IGNORED

( Rumourama ) Thoughts Please!

Seen as there is yet to be any big activity goin on with our club an a quite a few others, I've been wondering who exactly moyes will be fishing around for. I mean he did say at the end of the season that we are an attractive proposition for players with our current team an european quailification under our belt! So who do we need and how many??? sorry that this is obviously what all of us are thinkin but i cant see anyone actually jottin down their thoughts or hopes on potetnial targets! Well not in a positive manner anyway!! here's a few ive come up with that i think moyes should consider and that i think he might go for:

Baines - Wigan - 5 mil

Jaigelka - Sheff Utd - 6 mil

Taylor - P'mouth - 7mil

Richardson - Man U 2-3 mil

Fernandes - Benfica - Loan

Koumas - West Brom - 3-4 mil

Downing - Boro - 3mil + Beattie

Bentley - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Gravensen - Celtic - 1-2mil (Why not!!)

Barry Ferguson - Rangers - 6mil

Pedersen - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Nolan - Bolton - 4-5mil

Benayoun - W'Ham - 6mil

Nugent - Preston - Free in Jan No way 7mil !!

McCarthy - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Smith - Man U - 5mil

So what do ya reckon??? please give us some thoughts and your own ideas! I do think we've got the money an moyes has got the full support of the board an fans alike!! Next season is gonna be a big one an v.important in our history as a club! I think we should all try an stay positive an patient. No matter who signs for us the Goodison roar will always bring out the best in the boys in blue no matter who we play!! Awww Yeah!!!! B)

Also i think, if he stays, that Andy VD Meyde will come good! dunno why just got a weird hunch!! muhahahaha!!

Edited by Captain Johnson

Id like to think we would go in for

Manny - Loan

Koumas - About 4 Million?

Baines/Shorey - 4 Million?

Nugent - Free (but he has hinted he wont wait till then to move)

If all them or even the first 3 came to this club it would change our left side for the good.

I think they would be our best options if were a bit low on cash and with all of them we could start to make a very good squad and save the rest for a transfer for manny the season after.

Howard

Hibbo Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Cahill Fernandes Koumas

Johnson Vaughan/Nugent

I would be made up that to be our first 11 next season.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Well when you remember that over the last few seasons Moyes's biggest signings

haven't exactly turned out that well....Kroldrup,VDM,Beattie(wont include Richard

Wright,because he did help us achieve 4th place)....whilst his lesser signings ie

Cahill and Lescott have been excellent and the"boys" Vaughan and Anichebe have

also looked great prospects(and have cost nothing).....surely he(Moyes) is trying

to get it right!

If he buys Nugent(I think Vaughan will be as good with 6 months play behind him)

as it seems many Evertonians want....and he turns out crap as some Evertonians

think he will.....what then??

If he doesn't buy him and West Ham take him,and he scores 25 goals in his first

season.......Sack Moyes!!!

He's being cautious.....with our money,but signings there will be!

Baines - Wigan - 5 mil

Jaigelka - Sheff Utd - 6 mil

Taylor - P'mouth - 7mil

Richardson - Man U 2-3 mil

Fernandes - Benfica - Loan

Koumas - West Brom - 3-4 mil

Downing - Boro - 3mil + Beattie

Bentley - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Gravensen - Celtic - 1-2mil (Why not!!)

Barry Ferguson - Rangers - 6mil

Pedersen - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Nolan - Bolton - 4-5mil

Benayoun - W'Ham - 6mil

Nugent - Preston - Free in Jan No way 7mil !!

McCarthy - B'Burn - 2mil + Beattie

Smith - Man U - 5mil

i like the part were cut beattie up into 4 bits :P

This is going way out into left field, but I'd love to see us at least make an inquiry about Yuri Zhirkov from CSKA Moscow. The kid's a natural left winger (exactly what we need), got all kinds of talent and potential (he's already been called "the Russian Ronaldinho"), got Champions League experience, and he's only 23. Of course they'll probably want five times what we'd be willing to pay, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

This is going way out into left field, but I'd love to see us at least make an inquiry about Yuri Zhirkov from CSKA Moscow. The kid's a natural left winger (exactly what we need), got all kinds of talent and potential (he's already been called "the Russian Ronaldinho"), got Champions League experience, and he's only 23. Of course they'll probably want five times what we'd be willing to pay, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
I'd love to see us go after Andres Guardado from Atlas and the Mexican National Team. The guy is amazing as a left winger and he is only 20. Everytime I've seen him he plays brilliantly. I'm very surprised he isnt in Europe already but I'd pay a lot to have him here at Everton.

Wouldn't surprise me if we only make a couple of 'cheap' signings.

I don't think that we have the money to buy anyone which would explain by BK was on that programe on either BBC or ITV to try not only to find a new signing star but also if any of them could play left wing or left back.

I am not sure when we are meant to be getting the extra money for the premiership and TV rights but as I think its for this season coming it won't be til towards the end of it I would have thought.

One player I saw in the under 21's was the Dutch player Rosyton. He plays left wing and can play left back. Perfect fot us and Chelski are planning a £4m move for him but that is most prob out of our price range as well.

Given up now

Wouldn't surprise me if we only make a couple of 'cheap' signings.

I don't think that we have the money to buy anyone which would explain by BK was on that programe on either BBC or ITV to try not only to find a new signing star but also if any of them could play left wing or left back.

Basically, i think BK is doing his 'job' by going on that show an also promoting his 'love' that is everton at the same time. I believe we are in a very sound financial position with our final league positioning, I also believe we have probably paid off last years summer signings by now. So with that money leaving, the bank will probably wait to loan us more mula until we start gettin flooded with PL £ from last season. I do believe BK an Moyes bein off doin their own thing before july 1st is a sign of a busy up an coming transfer window! So again lets patitently hope eh! :lol:

p.s - I think all this talk of us being priced out for certain players is bull, I think we are not paying over the odds an dont want to show our finacial hand straight away! just like 3/4 of the prem is doin right now!!

Edited by Captain Johnson

Thoughts please ....

Aston Villa ..... £3.5M offer for Smith, nothing from EFC ....... Count him out.

Sunderland .... Nugent going to Speak to Roy Keane today. Not a word from EFC ... Count him out.

Derby County..Hope to sign EFCs James McFadden, EFC yet to reply with a yes or no.

But what surprises me most is that Nobody else seems to be interested in sounding out Jagielka, and we should have signed him by now instead of waiting for the outcome of the tribunal, surely he would want to come to EFC rather than stay with Sheffield Utd even if they stay up. But by hanging about for the relegation claus to take affect we could end up losing him for the sake of saving 1million pounds.

I can see us going into the new season with a few loan signings but with no improvement to our "Best Eleven" cos by the time DM pulls his finger out all the good players will have signed for someone else.

Those are my thoughts. ;)

Aston Villa ..... £3.5M offer for Smith, nothing from EFC ....... Count him out.

Sunderland .... Nugent going to Speak to Roy Keane today. Not a word from EFC ... Count him out.

Derby County..Hope to sign EFCs James McFadden, EFC yet to reply with a yes or no.

Smith, not bothered about in the slightest...glad we didn't bid.

Nugent, will be a shame if we don't get him but not the end of thr world (Vaughan, Anchiebe etc)

McFadden, apart from an amazing goal against Charlton what else has he done for us?

If McFadden goes then we will get another striker, especially if Beattie is off (fingers crossed).

I've got a real problem with this list (sorry to the originator)...

Downing is going nowhere...I reckon Southgate has threatened that if his boy is sold, he'll register as a player and take all of Boro's penalties for the new season...enough to make the Boro board back down!

Koumas for me is not the quality we should be looking for. Hasn't really made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck whenever I've seen him. A squad player at best.

Hughes would NEVER sell Bentley. Alright maybe his car, but David Bentley represents the future of Blackburn's attacking side to their midfield. I'd sooner believe Gamst Pedersen might get sold as he actually "plays" about 8 games a season, the rest he's invisible. But we'd not get MGP for 2 mil plus Manboobs...no way...

Gravesen? 2 seasons ago I'd have said PLEASE can we have him back...but now past his best...hasn't set the world on fire, and I think Carsley has stepped up to the plate since then...

McCarthy as others have said is outrageous. Cmon, maybe we'd get his mum for that. If Chelsea are sniffing around, then you KNOW Blackburn won't sell unless it's around Bent's value. He's probably the best thing to happen to their attack since the SAS (Shearer and Sutton) of the 90's...

Benayoun won't come to us if Liverpool are in the hunt. Plus let the sh:te have him for 6mil, that's vastly too much for a player who is even less consistent than Gamst Pedersen...!

I CAN see us getting Jagielka, Nugent, and Baines, but that's when Moyes will go "job done" and "let's all head off to see Mickey Mouse this Summer".

I'd LIKE to see us sign English players who could actually solve our direct problems. The left-wing and crossing "issues", and someone to take the heat off AJ and give him space to run.

I've got a real problem with this list (sorry to the originator)...

McCarthy as others have said is outrageous. Cmon, maybe we'd get his mum for that. If Chelsea are sniffing around, then you KNOW Blackburn won't sell unless it's around Bent's value.

Hey its just a list man! nothing in stone, i think my vaulation of McCarthy is quite off but he is 30 years old and would certainly go for no more than 6mil + a player surely!??, he has had only one season in the PL too. As for the rest well they are realistic targets that i believe would suit are team ethic and style!

I do hope we get those 3 you mention, do have any ideas of who else moyes might look at or go for?? let us know. :P

Was going to write "thanks for writing the list, at least it's fun and interesting to chat about" but got distracted by colleagues :)

Not sure who else would come to us to be honest. I like the idea of players who have been injured and have fallen off the radar since last season:

I'm thinking: forwards - Ashton, Mido, Marcus Bent (haha kidding about Barndoor Bent) ; midfield: Duff, Nzogbia, Stelios(I'd rather take a Man U castoff of Chris Eagles than Phil Bardsley, kid looks quality), all could potentially fill that wing slot...whether they'd be sold, or even come to us is another story.

Not much talent around that's for sale. Actually like the sound of some of the european or south american players people have been talking about.

An improvement to the all round strength of the team would be.........

Baines ....... 5 or 6 million.

Nugent ....... 6 or 7 million

Jagielka ..... 4 or 5 million

would cost us between 15 -- 18 million, we could recuperate 9 million with sales .....

Naysmith .......... 2 million

Beattie ............. 4 million

McFadden ......... 3 million

And throw VDM in as a Buy one get one free offer.

WOULD 10 MILLION BE A LOT TO SPEND ON THREE VERY GOOD PLAYERS ?????? i dont think so.

All that is needed would be to bring a loan player in on the left wing.

FFS Come on EFC pull your fookin fingers out before all the good players have gone somewhere else. :angry:

Just reading that some people wouldnt mind taking a few south americans into our club

id say "good god no thanks" - if you have a look at the history of the prem, south american players have been nitemares

bad attitudes, find it hard to adjust to the uk lifestyle, under performed and refused to get their hands dirty..always using the "english football is too rough" excuse

apart from juninho (first time of course), i cant think of a single player who has stood out and made a difference

and as for the russian guy, theres alot of money in the russian games at the mo (with big backers owning spartak and cska) so i wouldnt have thought we could afford to buy any of their players or compete with the wages

id settle for home grown players

Just reading that some people wouldnt mind taking a few south americans into our club

id say "good god no thanks" - if you have a look at the history of the prem, south american players have been nitemares

bad attitudes, find it hard to adjust to the uk lifestyle, under performed and refused to get their hands dirty..always using the "english football is too rough" excuse

apart from juninho (first time of course), i cant think of a single player who has stood out and made a difference

and as for the russian guy, theres alot of money in the russian games at the mo (with big backers owning spartak and cska) so i wouldnt have thought we could afford to buy any of their players or compete with the wages

id settle for home grown players

Sure some South American players have had a hard time in the premiership but there are others who have done very well. I wouldn't not take a player because he was from South America. To say all south american players will have problems in the premiership is unfair. It comes down to the individual. I assume you were refering to me when I said I wanted Guardado. If teams such as ManUtd and Arsenal are interested in him for a couple of million pounds, I don't understand why we shouldn't be either. Edited by Joe

Wouldnt mind a couple of South americans , they always work out good for me on football manager hahaha! :P

Also looks like we aint gettin nugent so he's off the list it would seem! personally i think Vaughan will become a very very good player next season an with

Johnson, Victor an Mcfadden an 4-5-1 formation to suit cahill, we will be sorted for attacking options! we defo need 2 midfielders an 2 more defenders!!!

ill never be sure about south american players

for every juninho theres been a ton of emersons

for every villa theres been a ton of of rodrigos

and for ever ardiles theres been a ton of verons

though saying that, the worst premiership player ever was from holland...step forward crazy caravan driver marco boogers

on a different point, on the bbc forum...theres an alledged email from ian ross. the guy sent an email to Ian asking him about the lack of transfer activity at Everton since the end of the season. his reply, if it is him of course, is interesting reading

Morning,

And who have Arsenal bought thus far? Liverpool? Aston Villa? Chelsea? etc etc

Why would you buy a player in May/ early June and then pay him £30,000 a week simply to sit on a tropical isalnd with his wife and kids? The answer is, you wouldn't ... you would do what Liverpool, Arsenal et are doing and wait....

Have a good summer

Ian Ross

its an interesting point and one ive thought about in the past. we are not a rich club so buying players as they sit on the beach or indeed carry ricky hattons gloves, is a pricey attack plan

anybody have any thoughts ?

Sure some South American players have had a hard time in the premiership but there are others who have done very well. I wouldn't not take a player because he was from South America. To say all south american players will have problems in the premiership is unfair. It comes down to the individual. I assume you were refering to me when I said I wanted Guardado. If teams such as ManUtd and Arsenal are interested in him for a couple of million pounds, I don't understand why we shouldn't be either.

im with you joe.

Guardado is a quality player, even if we got him now and only played him for a few years and sold him, id be happy with that.

but he could become a great, if we dont go in for him, a bigger club will

im with you joe.

Guardado is a quality player, even if we got him now and only played him for a few years and sold him, id be happy with that.

but he could become a great, if we dont go in for him, a bigger club will

He scored against us in the Gold Cup final today too. Good thing Howard made an amazing safe at the end to secure the victory.