IGNORED

Man City/shinawatra

Not an economist (although I did do economics A level...didn't understand a word of it :unsure: ) but I'd have thought the value is in having the £60m debt wiped out....wish somone would do that with mine :( .

Yeah , have seen it quoted as an £81 million takeover, but He's been sent home to face fraud charges. :)

Thailand authorities are set to investigate the source of the funds behind Thaksin's offer.

But Keith Harris, executive chairman of Seymour Pierce Investment Bank, told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek programme: "The money to buy Man City is clean.

"It has been legitimately and transparently transferred to the UK."

Thaksin, who lodged a formal offer for City on 21 June, is facing corruption charges in Thailand over a property deal and has had £830m of his assets frozen.

And Thailand's finance minister Chalongphob Sussangkarn says there is also a 'mystery' over how Thaksin has funded his bid for City.

While he was prime minister, Thaksin was required by law to declare all his assets and, according to Chalongphob, he did not declare any foreign assets.

"So this money which would be used for Manchester City is still a mystery to Thailand," Chalongphob said.

"I am sure Thailand's Asset Examination Commission will look at the source of these funds and try to see whether they are legal funds that were taken out or by other means.

"If the deal for City goes ahead and the money paid they will try to look at it. We don't know yet how he is going to finance it. We won't know until the deal is finalised."

It'll end in tears I tell you. Shitty are playing with fire..."It has been legitimately and transparently transferred to the UK..." is all very good but where did it come from before that?

Edited by MikeO