IGNORED

Transfer Policy Starting To Make Sense!

I looks to me as if Everton are stepping up there pursuit of realistic transfer targets now, about time some may say:

We all know that Moyes isn't going to be stupid with the transfer budget, and looking at his targets I think we will improve the team and not gone crazy with the budget.

Four players look to me to be strongly in frame at this moment in time- for a combine sum in the order of £16M or less than one Darren Bent.

I think all players would be good value for money -

Alan Smith - is now an experienced player both domestically and in europe, can play number of positions (OK not Roy keane - but hay who is). Is apparently, waiting for Moyes to make an offer for him - I like the sound of that!

Richardson - Poor season this year, but will reflect in his price, but no shame being behind Giggs and Ronaldo in my opinion. Was cracking at West Brom when a regular starter, resulting in an England call up - Still young, but with good expereince, at best could become a very good player for us, at worst will be better than anything else on the left wing. Scores goals as well.

Phil Jagielka - Another player who sounds as if he WANTs to come to Goodison park. One of the choice players from the three teams that went down last season. Another player who will improve the squad no end. Getting him at his get out clause fee also makes him value for money this summer.

Nugent - If we can get him to the club for £4M when others are prepared to offer £7M then that has to be a good thing. The argument if he will make it at Prem level is going to be ongoing - But if Moyes and Everton can get him for £4M I am sure most will say he is worth bringing to the club for that sort of money.

All hard working players and either have local roots or live local, so should fit in to the squads really well from the off.

If three out of four of the above targets, then I would have to say without hindsight they would be good solid signings.

Rob.

Did you intentionally leave out KOUMAS cos he is now Strongly linked. :D:D yeah get Nugent instead of Smith and forget Koumas and i would be happy with Nugent, Jagielka and Richardson, the others Smith and Koumas are too expensive just to bolster up the Squad.

Charlton are spending 2 million buying Freddie Eastwood and Norwich are spending 2 million buying BillySharp, BOTH these players have scored more goals in the last two seasons than Smith in his whole career (seven seasons) :o these are the type of players who can boost the squad. Smith and Koumas for a combined fee of 10 million is too much for Squad players.

SUNDERLAND HAVE WITHDRAWN THE £7 MILLION BID FOR NUGENT, BUT NOW PORTSMOUTH HAVE COME IN WITH THE SAME BID OF £7 MILLION. What makes you think Preston will accept our bid of £4 million for Nugent. :rolleyes:

Nothing at all has changed about our transfare situation since last week.

Some people just cant see the wood's for the trees!

Err, think you are wrong .

This week you will see more movement in the transfer market as a whole as some teams start there pre-season at the beginning of July and player/managers holidays are now all but over. First week in July is always when the transfer window really hots up.

Moyes is back of holiday, team back for pre-season, Sheff Utd get told AGAIN that they are now a champinship team. I feel at least one player will come in to Goodison this week - I'll put money on that!! Is that different enough from last week for you?

Rob.

Did you intentionally leave out KOUMAS cos he is now Strongly linked. :D:D yeah get Nugent instead of Smith and forget Koumas and i would be happy with Nugent, Jagielka and Richardson, the others Smith and Koumas are too expensive just to bolster up the Squad.

Charlton are spending 2 million buying Freddie Eastwood and Norwich are spending 2 million buying BillySharp, BOTH these players have scored more goals in the last two seasons than Smith in his whole career (seven seasons) :o these are the type of players who can boost the squad. Smith and Koumas for a combined fee of 10 million is too much for Squad players.

SUNDERLAND HAVE WITHDRAWN THE £7 MILLION BID FOR NUGENT, BUT NOW PORTSMOUTH HAVE COME IN WITH THE SAME BID OF £7 MILLION. What makes you think Preston will accept our bid of £4 million for Nugent. :rolleyes:

I would not be to bothered with Kumas coming to the club as a squad player - becasue I would say on paper that is all he is a reasonable squad player - and as we know with UEFA cup we need a reasonable squad as well as good starting 11.

Not crazy on spending £4.5m on the fella though!!!

All I am saying with my original post is that it looks as if the stratagy at the club is to bring in decent players at a decent price rather than good player or fashionable players at a extortionate price!

It is also nice for a change to read that player are waiting for Everton to make there move, and hearing in the same paragrapgh - Everton and prefered destination.

Any old Sunderland, Middlesbrough, West Ham or Portsmouth can throw around £7M for a £4M player - It is nice that we don't have to do our business in this mannrr at this moment in time.

That is as much a mark as our progress as our league positions.

Last week we had signed nobody and knew nothing about the clubs plans this week we have signed nobody and know nothing about the clubs plans.

The rumours regarding the players you mentioned have been flying around for weeks & last week people were claiming we were having a desasterous close season and we would never compete if this was our attitude / transfare policy.

So what exactly has changed apart from the doom and gloom merchants seeing past the end of their noses??

I think some peoples hearts are ruling their heads and being blinded by players saying they want to come to Everton.

In Nugents case there might be a bit of truth in that, But you mustnt lose sight of the fact that Nugent and Jagielka are at present playing for Championship teams, and if we dont show any interest or make any moves they will go elsewhere in the premiership.

And regarding Smith who has not been offered another contract and has been told he can go, if he had he would have signed it in a flash and you would'nt have heard a word about him wanting to come here.

He's only stating he would like to come here because he does'nt want to go to shit clubs like Boro, Reading, Fulham and Wigan, its not because he has any love for the club, its just to line his pockets and stay in the public eye at a more "Fashionable Club".

I would'nt blame anybody for that, but dont be fooled into thinking its got anything to do with loving the Club.

So DM finally says something about signings.

“A few of the lads are still away and they will be coming back in dribs and drabs over the next couple of weeks. We hope to be adding to the squad before the start of the season but there is nothing to mention yet.”

So that kind of means nothing in the very near future to me which means nothing has been agreed with any club which means might still be wating to find out what is going on with Sheffield.

But still whats the hurry its not like the season starts in less than 6 weeks is it

Rob.

because if he only wants to play for everton they will have to take the 4.5m or lose him in jan window for nothing

Edited by KillaGTiR

because if he only wants to play for everton they will have to take the 4.5m or lose him in jan window for nothing

I have regular arguments with a PNE fan over this and said to him long ago that if Preston tried to take the piss they risk loosing him for nothing because at the end of the day he has to sign they can't just sell him!

In regards to Smith there is no quote whatsoever from Smith himself saying he's waiting for us, it was just a story in the Echo. There wasn't even anything from his agent.

Whatever anyone thinks they know the reality Mark is all Everton transfare rumour this summer is just paper talk and I for one am eagerly awaiting the outcome just like last season when ginge said nothing and landed his men!

as frustrating as it is to pick up the papers or check the web to find everton have not yet signed anyone, whilst everybody else seems to be signing player after player, i am with ruffrob on this one. Moyes knows what he wants and for how much. i fully expect moyes to strengthen with 3/4 players before the season. I am a bit guilty of 'why don't we sign anyone' mentality, but with hindsight i'd rather have decent players for affordable prices than over rated tossers in the ranks

probably koumas. 3 million in a structered kind of deal might be ok, but not the 6 million the beloved press men keep quoting. he had a big bust up at west brom a while back. he is, IMO, too good for the championship but not sure what level he'd be in the premiership. If we paid 6 million i think it would be to steep.

I'd just prefer, which moyes generally does, to have well thought out transfers rather than 'media friendly' ones. By that i mean the likes of parker and barton are loved by the media so clubs (the barcodes) just spend silly money on them, money which i'm not sure they are worth cos they've not really set the world on fire yet.

Do you see what i'm trying to say??

We all talk bollox now and again on here

...think it's in the terms and conditions that all members must talk complete bollocks at least once a month or else you get banned :D .

Don't think being in Scotland will make any difference....if anything looked like happening DM could be back at Goodison in a couple of hours.

Edited by MikeO