IGNORED

Guiranne N'daw

A few roumour around the place for this Sengalese central midfielder.

N'Daw open for Everton bid

20070627 13:56

Celtic have opened a bidding battle with Everton for Sochaux's £4million-rated Sengalese central midfield star Guiranne N'Daw.

Reports from France claim the Glasgow giants have had an initial £2.2 million bid for the 23-year-old turned down by the French Cup winners.

Toffees boss David Moyes has identified the 6ft 3in N'Daw as a future Premiership star and is watching the situation carefully before deciding about sanctioning a swoop.

Sochaux president John Claude Plessis is prepared to sell, but has told Celtic boss Gordon Strachan to substantially increase the offer.

N'Daw, 23, came through the ranks at the French outfit - a former Peugeot factory side - and played a key role in their penalty shoot-out win over Marseille in last season's French Cup final.

Maybe something in this one, as apparently in October 2006, Everton had been monitoring the player.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hl...693&cpid=24

Sochaux starlet Guiranne Ndaw claims that Premiership outfit Everton are following his progress.

The 22-year-old midfielder has been a key figure at Stade Bonal so far this season and his performances seem to have attracted the attention of clubs across the continent.

Ndaw, who operates as a versatile defender, has flourished under the guidance of former Portsmouth boss Alain Perrin and now claims that David Moyes has shown a keen interest in his future along with Turkish giants Galatasaray.

However, despite admitting he dreams of playing in The Premiership, Ndaw is currently focused on succeeding in Ligue 1 with Les Lionceaux.

"I know Everton and Galatasaray are following me, but it is not topical," said Ndaw.

"My dream is to play in England, but at first I want to reach a new level with Sochaux."