IGNORED

This Torres Deal

So the shite are buying Torres for 27mil which is inclusive of Louis Garcia going in the other direction, something which struck me when reading about the deal was Garcia's valuation. Given that we are in the running for Jagielka at 4mil & possibly Koumas at 4mil+ I was extreamly shocked to see that Garcia's valuation was only 3.3mil.

I'm not a big fan of Garcia but only cos he's a horrible little fuck, the lad can no doubt play football even if he's not entirly suited to the style of the premiership. That valuation pretty much proves that England has gone mad when it comes to valuation of players, you couldnt buy a squad player from one of the relegated teams for under 4mil in this years transfare market but a spanish club is valuing an international midfielder with bags of European experience at 3.3mill.

The world has gone mad!

From the Annual Delloite Premiership report, the Premiership overtook the rest of Europe in terms of revenue long ago and it keeps getting bigger. It's no wonder the prices are ramped up as soon as an English team makes a transfer enquirey. The more money Premiership teams get the higher the prices go.

• English football contributed around one quarter of the total revenue of the European football market of £8.7 billion in 2006.

• Premier League clubs generated the highest revenue (£1.4 billion) and operating profitability (£138m) in Europe in 2005/06. Their lead over second placed Italian Serie A clubs (total revenue of £1.0 billion) will grow further next year. The other ‘big five’ leagues are in Germany (£0.8 billion), Spain (£0.8 billion) and France (£0.6 billion).

From the Annual Delloite Premiership report, the Premiership overtook the rest of Europe in terms of revenue long ago and it keeps getting bigger. It's no wonder the prices are ramped up as soon as an English team makes a transfer enquirey. The more money Premiership teams get the higher the prices go.

Which only underscores the importance of continental & international scouting. However, I also think that the Championship clubs are benefiting from the current work permit rules, because it gives them more leverage in their valuation demands. They know that the top flight clubs can't simply say, "The hell with you and your 6 million pound price tag! I'm going to sign this fellow who plays in New Zealand instead - he's just as good as your guy and his team will sell him for 1.5 million." That guy in New Zealand is going to have to qualify for a work permit first, and unless he's a regular on a decent national team somewhere, he probably won't because the permit rules are so strict.

Understand I'm not criticizing the permit rules - I know why they tightened them up and it's understandable - I'm just pointing out what seems to be one of the side effects of restricting the amount of available talent on the market; it raises the price tags of the remaining players that much more, because the teams who want them don't have as many other options.

Torres has scored an average of 11 goals a season in the last 3 years. £27million for a main striker who only scores that much? I think not.

I didnt know that, thought he was the cats whiskers with that price tag

Hmmm reminds me of a Certain French man who signed a certain Cisse for a club record

Thats an amazing insight, I think I'll change my opinion then. Sorry Romney, your satatistical facts are no match

why bother? stubborn and haven't seen him play... I have, and it's my opinion that he's class. that's an opinion, I had no intention of trying to change your opinions, as they don't really matter to me.

whether or not he is suited to the prem is a different matter, but i think he will