IGNORED

The Vote

MikeO

No...I would rather be in a modern stadium that can generate extra revenue for the club than an ageing ground that hinders the progression of the club - whether it is in Kirkby or not. As far as I can tell, Goodison redevelopment is a non-starter but this would be my preffered option by far.

I am not though going to stand protesting with a sign saying "Kenwright is the devil" because he wants to modernise Everton and provide a solid financial base...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

No...I would rather be in a modern stadium that can generate extra revenue for the club than an ageing ground that hinders the progression of the club - whether it is in Kirkby or not. As far as I can tell, Goodison redevelopment is a non-starter but this would be my preffered option by far.

I am not though going to stand protesting with a sign saying "Kenwright is the devil" because he wants to modernise Everton and provide a solid financial base...

The whole backing for my opinion & that of KEIOC is not that we don't massivly need the move because we do. It is that there are many options available and BK seems blinkered into the Kirkby project, now add in Tesco's involvement, the obvious merits for Knowsley as an area & this "exclusivity agreement" all stink.

If BK wants whats best for the club he'd be exploring every oprion in a transparent process rather than hiding behind an exclusivity agreement, consulting with kirkby residents before Everton supporters and burying his head in the sand every time anyone mentions staying in Liverpool!

I have no problem moving to Kirkby as long as it's the best option for the club and I mean that in every sense not just in terms of money.

The whole backing for my opinion & that of KEIOC is not that we don't massivly need the move because we do. It is that there are many options available and BK seems blinkered into the Kirkby project, now add in Tesco's involvement, the obvious merits for Knowsley as an area & this "exclusivity agreement" all stink.

If BK wants whats best for the club he'd be exploring every oprion in a transparent process rather than hiding behind an exclusivity agreement, consulting with kirkby residents before Everton supporters and burying his head in the sand every time anyone mentions staying in Liverpool!

I have no problem moving to Kirkby as long as it's the best option for the club and I mean that in every sense not just in terms of money.

I was told the other day that when Everton first started they weren't even sistuated in Liverpool anyway, it was only later that Everton became part of Liverpool so to me it m,akes no difference I'd go anywhere the Blue Boys go. We do badly need a new bigger and better stadium to go with our new and immense Training facility on Finch Farm.

I was told the other day that when Everton first started they weren't even sistuated in Liverpool anyway, it was only later that Everton became part of Liverpool so to me it m,akes no difference I'd go anywhere the Blue Boys go. We do badly need a new bigger and better stadium to go with our new and immense Training facility on Finch Farm.

Again record & stuck come to mind. . . . . . . .

I'm not the slightest bit bothered in the in or out of liverpool debate. It is not my opinion the club needs to stay within a council boundry that could quite easily be redifined as it has been so many times before. It is however my opinion that BK seems determined to get us out of Liverpool and specifically into the Kirkby site in question.

I believe that it would be in the interest of the club to stay as local as possible to our current location but that is a personal opinion. I believe the sole purpose BK wants us in Kirkby is financial and thats why I have so much of an issue, any true Evertonian as BK claims himself would never look at the money issues as a starting point!

Maybe the best comparison I can give is when you purchase a product you dont buy the cheapest becase its the best value for money & you dont buy the most expensive cos it's the best quality. You infact shop around and compare pricing and specification and make an educated decision on the best value product for your needs any other decision pocess is risky and best described as an "impulse purchase" which you usually regret or never needed in the first place.

Lets not allow BK make an impulse purchase on the home of Everton for the next 100 years all because Tesco are waving pound notes at him!!

lol this is turning into a good debate.....

OK my angle on this.... Everton is a business, businesses are governed by money. An oppurtunity has arisen to improve the financial stability of the business - the financial situation directly affects the performance of the team in the long run (ability to buy players, youth system etc). Now by financial situation I do not mean Blackburn - loads of cash for 1 season then nothing. I mean a solid financial base so that any further investments etc can be directly used for the benefit of the club and not to help with debts. I do believe a ground move will help the financial situation.

The Tesco situation is a case of (IMO!!) an option to move ground at a reduced cost. If Tesco were not involved we would be fitting the brunt of the development bill and land purchase, where as at least this way we get the new ground without delving further into debt especially as Knowsley are supposidly giving us the land for peanuts.

Anyway, just my opinion.

The big question surrounding all this is will the Kirkby mover benifit us financially over the long term I believe not for many reasons, I think the Kirkby option will do little for increasing revenue.

Infact with a concert arena on the docks and the shite building a 80,000 seater on stanley park will Everton ever be able to compete for other revenue? I belive not, most of the music will go to the dock & any massive music gigs will go to the massive MacDonalds Arena on the park. As for footballing events :lol: your gona hold an international or European game at the new Goosison when theres Old Trafford, the shite & COMS all competing within a very small area?? I think we are bottom of the pile when it comes to that side of things!

Pleased to read the statement from KEIOC, but I'd be interested to know if...

This is a total fabrication against our group to try and undermine the good work our group is trying to achieve.

...then who's doing the fabricating? KRAG? The Club? The BBC?

Another thing that occurred to me. Think in an ideal world and if it was feasible (which some say it is) then every Evertonians ideal solution would be to re-develop Goodison. Under those circumstances where would we play in the interim? Totally impossible I'd have thought to build a bit at a time so closing down one stand at a time would surely not work. Groundshare presumably, but with who? I'm not even going to suggest possibilities....

Edited by MikeO

There is a re-development plan as StevO says on the KEIOC website taking the ground to 55,000 seats within our current footprint and still playing at Goodison.

It is reported Mike that KRAG were the ones showing the footage and the media reporting was what may be undermining the KEIOC cause. Judging by the responses of some people including you Mike, the claim did a bit of damage to the cause by making KEIOC look like a gang of amatures who will got to any length to stop the ground move.

Another little one for you to consider is if we aimed to flatten Goodison and redevelop over 1 year we could do it the season the shite move out of Analfjord and realy show the little fuckers how to lift the roof off the kop!!!!

surely it would take 3-4years to redevelop fully.

ive heard a few of our corporate supporters are doing a more modern feasability study, looking at redevelopment.

they also may have had a meeting with Peter Johnson, they may have the design plans Johnson had for redevelopment, both on the current footprint and in the 90* turn towards the school.

they seem convinced it would be both realistic and affordable to redevelop the old lady into a 60k if done properly

surely it would take 3-4years to redevelop fully.

ive heard a few of our corporate supporters are doing a more modern feasability study, looking at redevelopment.

they also may have had a meeting with Peter Johnson, they may have the design plans Johnson had for redevelopment, both on the current footprint and in the 90* turn towards the school.

they seem convinced it would be both realistic and affordable to redevelop the old lady into a 60k if done properly

Im intrigued to know how we'd manage to pay for that when we seemingly can't afford £4million for Jagielka.

Im intrigued to know how we'd manage to pay for that when we seemingly can't afford £4million for Jagielka.

The same way everyone pays for ground redevelopments or new builds a morgage!

The shite's ground is being paid for by a massive directors loan along with some European grants why does everyone think it's so unusual to go into debt for a new stadium?? Everyone does it!

The same way everyone pays for ground redevelopments or new builds a morgage!

The shite's ground is being paid for by a massive directors loan along with some European grants why does everyone think it's so unusual to go into debt for a new stadium?? Everyone does it!

Would that not be a bit risky with us already being in debt and not being able to afford to splash out on new players as it is? Arsenal have struggled to make quality signings since they got their stadium and they were on a sound financial footing before it was built, we are'nt in as healthy a position as they were.

Would that not be a bit risky with us already being in debt and not being able to afford to splash out on new players as it is? Arsenal have struggled to make quality signings since they got their stadium and they were on a sound financial footing before it was built, we are'nt in as healthy a position as they were.

On the debt issue I'v started a new thread.

On the issue of a morgage being "risky" it wouldnt be much more than the rent we are goint to be paying Tesco for leasing the land for our new stad.

Judging by the responses of some people including you Mike, the claim did a bit of damage to the cause by making KEIOC look like a gang of amatures who will got to any length to stop the ground move.

Wait a minute, you agreed with my initial post Liam reading the report on the beeb as it stood....now it's been explained it's done no damage in my book. Even if they had done it I'd have forgiven them by today, people go to extremes when they feel strongly enough and there's no doubting their commitment to the cause of, and love for, Everton. They have my complete respect.

On the Goodison redevelopment, I had in my mind the Old Lady being bulldozed and starting from scratch. I suspect that would be a cheaper option...it's often the case with smaller builds but I could be wrong.

I think they're a bunch of twats, I said that after the initial Stanley Park debate in the John*on days I think they are forgetting we have been a part of this City's history for over a century and pampering to Liverpool as a more fasionable & marketable brand. I was correct!

They seem to be helping at the moment but I think alot of that is down to pressure being put on individual MP's rather than a council movement.

I just want Bk to come out and say this is what we are being offered from all camps, lay down all the information and who knows Kirkby may be the best option. I also think this would open up our intent to the world and could help us out by highlighting the world of EFC to potential investors.

I think they're a bunch of twats, I said that after the initial Stanley Park debate in the John*on days I think they are forgetting we have been a part of this City's history for over a century and pampering to Liverpool as a more fasionable & marketable brand. I was correct!

They seem to be helping at the moment but I think alot of that is down to pressure being put on individual MP's rather than a council movement.

I just want Bk to come out and say this is what we are being offered from all camps, lay down all the information and who knows Kirkby may be the best option. I also think this would open up our intent to the world and could help us out by highlighting the world of EFC to potential investors.

Thank god that was your reply, especially remembering when they wouldnt let us build on Stanley Park. Good lad :P