampton. A "scottish Rooney" (that still makes me laugh), whose heart is probably North of the border, and 2 promising teenagers who looked good in the Premiership but have no idea about top quality European defenders.

So I'd say our first 11 is VERY far from "good shape"!!!

To haul this back to the topic of this thread: Phil Bardsley? I saw him in action at Old Trafford when Blackburn went there 18 months ago and beat United 2-1 (a good friend took me along for free...and I won't turn down free tickets). He was invisible, in fact MGP made him look very ordinary for the 2nd goal. I doubt Bardsley'll even cause Hibbo any sleepless nights. It's just us accepting Man U castoffs instead of Rooney triggered payments...!!

I disagree that our first team are in good shape.

So I'd say our first 11 is VERY far from "good shape"!!!

done good enough to get us 6th place in the premiership an taking into acount how many times we were robbed blatanly we could have had champions league so if thats nout good enough for the money we spent what is ?

of course we could do a liverpool every year and say were gonna win the league when were not

I dont think our starting XI are`as bad`as people are making out, in fact I would go as far as to say its pretty decent and just needs the odd tweek ie left back/left mid.

However I am very concernd as to the state of the squad . Seeing as though Moysey admitted the squad was too small last season I am a bit alarmed that we have let Wright Pistone Da Silva and Fernandes go and only brought in two teenage strikers . if the squad was too small last year its even worse ffor next year.

If there isnt a suuden influx of players soon I hope we go out of the UEfa cup in the first round or I fear that our league form will suffer

Yer I do agree with what your saying but where would u have Neville in the team next season if were going 4-4-2?

would you play Neville over Cars? or do u like the negative side Play 4-5-1 and play both?

451 for me, but ideally only one of cars or neville. as great a job cars does, id be happy for neville to play there.

but why do you call 451 negative?

it gives cahill the freedom to attack, and him and AJ are our 2best attacking players. 451 suits us, but we use it as a 442 as far as i'm concerned.