Line Up Next Year?

Howard

Jags Lescott Yobo ?1

Arteta ?2 ?3 ?4

Johnson Vaughan

?1 - Valente or perhaps Baines

?2 - probably Carsley but would like to see someone like Stephen Appiah

?3 - not sure what is happening with Fernades? Possibly Timmy Cahill

?4 - god knows! Someone with some pace please! Damien Duff anyone?

For me there are only 7 players that pick themselves. We are quite weak in midfield (I'm sorry I'm just not a huge TC fan).

How about this?

Radical but if VDM and Beattie stay we might as well use them.

Not my preferred formation but we need to attack teams!

howard

jagielka yobo lescott

neville

van der mayde cahill arteta mcfadden

johnson beattie

Based on what is at the club already:

Howard

Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott

Arteta, Cahill, Carsley, Osman/McFadden

Beattie, Johnstone

Middle of the park is weak for me. Don't even consider VDM as a option anymore as he plays so infrequently.

for me the priority has to be Richardson on the left - I know not everybody is massive fans, but not meany other options for under the £4M mark. What sways it for me is now well he played when he went to West Brom and had a regular start - Difficult to judge a player when he gets a bit part as Giggs or Ronaldo's replacement.

Considering what we have got, what is available, and what people are costing these day, in my opinion he should be our next priority in the transfer market.

I put Lesscott at left back as he is the best we have got for that position, and Yobo and Jags, should do a job in the middle (wow two centre backs with real pace - (apparently Jags can keep up with Henry in free flow)

I must say when I look at the back line and our players with defensive midfeild capabilities I like actually like the versatility of the players we have in the squad - It actually makes sense as you can get really get away with being a player or two short in your squad and still have all the quality defensive areas covered.

Right back - Hibbet, Neville, Jags,

Centre back - Yobo, Lesscot, Jags, Stubbs, Neville,

Left Back, Valente, Lesscott

Defensive midfeilder - Carsley, Neville, Jags,

That is 13 places covered by 8 player rather than say perhaps 10 players, smaller squad = better quality players, less wages, more togetherness, player get more games = more likley to stay with the club. would like a quality left back just to get Lescott back in the centre.

OK you get a freaky amount of injurues then you just have to bit the bullet and blood youngsters.

when will people learn??? VDM is past it! fat, washed-up (allegedly alcoholic) loser! i want him to be great more than anyone, but he won't be....and he's fallen out with Moyes if the papers aren't full of shite (a big "if") - so no chance of him playing on the wing for us methinks. my team as is stands would be

-------------Howard------------------

Jagielka---Lescott-------Yobo-----Valente (that's a quality back four/five inc keeps - would stand us in good stead I think)

-------------Carsley-----------------------

Arteta------------------------------Neville

-------------Cahill-------------------------

---------Johnson-----Vaughan------------

mark, he wasn't too poor. he was voted the best player outside of the prem as a midfield player. i'd play him in midfield myself ... nev right back ...basically same as KIlla, but with richardson on the left

Im just going on what Sheff U fans have said mate, he started the season in midfield and was moved back to defence because he couldnt hack it according to them.

The one's I'v spoken to are guttend and think we've got ourselves a steal at 4mil!

David Unsworth said earlier how highly he rates the tough tackling Jagielka and he like GoldfishMemory thinks DM has bagged a bargain for £4m , so ive got to say if he's good enough for Rhino then he's good enough for me !!!!!! .......wherever DM sees fit to play him :D

Howard

Jag Yobo Lescott Valente (though i think we need a replacement but don't know who)

Carseley (or) Neville

Arteta Cahill Richardson

Johnson Vaughn

I think our priority should be buying a decent left winger for a reasonable pirce, no 10m Downing shite. If we can get richardson then think we would be ideal becasue he already knows the league, shouldn't cost too much and won't demand silly wages (i think) Fair enough we may be missing out on Nuggent, and i would have liked him here, but we have more important aspects of the squad to improve. Nuggent is an up-and-coming striking prospect. SO IS VAUGHN!!! We should keep giving him a run out, i was impressed with his contrubutions towards the end of last season and think he's only going to improve,if we buy smith or nuggent its only going to mean vaughn and anichibe won't get much of a look in. Give youth a chance!!!

Edited by jamiemaher85

Howard

Jags Lescott Yobo ?1

Arteta ?2 ?3 ?4

Johnson Vaughan

?1 - Valente or perhaps Baines

?2 - probably Carsley but would like to see someone like Stephen Appiah

?3 - not sure what is happening with Fernades? Possibly Timmy Cahill

?4 - god knows! Someone with some pace please! Damien Duff anyone?

For me there are only 7 players that pick themselves. We are quite weak in midfield (I'm sorry I'm just not a huge TC fan).

forgot to put this earlier, but how an you NOT include cahill in your starting line up, even if we signed Manny (which we won't) he wouldn't replace cahill, they arn't even the same type of player. i really think that timmy should always be one of the first names on the team sheet

My starting line up would be:

------------------Howard--------------------

---------Jagielka---Yobo-----Lescott-------

--Neville-----------------------------Valente/Richardson/Barry

---------Cahill----Carsley---Arteta-------

-------------Vaughan---------AJ-------------

3-5-2 with Neville and the left sided player playing as wing backs- would get the best out of our midfield I reckon.

personally i don't thnk we should fuck around with the formation too much, our 4 at the back (i know jags will be making an apperance there next season) faired very well last season and because of it we had one of the best defences in the prem. dont think 352 would be a great idea. also villa will not let barry go, at least not cheaply. (i assume your refeing to gareth barry anyway)

personally i don't thnk we should fuck around with the formation too much, our 4 at the back (i know jags will be making an apperance there next season) faired very well last season and because of it we had one of the best defences in the prem. dont think 352 would be a great idea. also villa will not let barry go, at least not cheaply. (i assume your refeing to gareth barry anyway)

Thats fair enough- although I do think that formation with a very solid back three and a solid middle three would get the best out of players like Arteta and Cahill. Just my opinion, but what do I know!!!??

• 1 month later...

To conclude my first post:

Howard

Jags Lescott Yobo Baines

Arteta Fernandes Cahill A.Winger

Johnson Yakubu

We are really nearly there. If we can get a good winger than our first 11 look very strong.

I'd say stronger than any team outside the top 4 to be honest.

I suppose with £20m spent on Yak and Fernades its too much to ask for SWP? :)

I think however moyes plays there will always be a def. mid. in there. I personally like this lineup.

Howards

Hibo Yobo Lescott Baines

Jags

Arteta Cahill Fernandes

AJ Yak

When jags did come on against spurs he was everywhere and I think if you can channel that energy into a player who can run the midfield and keep his movement covering the back four he would be a great player to have in the holding role. I think with the attacking element to the midfield after the 3 i have named you can add peirnar/osman/Faddy as other options. This would also take out the need for out and out wingers.