IGNORED

Moyes Wants More Players...

Here we go again.

We start with the old we hoping to add a few more players to the old we want to add some players to the old we are looking but not much around at the moment.

The reason there is not much around is cos other teams where prepared to pay more for the players that we were linked with.

Same every time.

Next thing will be along the lines or we want players but wanted players but none there and people wanted to keep there players but we have a good small squad that will stick together.

Same old Same old.

We hear this every year.

A pointless trip into europe and a poor showing in the prem is just around the corner.

They have told us themselves there is a need for a larger squad of players. So why is the squad now acceptable????

If no more new faces come in soon im going to be fairly worried this season. Look at the likes of Newcastle Sunderland & Spurs buy buy buy

Yea I know we will all say quality over quantity but...... come on

smallest squad in the premiership

Loose Cahill Arteta or Johnson and we may as well give up now.

Lets hope not anyway BLUES come on everton

GET YA WALLET OUT

Problem is we don't know how much Kenwright is giving him to spend. Moyes has long lamented the financial contraints at Everton while patting himself on the back for competing with teams who have money, and rightly so. But we know for certain there is a huge influx of cash this year possibly more than double last year. Moyes will have a list of players he wants to bring in and in my opinion between the chairman and ceo, they are not giving him the money he needs.

He has also said this as well.

Moyes sealed a £4million move for Phil Jagielka from Sheffield United last week and is keen to add more players to his squad, but admits he is struggling to compete with some of the top flight's big spenders.

The likes of Manchester United, Tottenham, Liverpool, Fulham and West Ham have splashed millions of pounds on new players this summer and Moyes fears inflated prices could have negative consequences for the game.

He told Everton's official website: "I think there has been some irresponsible buying and spending by some clubs and it makes it a bit more difficult if you've got less money to spend than that."

If we had millions to spend like if we got investment then I am sure he wouldn't moan.

It's just no good....I can't take it anymore :crying_anim: goodbye cruel world :suicide_anim: .

(It wasn't the lack of signings that did for me in the end St Peter mate, it was all those depressing bastards on TT....now where do I go for a kick about with Dixie, Labs and Bally?)

It's just no good....I can't take it anymore :crying_anim: goodbye cruel world :suicide_anim: .

(It wasn't the lack of signings that did for me in the end St Peter mate, it was all those depressing bastards on TT....now where do I go for a kick about with Dixie, Labs and Bally?)

Mike, Can i have the Human Beast tape then as you won't need it anymore. ;)

I absolutely love this line -" ...there has been some irresponsible buying and spending by some clubs..."

That has to be one of the best excuses I have ever heard for getting out bid on players.

It's like what a said on another post - If you find all the player you want are valued at around 25-50% more than you hoped - you either buy less players, shop further down the market or overspend your budget or a mixture of these. Simple economics.

My point would be - get someone for the left hand side - either a left back or left winger, just pay the going rate to get somebody half decent on this side of the pitch. even if it mean stretching in to next seasons transfer budget a little.

i agree Rob this line " ...there has been some irresponsible buying and spending by some clubs..." i think is moyes warming up his list of reasons for us not signing anyone, before long you will get the " We looked but nothing was there " line also. However there is still a month till the start of the season so we will have to wait and see tbh. you never know.

Maybe he's being loyal to the man who pays his wages and keeping shut about what goes on behind closed doors. It amazes me how our chairman escapes critisism when we talk about lack of transfer activity. Thats the last I'll say on it, I know I'm repeating myself...

Everyone knows its the board.... Moyesy is just the front man

Im sure moyes just picks his targets and lets the backroom stuff get done by the moneymen

When there is a gaurenteed 30mill knocking about...... I know reports suggest we had 9mill to spend wich is realistic for the cash strapped blues.

what the hell is going on

they seem to be struggling to find 9 mill....

Its as iff were haggling for hagglings sake..... If richardson was available for 4mil the other day wyh not just cough up and bite uniteds hands off...

what the hell are we after BOGOF.

Yea seems if you have a moan and your new they dont like you posting

must be just for you big boys with all the power

So Ill say it here

MOYESY HASNT GOT A CLUE

Everyone knows its the board.... Moyesy is just the front man

Im sure moyes just picks his targets and lets the backroom stuff get done by the moneymen

When there is a gaurenteed 30mill knocking about...... I know reports suggest we had 9mill to spend wich is realistic for the cash strapped blues.

what the hell is going on

they seem to be struggling to find 9 mill....

Its as iff were haggling for hagglings sake..... If richardson was available for 4mil the other day wyh not just cough up and bite uniteds hands off...

what the hell are we after BOGOF.

:wacko:

Edited by GoldfishMemory

If it is the board, then moyes should have some balls and come out and say he is not happy with the lack of backing, ffs we are suposed to be mounting a campaign in europe. rafa did it with them yanks, it soon shook them up. he's a decent manager and seems like a decent bloke so how can he be happy with this every year? his head will start to turn towards other jobs before long, i can see it coming.

the worst thing about this is there is another month of checking the internet daily for a sniff of a signing, whilst other 'lesser' clubs spend spend spend.

I'm not down hearted yet. As there IS still that month. Just hope i don't look back on Day 1 of the season and say 'what if'

You watch guys, we'll call a press conference next week and unveil 6 new quality players that will have us all screaming 'everton doing business the everton way....quiet and effective......Hooray for the blues' :whistle:

ps.....has anyone heard from Mikeo ? ? ?

heard it all before, stop dithering and get your finger out

He says it every season and nothing much else happens, its the same old story, if we get no1 in, then go out early in europe then people seriously need to question the board because if BK would just fuckoff and let some1 with money come in then we couldn't blame him. I usually blame moyes but I dont think it is Moyes he knows who he wants just if we have the money + we must not have any or Nugent would be an Everton player.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I was having a look at the news on Everton website from July/August last year and the last one I can see about signings is DM saying around the 3rd August he wants more players and looking and then nothing til near the end of August where we get not going to add to the squad.

I think Moyes is having a bit of a dig at Roy Keane.

We could have had Nugent 4mil, Smith & Richardson 7mil, Baines 5mil(ish) but then Roy the mountie comes along and starts bidding silly money and we are basically lookin at paying through the nose for players who should be reasonably priced. We could have had the 4 players above for 16mil if the rumours are to be believed but after the stupid bids being thrown around,

Nugent 6mil SOLD

Smith 6mil

Richardson 6mil (I think)

Baines 6.5mil

So thats 16mil worth of players we or somebody else could have signed but because of people like Roy Keane those same group of players are now gona cost at least 24.5 million pound. Keane or other managers could have just offered what the player was worth rather than going in with a top dollar bid and driving up the price of every player sold this summer.

As for the will he won't he saga Moyes did say at the end of the season don't expect the signings to land until near the end of the window!

Goldfish said .... "As for the will he won't he saga Moyes did say at the end of the season don't expect the signings to land until near the end of the window!"

. . . .

Yeah Liam, but by that tiime all the decent players have gone elsewhere, so we are then looking at players we didnt really want. So its sale time and we end up with 2nd class players and panic buys.

I'm one of your pessimistic moaning old fookers and i know i should'nt be after 50 years of the Everton way, but I'm so disappointed that we havent learnt a lesson.

Two seasons ago 4th place and into Euro after god knows how many years, they bought nobody that was any good, ended up with the smallest and weakest squad in the premier and trying to survive in euro, and i'm sure you remember how it went, out of everything in the first round and in the bottom two by christmas, Favourites for relegation.

Here we are again and the same thing is happening, all the better players are going to lesser clubs, if we had matched any of the bids for these players they would have jumped at us to sign rather than Wigan, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Birmingham ffs, theyve all spent more than us. Now we'll probs end up with some players we've never heard of, or maybe no fooker at all, If we can only spend four million out of an expected windfall of 50 to 60 million this season, we must be in freefall to extinction.

I'M A MISERABLE OLD FOOKER. :) but there must be an awful lot of peeps who feel the same way, and i admire you for keeping your Chin up, you believe in the club, and you put your feelings down in print, thats your choice.

But equally all those other peeps who dont have the same feelings as you should not be called when they put theirs down in print.......Just an afterthought. ;)

I agree with the whole sentiment of your post Bill I just think this is the wrong time to be admitting defeat. There is endless posibilities on why and who and how much it just seems a bit premature to sit back in our computer chairs and say "I told you so"!

It's possible Moyes isnt the slightest bit interested in any of the players we have "missed out on" and all his signings are lined up.

On the other hand I could be wrong but I'll give up hope when there is no hope, until then I'm on a high it's Bury on Saturday the footballs back peeps :D

true they do have 2 millionaires at the club like Pompy have 1 and a few others have some. We don't (only on paper) and I am sorry but its about time Everton done something about it. Do I want the Man City guy to take over Everton. no not really but if he is bringing money to the club then what does it matter. Would you have Roman in charge at Everton

At this rate we are going to be over taken by the likes of Pompy, Newcastle and Mancity and get further behind the likes or Spurs and the Arse not to mention the top 3.

DM said at the end of last season he need a good few players coming in. Said the other week he wanted to add to the players he add. Said the other day he hoped to add more players now saying he wants to add more players but its tight out there.

I agree with the people who say we still have 1 month left and not worry but I agree with the likes of Licker more.

1 signing in 6 weeks is not enough. At what point do we start worrying when we have not signed anyone else?? 1 week before the season starts??? 1 week after the season starts? 1 day before the window cloese???

Yes there is still time to sign players but the worrying thing for me is how it seems to be following pattons for previous years