IGNORED

Jason Koumas

sorry rob but there are plenty of players better than koumas... i can name a couple...not all of them.... but for 4.5 to 6 mil in the world? there are sure to be dozens of players that are better.

it irritates me how a couple of years ago when he was young and actually had promise he wasn't considered good enough, when we were in the bottom half of the table.... so what's he done to deserve this price tag and our interest now we've been in europe 2 out of 3 seasons...for gods sake, it's pathetic if we're even considering koumas as a potential signing for a top 6 club. he's what 27...not proved anything thus far except he can be a good player in lower divisions and make no impression on the premiership.

i said i could name a couple and so i will now...imo these 2 players are both achievable and better options. n'zogbia.... a left winger, with pace and a shed load of skill....and he's young, we've seen him play fantastically already in the prem, but hasn't been a regular last say 6 months....but importantly he's young and an aspiring star.

secondly, routledge. out of favour again, but he's behind lennon, so that's understandable.... proven, when he played for palace if it wasn't for his supply and johnsons finishing they wudda gone down with no respect in tact, proven he could beat defenders, cross a great ball and play in the premiership. so there's 2....and i'm no scout. whether you think the 2 players i named are better thats you're opinions, but in mine they are and they are wide players...koumas is not... koumas to replace osman? whats the point? buy one player that isn't good enough for a top premiership side to replace another. osman's probably a better option than koumas

i'll be very very disappointed if we sign koumas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that Koumas is any better than Osman, and i would'nt be arsed to see Ossie leave he is a championship player as far as i'm concerned. Koumas is just the same sort of player so why sign him? I can just see it now, this is gonna cost us £5-6m and that is too much.

Think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one craccer, N'zogbia.... a left winger, and not really the same sort of play maker Koumas. Don't disagree one bit that we need a left winger, but I would say we need a left winger capable of going straight in to the starting 11. For the sort of money we are talking I would love to see Richardson here next season, rather than N'zogbia.

Again, Routledge is not really the same type of player as Koumas, he is not going to be the play maker of the team, more an out and out winger, I am not a huge fan of his, but he would be a decent enough player to have in the squad. Routledge end delivery is slightly suspect, but Koumas is renowned for passing, crossing and dead ball delivery. I am just concerened that when it comes to crossing and dead ball delivery we have one of the best in Arteta, if he is unable to play then or needs to be rested, Everton have no back-up at all. Koumas is perhaps a poormans Arteta type of player -

As mentioned I am not thinking of Koumas as the heart and sole of the team, but as cover to Arteta, who is such a valueble player.

With regard to Osman, I am pretty sure Koumas is a much better all round player - To put things in persepective price wise - what is a fair price for us to expect for Osman - £3M maybe £4M tops. (We got £1m for Nace)

If that was the case then £4M-£5M for Koumas isn't that price - really.

Slightly off topic but this Ossie bashing (I know it's not everyone) does my head in. Typified by this...

aVhRxNhXSec

....with the sideline "vaughn (sic) and arteta, pure class." Just ignore the pivotal role Ossie played in it because it's not cool to rate him.

It may well be that he's not an automatic starter this year but from what I saw last year he's second only to Spud in attacking creativity from midfield. Some things don't come off sure and he can hold the ball for too long at times. He'll play a lot of games next season and be a big influence, even if it's from the bench. Look at the goal ffs (even the commentator doesn't mention his name :angry: )! I rest my case ;) .

Koumas? Not a fucking clue but I trust Davie's judgement as always.

i agree with the above

you cant compare Koumas and Richardson. Koumas is a very good midfield playmaker who shows his talent in a welsh shirt, so maybe that suggests he steps up a gear or two when he's playing with/against a better quality of player. Indeed, if you talk to alot of welsh fans, they hold him in very high regard

i just dont see all the fuss about Richardson. I dont rate him as a player and apart from pace, im not sure what he brings to the team. He has a giant sized ego and if you read the utd forums on bbc.co.uk they all seem to be cock-a-hoop to get shot of him. If we are going to say "well we need some pace in the team" why not sign john regis and maurice green ?? :>

Also, i dont think we are the type of team who needs to get to byline to smack in crosses and high balls into the box. We scored a shed load of goals last season without a pacey winger and we can do the same this season. Id rather have midfield playmakers to create chances then hack the ball down the line for quick players to chase.

Also, one final point, the way our two top strikers player (imo vaughan and AJ) they have bags of pace and tend to make runs down the channels, holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game. Do we really need a big headed utd reserve to do that job ? no chance

Koumas all the way for me

it's not because it's not cool it's because he loses the ball constantly, lacks creativity and has no pace whatsoever.

A strong viewpoint you always put forward but is there anyone else who agree's with you?

He's a valuable member of the squad and without him we would not have qualified for the CL 2 years ago or coped at all with last season!!

it's not because it's not cool it's because he loses the ball constantly, lacks creativity and has no pace whatsoever.

You're entitled to your opinion Mike, but can you explain to me how, if he's so poor, did he finish joint fourth (with Yobo) in the TT player of the season behind Lescott, Arteta and AJ.

That's taking into account peoples opinion on each individual match objectively, putting aside vague impressions that he "loses the ball constantly, lacks creativity and has no pace whatsoever."

We'd be a much poorer team without him in the sixteen, no question in my mind and the stats back that up.

...and I still have no opinion on Koumas :P .

i don't think he adds anything to the team..and i know a lot of people that support my opinion...they may not be on this site however.

he has a few games where he does well or scores a goal ... but he's awful for losing the ball in good positions... useful squaddie but not first teamer

tbh i dont like osman as a player, i think he just think no1 is there and becasue he hasnt any pace he just tries to run through the player like there no there an jus gets the ball taken off him

then agen he dus score sum gr8 goals each season, but id have koumas anyday over him

I am not an Ozzie basher, he has his good points and his bad points and in the main does a fair enough job for us and has done so over the last couple of years - a valued member of the current squad.

But if we are looking to improve I am afraid your Ossies and McFadden have to be the players that are in need of upgrading. If you are a fringe player of the first 11, then at the very worst we want to be bringing in better finge players or player that can make the starting line up.

Love him or loath him, I am afraid Ozzie is likely to go down the pecking order, and that can only be a good thicg for the club as a whole.

I am actually a welshman, and Koumas is doing good things in a Welsh shirt - but it is the fact that he has been consistently one of the top players in the Championship over the last couple of year, that make me think he may be worth shelling out £5M on this summer. If Moyes consistently bought the top couple of players from the Championship each summer (defneders, midfeilders, strikers) then given the money spent we wouldn't have a half bad squad.

A strong viewpoint you always put forward but is there anyone else who agree's with you?

He's a valuable member of the squad and without him we would not have qualified for the CL 2 years ago or coped at all with last season!!

wouldnt of done it without marcus bent either ( didnt see us hanging on to him for dear life)

osman is lightweight and aslong as he is a first team player are side will not be going in a direction we want it to

i have no objections to him as a squad player mind

wouldnt of done it without marcus bent either ( didnt see us hanging on to him for dear life)

osman is lightweight and aslong as he is a first team player are side will not be going in a direction we want it to

i have no objections to him as a squad player mind

Bollocks, Ossie scored as many goals in less games from midfield and the majority of those were injury time winners!

"" osman is lightweight and as long as he is a first team player are side will not be going in a direction we want it to""

I like OSMAN and i'm the first to say that we are hoping to improve on certain players, you could say CARSLEY is also in that category, but we've done okay with them so far, and they have helped us to move in the "right direction".

I think that comment is a bit flippant and without much thought, seeing as it was the managers choice to play him in 36 games last season.

I think that comment is a bit flippant and without much thought, seeing as it was the managers choice to play him in 36 games last season.

with a lack of options infact no options to bring in for him in a scence of replacement.

no body was his biggest fan in the middle of this season

im not saying i want him sold, i just see him as no more than a squad player thats all thats all he is worthy of

i remeber when peole use to say he is not good enough for the premiership but too good for the chapionship[not me personaly]

hope its not us

osmans a good squad player, he can win ya a game...but he's not got the ability to be a starting player ... he's a player u might bring on after 70 minuts if you're 1-0 and looking for a goal...which makes him a useful squad player. don't get me wrong i don't want him out...just saying we should have better in our starting 11 ...but koumas isn't any better imo

One person for that amount of money am hoping we don't sign but as other people have said not going to get players that was voted the player of the season in the championship for under 5m (same price we paid for Lescott)

Not for me though thats just cos I don't rate him that much.

im sort of with craccer on the ossie subject.

he does have his good games, he does have a nice control on him, and can sometimes pick a good pass. but he is far too inconsistent, he is a useful member of the squad, but imo he is our weakest link in the midfield. if we could get a player with a left foot he would be the first one out of our midfield, and is the easiest to replace.

i wont critisise his commitment, and he genuinely is a hard worker, i just think his weaknesses far outweigh his strengths

Truth is Wigan can offer £7M if they like, but I don't think Koumas will want to go to Wigan.

Wigan's bid is over the top, but they know they have to out bid clubs like ourselves and Villa to try and get us out of the picture. Of course West Brom have accepted £5.3M bid. It will go nicely with the £6m they have just taken of Fuham for Kamara.

The question has to be does Koumas want to go from team who is going to be fighting for the Championship to one who in all likleyhood is going to be relegated next season, Unlikely in my opinon.

I think we would get him for £4.5M max.

""The question has to be does Koumas want to go from team who is going to be fighting for the Championship to one who in all likleyhood is going to be relegated next season, Unlikely in my opinon.""

If he is any good or has any ambition he will jump at the chance to play in the prem, cos its deffo not a certainty that W Brom will be fighting for the Championship, if selling their best players is anything to go by, with Kamara already gone.

Im not going to go through the whole thread (yes I am lazy :D) but in my opinion he is not worth anything near that amount of money.

Dont get me wrong, I would have snapped him up when we got of got him FOR BUTTONS but 7 million is a lot him. Same could be said about Nuguent I suppose but I think David has more quality then Koumas.

Yet another player we could have got for next to nothing a few years ago and now is going for millions.

Ah Everton....:rolleyes:

I can't really understand why everybody is going on about this "could have got him for £2.25M three years ago" business

We used to £2.25M to buy Cahill instead of Koumas at the time, anybody still think we missed the boat signing Koumas now?? If I remember correct that was a summer when all we had was a can of beans to buy players.

Koumas has only gone up £2-3M, and considering this summers transfer market - thats just inflation. So the fact that he has proven in the the last two season that he top championship player means the price is reflective if you ask me, whether its value for money that is a another question. Trouble is not much value for money around so far this summer.