IGNORED

Debt

Who thinks we are in debt?

As far as I see it we have a season ticket morgage which a good 3/4 of the league has and is very managable and does not affect the running of the club at all. Apart from that we are in the black with the bank and the only reason we dont have as much cash to splash this close season is we bought AJ, Lescott & Howard with the TV money before we got it.

So back to my original question and in response to Mark's post in the "Vote" thread, are we in debt? Someone care to explain it to me so I'm a tad clearer??

As far as I see it we have a season ticket morgage which a good 3/4 of the league has and is very managable and does not affect the running of the club at all. Apart from that we are in the black with the bank and the only reason we dont have as much cash to splash this close season is we bought AJ, Lescott & Howard with the TV money before we got it.

So back to my original question and in response to Mark's post in the "Vote" thread, are we in debt? Someone care to explain it to me so I'm a tad clearer??

Im sorry but did AJ, Lescott and Howard cost anywhere near the £30million mark? AJ and Lescott will be getting paid for on the drip so theoretically we should still have a masssive amount to spend should we not?

On the debt issue, I have no facts it's just my opinion that the club is in the shit finances wise

I thought the club was in good financial sted for the first time in years.

AJ - 8.5

Lescott - 5

Howard - 3 to 4 ???

So thats 16.5million leaving 13.5million so if we are talking of buying Jagielka for 4 million we are left with 9.5million. Personally I'd say that's prety fair and proberbly not far off the mark of what's actually available!

A lot of if's but's and maybe's here. I feel we will never be given the true financial picture at Goodison, I believed we were in a fairly healthy state, but then again I believe one day we will sign Nugent.

ATB

Mac

Oficially no but I'v heard that we did and we have around 9million in the kitty now this is allegedly from the mouth of KW himself.

So as I outlined above that means we have spent or are planning to spend around 25 of the 30 million on players!!

It's all word of mouth tho but 25 of the 30 we recieved is a commitment from the club even if they did spend most of it before it arrived.

Oficially no but I'v heard that we did and we have around 9million in the kitty now this is allegedly from the mouth of KW himself.

So as I outlined above that means we have spent or are planning to spend around 25 of the 30 million on players!!

It's all word of mouth tho but 25 of the 30 we recieved is a commitment from the club even if they did spend most of it before it arrived.

It hasnt really stood us in good stead though has it? Our squad has gotten smaller instead of larger. We have more games to play this season remember. Mickey mouse management.

It hasnt really stood us in good stead though has it? Our squad has gotten smaller instead of larger. We have more games to play this season remember. Mickey mouse management.

I think it's a joke as well but we work on the basis that the club stays in the black at the moment so without it we wouldnt have taken out a long term loan or anything for players.

AJ & Lescott wouldnt have been signed, we would have struggled the way things turned out in the end plus Howard would have gone back to Manure and we would be looking at Dicke back in goal. On the back of another average performance in the league we may also have been struggling to keep hold of Arteta and / or Cahill.

Still look like "mickey mouse management"?

"Oficially no"

Enough said, cant see the CREDITORS/BANKS allowing us to spend £16m pounds from money we havent even got yet, when we are already £30 million pounds or more in DEBT. :o:o

Thats a load of old Bollox. ;)

That's the whole basis of this thread Bill are we in debt? The books last year highlighted we were opperating in the black!!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

We have no depth whatsoever. What do we do if Arteta gets injured and is out for the rest of the season? Or Johnson? We'll be fucked.

would you rather have a bigger squad of lesser quality players? like most of the past decade, or what we have now?

i dunno with we are a club where money is a very touchie subject they dont wanna tell anyone how much we have, like last season i thought we didnt have much then we got johnson,

but we need to add depth to the squad if we lost arteta all we have really is VDM lol says everything dont it lol

I think it's a joke as well but we work on the basis that the club stays in the black at the moment so without it we wouldnt have taken out a long term loan or anything for players.

AJ & Lescott wouldnt have been signed, we would have struggled the way things turned out in the end plus Howard would have gone back to Manure and we would be looking at Dicke back in goal. On the back of another average performance in the league we may also have been struggling to keep hold of Arteta and / or Cahill.

Still look like "mickey mouse management"?

We'll most definitely be in the black in a years time after we've failed to compete in Europe and Arteta decides he'd rather play play in the Champions League with his friend Xabi at the shite. My view on it what was the point in buying those players last summer if it was going to hold us back this summer when it really matters?

would you rather have a bigger squad of lesser quality players? like most of the past decade, or what we have now?

Mate I want to compete on all fronts and this "squad" won't do that.

We'll most definitely be in the black in a years time after we've failed to compete in Europe and Arteta decides he'd rather play play in the Champions League with his friend Xabi at the shite. My view on it what was the point in buying those players last summer if it was going to hold us back this summer when it really matters?

Mate I want to compete on all fronts and this "squad" won't do that.

without buying them players last year, this year might not have mattered so much!

i also want to compete on all fronts, and your right, this squad wont do that. but we cant afford to have both quality and quantity.

without buying them players last year, this year might not have mattered so much!

i also want to compete on all fronts, and your right, this squad wont do that. but we cant afford to have both quality and quantity.

Will you be happy if our European adventure makes us perform shit in the league and not qualify for Europe due to our stupidly small squad? If that happens the vultures will be circling our best players, and you know it won't be bullshit then as it is this summer.

The aim at the beginning of the season for Moyes was obviously to get into Europe, but why if we wouldnt be strengthening now? Im just so frustrated at the lack of forward thinking by Everton :(

i wont be happy with that mark, none of us will. but im talking reality mate, we cant afford to have 20 odd quality players on 30k+ a week.

and with out buyuing them players we probably wouldnt have qualified for europe, so im quite happy we spent the money last year to buy some of the best players we've had in our generation

Will you be happy if our European adventure makes us perform shit in the league and not qualify for Europe due to our stupidly small squad? If that happens the vultures will be circling our best players, and you know it won't be bullshit then as it is this summer.

The aim at the beginning of the season for Moyes was obviously to get into Europe, but why if we wouldnt be strengthening now? Im just so frustrated at the lack of forward thinking by Everton :(

I can see your fustration Mark but what are you actually saying?

Shoul we have just kept our hands in our pockets last year and accepted thet we wouldnt have much money next season either so it isnt worth trying??

i wont be happy with that mark, none of us will. but im talking reality mate, we cant afford to have 20 odd quality players on 30k+ a week.

and with out buyuing them players we probably wouldnt have qualified for europe, so im quite happy we spent the money last year to buy some of the best players we've had in our generation

Im not talking 20 odd players on our maximum wage, but a little bit of depth wouldnt go amiss. All the players that have been interviewed since the end of the season have stressed the importance of us signing players, so what are they going to think when we sign nobody? I don't think our better players will be sticking around too long if things continue in this way do you?

Are we in debt...I am guessing yes....but is the debt anywhere near the size it has been for many years...no. I believe our financial situation is better than it has been but still not great as the club has shallow pockets.

Moyes did say that signings were not going to be early this year, so "maybe" we are waiting for a release of funds from somewhere for transfers...? Hence the delay in signings....

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

I can see your fustration Mark but what are you actually saying?

Shoul we have just kept our hands in our pockets last year and accepted thet we wouldnt have much money next season either so it isnt worth trying??

I just dont know anymore Liam. I loved the fact that we spent money last summer, I was incredible excited about the coming season and getting Europe was an amazing achievement. I just thought we'd spend money this summer and push on again, mostly because we have to and because we should always aim to improve. But we're just going to end up standing still and probably fall behind the likes of WHU and Blackburn ffs. Im just angry atm.

truth is, not one of us knows whats going on behind the scenes, if we are trying to bring players in, if we are trying to sell. none of know.

as always, with most summers, we'll just have to see.

the biggest problem, we were spoiled last summer!

now we expect it again.

I just dont know anymore Liam. I loved the fact that we spent money last summer, I was incredible excited about the coming season and getting Europe was an amazing achievement. I just thought we'd spend money this summer and push on again, mostly because we have to and because we should always aim to improve. But we're just going to end up standing still and probably fall behind the likes of WHU and Blackburn ffs. Im just angry atm.

Again I understand your feelings but don't forget this is the same squad we have played with all season. We had a couple of long term injurys who will return and the players out (excluding manny) are no loss at all. We are in good shape, ideally we would spend big again an may still do so but lets put this in perspective we finished 6th and that squad still reamins we are not going to suddenly become shite overnight.

Again I understand your feelings but don't forget this is the same squad we have played with all season. We had a couple of long term injurys who will return and the players out (excluding manny) are no loss at all. We are in good shape, ideally we would spend big again an may still do so but lets put this in perspective we finished 6th and that squad still reamins we are not going to suddenly become shite overnight.

Im not saying we're going to become shite, but the extra pressure on an even smaller squad than last season isn't going to do us any favours in the league is it? Even going out of Europe early isn't guaranteed to help our league form as we proved in 2004. I don't want the world just some depth, the first 11 is more than good enough I'm just worried about injuries and tiredness to our important players and then having to bring in someone else who is nowhere near good enough. I don't want to capitulate again.

I think we are in debt but i dont know how much.

Football manager 2007 says were 30 mil in debt lol but ino thats only a game

I think we are in debt but i dont know how much.

Football manager 2007 says were 30 mil in debt lol but ino thats only a game

Or is it???????

Very emotive this one, we have strayed from the question of debt into a whole new thread, namely that of transfer inactivity, I understand they are linked to a certain degree, but my issue of being in debt goes beyond the normal "can we afford this player or that one".

I want to know if we are in debt there are interest payments to be made, these payments are going to be crippling, if they exist.

The first order of business is to climb out of the hole we may or may not be in.

ATB

Mac

Although I hope that we do manage to add some quality to the squad for the forthcoming season, I think that the management may have actually made a shrewd move in spending the money last season. This is due to the fact that they knew that every club in the league would have a lot more money to spend this summer than they did last.

This has caused an increase in player prices and looking at what we bought for the money

Andy Johnson 8.6 million

Joleon Lescott approx 5.5m

Tim Howard 3m

With the way prices seem to be in this window I think we would have had no chance of signing three players of this quality if we had delayed until actually receiving the money.

I agree we still need to strengthen and create some depth in the squad but dont believe that there can be any criticism levelled at the management for spending the money as they did.